North Dakota State

G

Undefeated so far this season with a thrashing over a D1A team. I believe they are ranked 2 or 3 in 1AA( or whatever they call it now). They play the Gophers here soon and should blow them out.

They start a nearly all white team. On offense they are led by sophomore tailback Tyler Roehl. 5'10" and about 240. He is a battering ram. He's been putting up big #'s. Fun team to follow.

Small schools are once again showing they can compete with bigger schools. The only thing they are lacking is the best o-linemen. Bigger schools still think its ok to play white linemen. The tide is changing however, with the fad of black sumo o-lines. That being said look for the smaller schools to get even more competitive in years to come.

voice

Guru
Mr Wonderfull,

you beat me to it!

They hammered Central Michigan who ,BTW, hammered Toledo and they played undefeated Purdue well!

I can't wait till they play the gophers!!

G

Voice,

Another team that has been coming on strong lately is South Dakota State. The have an all white backfield this year, with redshirt freshman Kyle Minett recently getting significant carries. Kyle is Minnesota's 2nd all time leading rusher. He is averaging nearly 10 yards per carry so far this season.

The Dakota teams get most of Minnesota's top white skill players. I witnessed this first hand during recruiting in highschool. I ended up as a RB at SDSU. Minnesota said I could only play fullback or linebacker at the D1 level...Edited by: mr.wonderfull

voice

Guru
Mr Wonderfull,

I thought there was someone on the boards that ran for SDSU.

These teams are very exciting because in the past a lot of talent was getting thinned out to D3 and since they were DII they didn't have a lot of financial help for athletes.

This may seem greedy, but I just wish the Gateway Conference(which SDSU and NDSU are joining) would go full D1 and not 1-AA because we have enormous white talent in the midwestern states. If Utah and Boise State can do it in low population western states , what could we do here!!!

Gary

Mentor
I live in South Dakota and hope both North and South Dakota do well. We do have some good high school players in these two states. O'Gorman highschool has some really good players.

mrwonderfull

#1 Ranked Bison blew out Mississippi Valley State 58-7. Next up is the Gophers. On a sad note, Roehl only carried the ball 5 times for 60 yards. He was on pace to get well over 1,000 yards. 2 black running backs got the majority of the carries. Lets hope this trend doesn't continue. He was averaging 134 yards a game..

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Actually, one of those backs is white, Pat Paschall. He had 13 carries for 13 for 64 plus a 16 yard TD catch. I am like you though, mrwonderfull, I was hoping Tyler would again get the bulk of the carries. Congrats to the Bison for breaking some Caste up in my home of the Mississippi Delta today! I'm sure those Delta blacks were having fits, sort of like the way D2 Delta State beat 1AA Jackson State in the first game of the year with the help from a TD and 107 yards rushing by white WR/RB Chad Schroeder.

G

http://www.bisoninsider.com/recruitwatch.html

He looks fairly black to me
smiley2.gif

From this list of recruits I only see one white RB. Hopefully NDSU stays true to their ways an keeps recruiting local talent, instead of going down south to get affletes like the Gophers.Edited by: mr.wonderfull

Kaptain

Master
mr.wonderfull said:
http://www.bisoninsider.com/recruitwatch.html

He looks fairly black to me
smiley2.gif

From this list of recruits I only see one white RB. Hopefully NDSU stays true to their ways an keeps recruiting local talent, instead of going down south to get affletes like the Gophers.

Yah, he is as black as the ace of spades alright. I give NDSU one or two more years of prominence before they turn into every other mediocre caste molded team. Looks like they went "down South" to find "Division I like" talent. They should just ride the horse brought em to the dance and use their new IAA status to get even better recruits locally.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well crapola, I guess I was looking at the wrong pictures. That's what happens when you look at faces and stats over a 14 hour span.
smiley5.gif
I'll have to make a correction then.

G

Well the Bison dominated the Gophers. Racked up nearly 600 total yards. Final score was 27-21, much closer than it should have been. Roehl had 200 yards on 9 carries in the first half! Ended the game with 268 yards.

The bison have 33 mostly white players from Minnesota on their roster who weren't "good enough" to play for the Gophers
smiley36.gif

Amazingly they showed a couple of Roehl's big runs on ESPN. They did of good job of praising the Bison Edited by: mr.wonderfull

Kaptain

Master
Wow! What a day for Tyler Roehl. Coming out of high school, Tyler was the North Dakota State Player of the Year. He led his team (West Fargo) to two straight state championships. For those that don't know, Fargo is on the border of Minnesota and North Dakota. To think that Minnesota didn't even recruit this kid.
smiley36.gif

2007-10-20_165915_roehl.jpg
Edited by: Kaptain Poop

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
awesome. Awesome! AWESOME!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Someone told me that NDSU was a TD favorite although the betting line is usually not given in games between teams in different divisions.

My favorite part of the highlight video was when the NDSU player blew threw some poor Minnesota tackling. "You don't do that to a back from North Dakota State!"
smiley32.gif
smiley4.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wow this is excellent! Looks liike Tyler Roehl keeps his job too
smiley4.gif
!

G

As good as Roehl's performance was, it only earned him CO- offensive player of the week. Another white running back from South Dakota State, Cory Koenig, had 259 yards on 22 carries with 4 td's. Roehl and Koenig are 1-2 in their conference atop the rushing leader board. SDSU beat #19 Cal Poly and are now 1-0 in conference play.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
whiteCB, ND State was D2 in 2003 and became 1-AA in 2004.

jared

Mentor
I think they're still in their probationary transition period or whatever. It took me a quite a while to be able to find their team statistics on NCAA's website.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
jared, you are somewhat correct. North Dakota State moved to 1-AA with a 5 year transition period. This is the last year of not being playoff eligible and they are actually switching conferences from the Great West (they won the conference last year) to the Gateway next season. South Dakota State is doing the same thing. The Gateway Football Conference is a much blacker one than the Great West. Lets hope this doesn't change the pigmentation of the Dakota's teams.

By the way, ND State has 33 players on their roster from Minnesota. You better believe many of these white players were Caste-offs and wanted some revenge. I'm glad they got it!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Gi-15, I just corrected my above post. ND State is ineligible for this year because they are in the last year of a 5 year transition phase to 1-AA. Seems like a mighty long transition to me. Western Kentucky is moving to 1-A over a 2 year transition period. Why does one move have to take 5 years and another 2?Edited by: Colonel_Reb