NFL Week 16

goyim

Guru
Saints defense has dominated the Panthers the entire game and suddenly they forget how to play football.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Saints defense has dominated the Panthers the entire game and suddenly they forget how to play football.

Until now, the Saints just lost the game. Their coach just lost them the game. I'm glad the Saints lost. Maybe they'll play to win the next time!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The greatest quarterback in NFL history just set the single season record for TD passes!!!!!! Fantastic!!!

dwid

Hall of Famer
Until now, the Saints just lost the game. Their coach just lost them the game. I'm glad the Saints lost. Maybe they'll play to win the next time!

that was on the players on that td throw. Malcolm Jenkins came on a blitz had a straight shot at Newton unblocked and goes right past him, and its a tendency of Newton always steps back when pressure is coming, so that was just complete stupidity by Jenkins by going past him.

and now Newton will be in the playoffs and will be given another 4 years at least no matter how bad he is. Dink and Dunk. Thats the only change that he has made, he used to take shots down the field which gave him lots of interceptions because of accuracy, now he is playing David Garrard style. Kuechly stopped the bread and butter of the Saints, screens and dump offs to Sproles and Thomas, and anything to Graham. Colston struggled to get separation as well as the other receivers.

seattlefan

Guru
Buffalo vs Miami:
Jim Leonhard - 1 int (4 on the season)
Kyle Williams - 2 sacks (10.5 on the season)

I totally forgot about Kyle Williams. He's having a good season.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Buffalo vs Miami:

Kyle Williams has been ridiculously under-publicized his entire career. Apparently White defensive tackles are just as offensive to the Caste System and its corporate media enablers as White cornerbacks and running backs.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
that was on the players on that td throw. Malcolm Jenkins came on a blitz had a straight shot at Newton unblocked and goes right past him, and its a tendency of Newton always steps back when pressure is coming, so that was just complete stupidity by Jenkins by going past him.

IDK dwid. You run 3 straight dives take a timeout and then punt. I think Payton should have tried to get at least 1 pass off to get 1 first down and the games over. I don't believe in conspiracies, but that was set up perfectly for Cam and the Black Panthers.:icon_confused:

PHillisFan

Master
sCam makes me vomit. The afleet and his stupid supaman antics is going to getting all the praise kuchely should be getting.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
IDK dwid. You run 3 straight dives take a timeout and then punt. I think Payton should have tried to get at least 1 pass off to get 1 first down and the games over. I don't believe in conspiracies, but that was set up perfectly for Cam and the Black Panthers.:icon_confused:

........and I promise this isn't hindsight. I was screaming at the TV, wondering why they ran the exact same play 3 times in a row and then called a timeout before punting, and then a 35 yard punt ensues!

PamelaOC

Banned
No love for the coal black Saints, but every black QB that enters the playoffs hurts regular whites just a little more. Now we'll see how Newton handles playoff pressure.

foobar75

Master
No love for the coal black Saints, but every black QB that enters the playoffs hurts regular whites just a little more. Now we'll see how Newton handles playoff pressure.

It's been a given for a few weeks now that on the NFC side, 3 black quarterbacks would make the playoffs. Looking at the bigger picture, we just can't have one win the SB this year. That would be an unbelievable shot in the arm to those who are trying to shove down this black quarterback experiment down our throats.

TwentyTwo

Master
Luke Keuchly is an animal...24 tackles(Carolina record) + 1 INT! He was getting plenty of love...the camera stayed stuck on him at the end!

Questionable conservative play calling at the end for the Saints....& they would rather cut Jim Leonhard and keep Roman Harper with his pedestrian speed...

CONGRATS Peyton Manning! WOW! & Eric Decker 10-131-2!

Kyle Williams & Justin Smith are the Best DT's in the Business!

dwid

Hall of Famer
........and I promise this isn't hindsight. I was screaming at the TV, wondering why they ran the exact same play 3 times in a row and then called a timeout before punting, and then a 35 yard punt ensues!

actually it was 3 different plays, the Saints tend to run the ball only to run the clock out. First one was Ingram designed to go off right tackle, 2nd one was supposed to be between the right guard and right tackle. Then the 3rd one was designed to go right up the gut. Fans have complained about Ingram's lack of running ability all season but Payton continues to put him in there because they gave up a pick to get back in the first round to get him. Pierre Thomas would have gotten 10 yards on 3 carries.

If they had passed and went 3 and out (which happened on many drives) then the Panthers have more time and all of their timeouts left and still the conspiracy angle. Or Drew forces it to Graham or some other bad decision for and gets picked off a 3rd time. Both of his picks were on short routes, by linebackers. Its not like he was going to chuck it deep in that situation.

He called a timeout before a punt earlier in the game too, its windy and rainy, Ginn could have easily have gotten it to the 50, pretty sure they ran that clock all the way down to 0 otherwise it would have been a delay of game penalty, which would have made it easier for Ginn to get to the 50 or even further making it only a few plays to get in field goal range.

Im sorry but a defense should be able to stop Cam Newton from scoring a td in one minute. Its a coal black defense, unless Will Herring is in there for some package. I was expecting a field goal and overtime and surprise, the big plays were given up by the usual suspects, the two safeties. When they had Leonhard in training camp, who was sitting on the bench for a while after starting and playing well but I see he has an interception today. 4 interceptions and not even a full time starter.

similar situation to the game the Saints lost to the Patriots, nobody talking about fixed then. You don't get sacked 6 times, throw 2 picks and expect to win. Coal black defense no matter how good they looked will let you down, a sumo tackle, espescially a rookie, will have defenders in your face all game long. And it was his first start because the other sumo kept giving up sacks and pressure. They had a better set up when they took the sumo out of the game last week and had Strief at LT and another White at RT, but the refusal to do that cost them, as well as letting go Leonhard. Can even go all the way back to giving Lance Moore a shot off the practice squad instead of Mike Hass who should have been a top pick. Andy Tanner lit it up in training camp and preseason but still on the practice squad. Its mostly passes to Graham and Sproles because the receivers can't get separation, this is with Graham and Sproles often demanding two defenders. Moore had one good season and dissapeared. Colston lost a step and has had terrible hands ever since his thumb injury. Meachem couldn't make it work on any other team and came back.

Last edited:

icsept

Master
The top 3 defenses in the league for points and yards: Seattle, Carolina, and San Francisco. It's not the quarterbacks.

The Hock

Master
Had a nice little football fan moment. Was watching the NFL channel when they went to a live audio feed of Dallas-Washington. Crucial fourth down play. Beasely comes and lines up. I think now do something Cole, and he makes a nice twenty yard grab for the first down.

Dallas doesn't win without that play.

That's how you stick around in the NFL.

Upside

Mentor
Cam Newton looks like a high school QB

He does. He literally did nothing all day. It was all defense, but Scam will somehow get the credit....

Buffalo vs Miami:

Leonhard should be the starting SS opposite Byrd. Not sure what Buffalo sees in Aaron Williams... If not for his lack of height, I think Leonhard would have been one of the better Safeties of the last 5-10 years.

And yes, Williams has been among the best interior d-linemen in the league for years, but for some reason, you never hear his name...:confused:

Same way he's handled the regular season; the defense will win the game, the media will give him the credit, and he'll take it...

You're right though, I've been rooting my butt off for Green Bay, Philly, and Dallas.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
actually it was 3 different plays, the Saints tend to run the ball only to run the clock out. First one was Ingram designed to go off right tackle, 2nd one was supposed to be between the right guard and right tackle. Then the 3rd one was designed to go right up the gut. Fans have complained about Ingram's lack of running ability all season but Payton continues to put him in there because they gave up a pick to get back in the first round to get him. Pierre Thomas would have gotten 10 yards on 3 carries.

If they had passed and went 3 and out (which happened on many drives) then the Panthers have more time and all of their timeouts left and still the conspiracy angle. Or Drew forces it to Graham or some other bad decision for and gets picked off a 3rd time. Both of his picks were on short routes, by linebackers. Its not like he was going to chuck it deep in that situation.

He called a timeout before a punt earlier in the game too, its windy and rainy, Ginn could have easily have gotten it to the 50, pretty sure they ran that clock all the way down to 0 otherwise it would have been a delay of game penalty, which would have made it easier for Ginn to get to the 50 or even further making it only a few plays to get in field goal range.

Im sorry but a defense should be able to stop Cam Newton from scoring a td in one minute. Its a coal black defense, unless Will Herring is in there for some package. I was expecting a field goal and overtime and surprise, the big plays were given up by the usual suspects, the two safeties. When they had Leonhard in training camp, who was sitting on the bench for a while after starting and playing well but I see he has an interception today. 4 interceptions and not even a full time starter.

similar situation to the game the Saints lost to the Patriots, nobody talking about fixed then. You don't get sacked 6 times, throw 2 picks and expect to win. Coal black defense no matter how good they looked will let you down, a sumo tackle, espescially a rookie, will have defenders in your face all game long. And it was his first start because the other sumo kept giving up sacks and pressure. They had a better set up when they took the sumo out of the game last week and had Strief at LT and another White at RT, but the refusal to do that cost them, as well as letting go Leonhard.

I agree, the defense should be able to hold Cam, but the situation changed with less than 2 mins. to play and I'm sure they (the defense) was playing loose to prevent the big play.

As for the offense, it's the oldest play in the book and it works 90% of the time, fake the off tackle or dive and drag the TE. Graham wasn't even in the game for the last series, I think they showed him on the sideline! The worse thing to happen is the TE end's not open and Brees runs instead of throws and the clock keeps running!

All I'm asking is for 1 pass, at least it could have loosened up Carolina's "D" for a little better yardage for the run.