NHL 2006/07 Season

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Lets go. The NHL 06/07 season is about start in a few weeks, I know you're all as excited as me!

Preseason Standings as of Sept. 28th

Blackhawks 6-0
smiley3.gif

Now they're just foolin' with my emotions!

cslewis1

Guru
Hey Bear-Arms I can't wait either! I was surprised to see the pre-season scores on the ESPN ticker the other night. Crept up on me.
With the NHL I root for the teams that will have the largest impact on promoting hockey. So, I'll be pulling for the Blackhawks again, maybe, just maybe they can win a few games.
But I have always liked the FLyers and Bruins, so from the Eastern Conference they are my teams.
Hopefully the cup this year will have some traditional teams. I greatly enjoyed the last two Cups with exciting 7 game series and southern teams vs. Canadian, but we need a whole lot more exposure than that to combat the NBA.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
SI NHL Power Rankings:

1. Ottawa
2. Anaheim
3. Buffalo
4. Nashville
5. San Jose
6. New York Rangers
7. Dallas
8. Carolina
9. Calagry
10. New Jersey
11. Detroit
12. Philadelphia
13. Edmonton
14. Colorado
15. Boston
16. Minnesota
17. Atlanta
18. Vancouver
19. Phoenix
20. Tampa Bay
21. Columbus
22. Montreal
23. Toronto
24. Pittsburgh
25. Los Angles
26. Florida
27. Washington
28. St. Louis
29. Chicago
30. New York Islanders

Realgeorge

Mentor
Hey Bear-Arms, THANKS for posting the Sports Illustrated NHL rankings. It will be fun to pick it apart in May! The NHL is completely up for grabs. Any of the 30 teams can be good this year, and I expect a full shakeup of the standings. It's especially great that the criminals who owned the Ottawa Sens and Buffalo Sabres five years ago are no longer on the scene.

Drop the Puck!

Bear-Arms

Mentor
lumsdenpower said:
you dont know the hockey well you american Montreal Canadien will make the playoffs!

smiley36.gif

TSN Power Rankings

1. Detroit
2. Ottawa
3. Nashville
4. Anaheim
5. Dallas
6. San Jose
7. Calgary
8. Buffalo
9. Carolina
10. New York Rangers
11. Philadelphia
12. Boston
13. Edmonton
14. Minnesota
15. Montreal
16. New Jersey
17. Atlanta
18. Florida
19. Toronto
20. Vancouver
21. Colorado
22. Los Angles
23. Phoenix
24. Tampa Bay
25. Columbus
26. Pittsburgh
27. New York Islanders
28. Washington
29. Chicago
30. St. Louis

They make the playoffs in this one.
smiley17.gif
Edited by: Bear-Arms

Bear-Arms said:

My dirty Devils are ranked 10th? They're a better team than that, but only if you ignore last seasons disgraceful playoff performance against the Canes. Dirty Jersey isn't supposed to get knocked out in the second round!
smiley7.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Lotta difference in those two rankings. Just goes to show how hockey is so wide open right now. Anything can happen.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Jersey has or had a lot of cap issues, I'm sure that factored into their decision.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
*Opening Night*

There should be a game on OLN/Versus. Most places will probably get the Carolina game.

cslewis1

Guru
DON'T FREAKIN GET OLN!!!!!!
AHHHH!!!!

cslewis1

Guru
...sorry about that.
ESPN Radio guys try to get hockey coverage but unfortunately they don't get much calls or emails about it from what I can tell.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
The OLN actually changed its name to Versus. There is no other way to watch hockey unless you buy NHL Center Ice or another hockey package. I've heard good things about nhl center ice, its well worth your money if you enjoy watching hockey. I think it's available for digital cable and dish network, and it costs about $169, if I remember correctly.

cslewis1

Guru
I doubt I'll pay that this year, Bear Arms. got another lil' one on the way and doubt there'll be much time to watch come January.
However, I did catch a Capitals game tongiht against Carolina. Ovechin(?) and this guy Semin, who I don't know much about, lead the team with 2 and 3 goals respectively. The Caps fans absolutley LOVE Ovechin. Haven't seen that kind of excitement towards a Cap for a long time. Be nice to see him get 50 again, and he'd be one of the new showcases for the NHL, along with Crosby etc.

Gonna be a good season. I can feel it in my gut.

hedgehog

Mentor
It's gonna be a great season. As a matter of fact teams are raising ticket prices. According to everyone at ESPN, a year ago, hockey was finished and fans were not going to return to the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2615891&nb sp;

Led by the Stanley Cup champion Carolina Hurricanes, more than half the league's teams have raised ticket prices, including 10 of them by more than 5 percent.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Hockey is rock solid, the fan base is all white and well to do. They can afford to go, have the time, and the interest. ESPN hates hockey because they want a sport that appeals to large populations numbers, boosts TV ratings so they can charge big bucks and act like they are a major player. Same for the MSM. They can be ignored. Hockey will always be very popular amoung enough people for it to pay off.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
That's cool in hockey..no racism..
Maxim Boisclair a frenshcanadian(black)lead the Ligue Majeur D'Hockey du Québec in goal with 66goals...he don't make the draft..He was a good scorer but he was too slow..
In other sport a black who dominated will be the first round choice lol