Nic Macrozonaris

albinosprint

Mentor
I think a big key to European success is to train in the US.i really feel America has the best sprint coaches and the southern states climate is perfect for training. you take most of your OK white European sprinters and give them a American coach and there would be more Wariners around.

albinosprint

Mentor
allot of the pro coaches are black, so I'm guessing no.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'll bet someone would coach him simply because they would get alot of the credit if they could be the first coach to help a white sprinter get under 10 seconds.Both the sprinter and the coach would be rich and famous.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If you had a white 100 champion, you could set new endorsment records and appearance fees records. There is no coach/agent that wouldn't want a slice of that pie. Look at what being associated with last dominant white 100 runner(Borzov) did for Remy Korchemmy's career before he got busted for Balco........Edited by: white is right

albinosprint

Mentor
you'll have black guys like MJ who see's Wariner being white as his little cash cow and then there are your blacks like John Smith who has said, even if there was a fast white sprinter he wouldn't train him. so i think it could go both ways.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Did Smith really say that?(Not challenging you just dont believe any coach would publicly say it). I do know this he is thought of as drug guru as that team of his HSI(Harnessing Speed Intellegently) is viewed as a dirty team. I recall a few of their athletes getting busted over the years and drug rumours swirling for years.......
smiley5.gif

albinosprint

Mentor
it was a article from about 9 or 10 years ago. he was asked if he ever thought they could be a world class white sprinter and he said no. then he was asked if there was would he coach them and he said something along the line as "well I don't have to worry about that ever happening" then he went on saying who he wouldn't even if there was, but there never would be. I save all my sports magazine, I should try and find the article. I think it was in a runners world and the topic of the story was about how black dominate sprints and long distance. the whole article got me so steamed.

white is right

Hall of Famer
albinosprint said:
it was a article from about 9 or 10 years ago. he was asked if he ever thought they could be a world class white sprinter and he said no. then he was asked if there was would he coach them and he said something along the line as "well I don't have to worry about that ever happening" then he went on saying who he wouldn't even if there was, but there never would be. I save all my sports magazine, I should try and find the article. I think it was in a runners world and the topic of the story was about how black dominate sprints and long distance. the whole article got me so steamed.
Actually that did jog my memory and vaguely recall this. Now what was Smith's definiton of world class? Black and Schonelebe had both won medals at the worlds and Black would later win silver at Atlanta. Maybe he meant superfreak dominant like Johnson or like Wariner looks like he is right now.........

JD074

Master
white is right said:
If you had a white 100 champion, you could set new endorsment records and appearance fees records.

I'm not so sure. People are very uncomfortable with focusing on a white athlete's race; for example, there's been almost no discussion of Wariner's race in the MSM. Tony Kornheiser mentioned his race on PTI during the '04 Olympics, but that's the only time I've heard his race mentioned on TV. They would rather not talk about it.

People don't care about white athletes "breaking down barriers" in the same way that they care about black athletes supposedly "breaking down barriers." If a black athlete wins a Gold medal in the Winter Olympics, or does well in the NHL, they're celebrated as black athletes. There would be some discussion of a white man going sub-10, but he wouldn't be celebrated for it. That would be perceived as racism by the MSM. Edited by: JD074

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nic ran 2 more races on Tuesday in Canada winning them both.He won the semi final in a 10.32.In the final he was on his way to a scorching time but got a cramp with about 30 meters to go,he still won in a 10.36!Nic is training for the Canadian Nat'l Championships which will take place in August.He wants to regain the title of Canada's Fastest Man.I think he will barring injury.Keep up the comeback Nic.They all had given up on you.I can see big things next season from Nic.He will make a serious run at a 10.00 flat.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nic has advanced through the quarterfinals and now the semifinals with a wind legal 10.28!The 100 Finals for the Canadian National Championships are later today.Let's wish him luck in regaining the title of being the fastest man in Canada.He is looking solid so far and will be in the 200 meters too.
smiley32.gif

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
He won the 100m Canadian Championship in 10.31.
Congratulations on his victory!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Nic does it again.I love it.The Canada Athletics Association can go screw themselves for not funding Nic anymore.They gave up on him and pulled his govt.funding which he needs to train properly.Just about everyone wrote him off as a has been in Canada and worldwide.This shows what this kid is made.He has ice in his veins.He is consistantly running good times.I expect him to possibly get back to his 10.03 form next season.I just hope he can make it financialy.He has the potential to still run several sub 10's before it's all said and done.Congrats Nic.You deserve this!!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jared finished in 2nd place in the finals.He has had a very long season running in college all year.He peaked a few months ago.This was still a good showing.I look forward to seeing him lace them up next year.He will be one of the college sprinters to watch.

I'm still pumped about Macro winning the title.I just wonder if they will reinstate his funding next year.I sure hope so.He's the fastest sprinter that Canada has and they treat Nic like complete s***!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Canada is so stupid.They will not fund Nic Macrozonaris for next season.He has appealed three times now and been turned down every time.He is allowed to appeal one last time but I think he is wasting his time.Nic is Canadas Fastest Sprinter but they don't want him.Gee,could it be because he is white.You never know.

Nic can get a citizenship from Greece as he was born there.His dad is Greek.They love Macrozonaris over there and actually support athletics alot better in my opinon.Nic is wasting his time running for a country that treats him like the US would.Go run for Greece and we can call him the new Greece Lightning.I like that.It has a nice ring to it!
smiley2.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Bean counters run Canadian track. But would he be the fastest Greek if represented his father's homeland?Edited by: white is right

white lightning

Hall of Famer
With his wind legal p.b. of 10.03, he would be the fastest ever.I wonder if it would count though as he was not a Greek Citizen a few years ago when he set it down in Mexico. I think Nic has a couple of good years left in him but there is one bit of bad news.If he decides to move to Greece and compete there,he will have to sit out a full year of track.At Nics age,that is a difficult thing to do.However,I do think that it is in his best interests.I wish he would have done it years ago though.Good luck to Nic in whatever he decides to do.His website by the way for those who are interested is:

macrozonaris.comEdited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great news guys.Nic was just reinstated for funding by Canada Athletics.He will get $1500 a month plus doctors and a sports massage therapist.This isn't much but he wasn't funded at all last year and still was Canadas Fastest Man.He know will stay and run for Canada instead of moving to Greece.Hopefully this will be the right decision for Nic.Macro has so much talent and just needs to stay healthy to be competetive with the best sprinters in the world.He has battled injuries and financial problems the last several years.His first goal is to break his indoor 60 meter personal best of 6.56!I can see him almost definatley acheiving this in the winter indoor track season.Good luck to Macro!
smiley32.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Wow the bean counters lost. I wonder if the marijuana THC funding studies were cut because of this, after all the books have to be balanced....
smiley36.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif