NL Central Division.

GeneralLee

Who are Y'all rooting for in the NL Central division it is down to 2 teams the St.Louis Cardinals and the Cincinnati Reds I am rooting for the Cards to win and I believe they will win the division.
The reasons why I am rooting for St.Louis is:

1.) The Cards have more Whites than the Reds.
2.) Dusty Baker is the manager of Cincy and you know about his racist comments about white players playing in the heat.
3.) Tony Larussa is a Great American Patroit he supports the Tea Party movement and also the Arizona emegration law.
4.) Eventhough he is a Non White Albert Puljos is a good Christain and a good family man with a clean record ( Roid Free) as far as we know.
5.) Missouri was carried by McCain / Palin while Ohio was carried by Hussain Obama. Missouri is a solid Red State while Ohio used to be but now since Hussain carried it it is stained in my book.

I was a White Sox fan but with Obama and the White Sox.com forum they are a bunch of Obama supporters I am going to Quit being a White Sox fan. I am thinking on converting into a St.Louis Cardinal fan.Are they MLB's most white friendly team? Who would You all rathge see win the NL Central the Reds or Cards?
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I believe St. Louis is one of the Whitest MLB teams this season. I like the Cards also, as a kid because of the regional connection, and now as a man because of the racial connection. Of course, my father in law likes the Cards and it gives us something else to talk about. I hope they win the Division this year. The only pro sports merchandise I own is a St. Louis baseball hat and jersey, both given to me by my in laws.

Bear Backer

Mentor
The Cardinals of course, I am a Cardinals fan even though I grew up a Cubs fan. I've been a Cardinal fan since a wise girlfriend I had in college got me to see the error of my ways. I can't say I dislike any of the Cardinals players, though Pujols really pissed me off with his comment about Arizona 1070. He is either another liar or a complete moron. I can't say I have ever been a huge fan of his, I have really never believed that he was completely clean which bothers me knowing how he came from a basically nothing beanpole prospect who nobody was all that interested in to a dynamic slugger overnight and I have posted those feelings on this site before. Nor have I ever been completely sure of the wholesome and unselfish image the he is often presented as having and really likes to portray himself as having. I try not to be a cynic, but I've known a lot of horn tooters, and I am always suspicious when someone seems to buy into their own press a little too much. There are also times when he absolutely frustrates the heck out of me as a Cardinal fan. Even though he is a great hitter,anyone who watches him enough can tell from his body language that he doesn't always seem to like it when he is not the center of attention. He comes through a lot in the clutch, but I have also seen him kill a lot of rallies trying to hit the long ball all the time. Beyond rooting for own kin, that is why I like Matt Holliday more, he is not afraid to just get on base. Albert is also notorious for making horrible base running blunders at times, where you really wonder what he is thinking about. Sometimes they come across as being selfish, even though the Cardinal announcers always try to to paint him as just playing hard. There is a find line between hard and being overly aggressive.

Not saying that he is a bad guy, but I think possibly maybe if you put him in another market where perhaps there was more pressure and a less player friendly environment than St Louis, then we might see another side of old Albert that isn't so "saintly" all the time. That is always the impression I have gotten from him anyway.

But I digress, of course I want the Cardinals to win, but I wouldn't at all be too heartbroken if Cincinnati were to make a run. Even though the Lizard said some stupid and nonsensical things about White players, I think he said them more out of plain ignorance than real seething malice like what you get with a Joe Morgan. Dusty actually doesn't have too bad of a record of playing Whites. His Reds team this year is pretty White friendly as well and he has given a young and talented Drew Stubbs a chance to play everyday in Center which is more than most managers would do in this day and age. Heck first class Jackass Lou Piniella won't even make a prospect like Tyler Colvin a regular, despite the fact that he has shown a penchant to be clutch and is on a pace that if he were getting as many at-bats as the other Cub outfielders would be outplaying them all. Fukodome completely sucks and Soriano is a pathetic fielder who will go into one of his extended offensive funks and disappoint Cubs fans once again soon. So Dusty is not so bad in my book. Edited by: Bear Backer

GeneralLee

I found out about that the other day that Pujols said abot Arizona 1070 that certainlly knocked him down a bunch of knoctches in the respect colum for me. I wondering was thinking when he said and does he actually believe if he goes to Arizona he would get deported? As a Born Again Christain I didn't he would take such a politically correct position.
smiley7.gif
Doen't he have any sympothy for the people of Arizonia the Rapes,Druge and murders? He lost my respect I would like to see the Cards trade him to the NY Mets for David Wright and Dwight Smith both really good white guys that would make the Cards the most whitest team in MLB!!!
smiley32.gif
Would you make that trade???

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Lots of born-again Christians (I am one so I can say this without malice) drink the kool-aid that the mass media feeds them about issues such as this. The biggest problem with most self-proclaimed Christians and Americans in general is that they refuse to think critically and honestly about anything that isn't politically correct. Their "leaders" don't want them to connect all the dots, so they tell them what to think and how to think it.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Lots of born-again Christians (I am one so I can say this without malice) drink the kool-aid that the mass media feeds them about issues such as this. The biggest problem with most self-proclaimed Christians and Americans in general is that they refuse to think critically and honestly about anything that isn't politically correct. Their "leaders" don't want them to connect all the dots, so they tell them what to think and how to think it.

well said, Colonel. Jesus compared his followers to sheep for a reason.

GeneralLee

Isn't that the truth. I am a born again Christain as well and I agree to much junck is being preached at churches today all PC garbage of Love you neighbor take care of the poor but not the message of salvation.
smiley19.gif
It is really sad I believe alot of these churches teach eith the Purpose driven life by Rick Warren which is garbage or the Greed gospel which you hear on TV which the pasters have plane & Yahts while a single mother of 3 gives her last dollars to these thieves which live in luxery. Now this garbage that Pujos represents I hope the Cards trade him to the Mets and let get a all white Cards & Reds teams let the minorities go to New York,Chicago and LA!!!
smiley32.gif

Bear Backer

Mentor
GeneralLee said:
I found out about that the other day that Pujols said abot Arizona 1070 that certainlly knocked him down a bunch of knoctches in the respect colum for me. I wondering was thinking when he said and does he actually believe if he goes to Arizona he would get deported? As a Born Again Christain I didn't he would take such a politically correct position.
smiley7.gif
Doen't he have any sympothy for the people of Arizonia the Rapes,Druge and murders? He lost my respect I would like to see the Cards trade him to the NY Mets for David Wright and Dwight Smith both really good white guys that would make the Cards the most whitest team in MLB!!!
smiley32.gif

I think at some point he will be a Met or Yankee sooner than later. Reportedly his contract negotiations this off season will be critical to his future with the club. He is signed through 2011, but there has already been speculation that he will definitely want a lot more money than Matt Holliday who signed the biggest contract in Cardinals history. Wainwright's contract will also be coming to an end in 2012 and I believe that he more than Pujols will be key to ensuring future success for the birds. I am betting that Pujols will want to go for the money this time and that the Cardinals may entertain trading him in 2011, especially if they were to win it all, fall on their faces in the second half of this year or if LaRussa decides not to come back. The Cardinals simply will not be able to afford him as well as keep their pitching strong if Albert opts to be the highest paid player in MLB history. The only problem is that after 2010 Pujols can waive any trade he doesn't like so it would have to be to a contending team looking to rent a player for a season or for someone with the money and Market that would attract Pujols. I don't think the Cardinals will let him just walk away. If he goes for the money, I say this is his last full year as a Cardinal.

Bear Backer

Mentor
GeneralLee said:
smiley7.gif
smiley32.gif

I'd make that trade in a heart beat, just for Wright alone. You'd lose a clutch bat in Albert, but you'd you'd also pick up a nearly three year younger clutch bat in Wright who is not obsessed with thee Home roon, but who still has home run power. Of course he would play third and you could move Freese to first. I am not familiar with Dwight Smith though, so off the top of my head I would probably ask for Nick Evans or Daniel Murphy. You might also be able to move Ludwick to first to have him compete with Freese (who has struggled after starting hot) until one of those guys were ready to possibly take over everyday. Give Jon Jay more time in the Outfield until you stabilized the first base position. Then you could decide if Ludwick or Jay would get the majority of the playing time in the outfield while the other would be a good 4th man. Edited by: Bear Backer

GeneralLee

I think his last name is Smith I don't follow the Mets real closly but I do know he is there current 1st baseman and is a first year player he was highly rated in the Mets farm system. I was impressed by both his fielding and hitting what I saw. If I get more info I'd share it with you.
smiley16.gif