North Carolina A&T player dies from heat

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Black player collapses after workout

GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) - North Carolina A&T State University says a football player has died from complications of heat illness.

The school said Wednesday that senior Chad Wiley collapsed after a voluntary workout on campus Tuesday. Officials said he was transported to a hospital after an athletic trainer stabilized him.

The 22-year-old from Black Mountain was a two-year starter on the offensive line.

[url]http://news14.com/content/top_stories/596110/n-c--a-t-mourns -lost-student-athlete/Default.aspx [/url]

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Doesn't it seem like most of the players that die in the heat are black? I wonder what the numbers are. I thought blacks were supposed to be better suited to hot weather. Although "better suited" probably means "more comfortable lying around" then it does able to do work.

Anytime I've visited hot weather locations the "locals" did nothing but lie around. And of course the tropics have been developed mostly by white people.

I worked with a Malaysian once, it was hotter then heck and humid, he was wearing a starched long sleeve white dress shirt and didn't break a sweat, I had on a T-shirt and was sweating buckets. Of course I was doing all of the work but whenever you find yourself doing work with non-whites you can be sure it will be YOU doing most of the work.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yep Jaxvid it does seem like most are black, at least the ones we hear about.

I have been around a few blacks that would work hard. I've never worked around many hispanics, so I can't say a whole lot about that from personal experience. You are correct about whites doing more of the work in most cases though.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I see alot of Hispanics doing hard work such as laying asphalt, mowing lawns and fixing roofs and so I think in general alot of them have a good work ethic. I still want all the hard working illegals deported out of here though.
smiley2.gif

fjsdlra

Colonel_Reb said:
Black player collapses after workout

Don't be surprised if the player's family files a lawsuit against the school.That's the way these situations usually turn out.......