Northwestern Wildcats

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are the likely white starters for the 2005 Wildcats.

Offense
QB-Brett Basanez
FB/TE-Frayne Abernathy
RT-Zach Strief
RG-Ryan Keenan
C-Adam Crum
LG-Joe Tripodi
LT-Dylan Thiry

Defense
DE-Loren Howard
DT-Trevor Schultz
MLB-Tim McGarigle
SAM-Adam Kadela
SS-Bryan Heinz

Other white Panthers who will see playing time include: FB Chris Malleo, DE's Mark Koehn and Kevin Mims, and DT Warren Anderson.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I don't see him on the roster Kevin. Where did you find him?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Even though this team lost a big bowl game to heavily favored UCLA (who had Freshman white TE Ryan Moya score on a 58 yard TD pass) today, this team whitened up considerably throughout the year. They had some great players that should be mentioned as well. I saw Redshirt Freshman WR Ross Lane catch some long ones, out of his 7 for 136 yards! Freshman WR Eric Peterman had 2 for 27. QB Brett Basanez had 416 yards passing and 32 rushing. What is suprising is that Basanez was the second leading rusher on the team this year, running for 423 yards and throwing for 3622. Senior LB Tim McGarigle was a tackling machine with 156, or over twice as many as the second leading tackler who had 77. LB Adam Kadela was 3'rd with 72. McGarigle tied for the team sack lead with DE Mark Koehn.

NU ended up alternating 7 to 8 whites on defense throughout the season, which was way more than I thought. I am glad I was low on my count.
smiley4.gif
When I saw how many whites were playing today, I knew I was off. They added a LB, DE, and a Freshman DB at some point. Northwestern was one of the 5 whitest teams at one point or another during the season.
smiley32.gif

whiteCB

Master
Jeff Backes, for anyone interested had to end his playing career due to a bad back that would not allow him to play anymore. He would have been one of the few white CBs in D1 and would have been a senior this year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer