NFL Week 14

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Deadlift, i agree but then again, Denver defense is better than Patriots, in my opinion.

If I was Belichick, I would employ a good combination of run/pass to demoralize Denver. Denver can be run on, and Brady should be able to connect with Gronk, Welker, Hernandez, etc.

Again, Denver can be run on.. if Belichick doesn't take advantage of that, he's no genius! New England's o-line should be able to get "push" against Denver.

backrow

Hall of Famer
****, that's a terrible Thursday night game.

as far as Pats-Broncos: yes, they can be run on but what will BB do? Danny is showing glimpses of greatness every time he touches the ball but he's been reduced to a backup role for no discernible reason. Green-Ellis and other scrubs can be stopped.
the game can very well be a shoot-out. Washington isn't exactly a high power offense and only a brain fart on Santana Moss's (not sure whether it was him) part stopped that possible Redskins game tying drive. a high scoring game is not out of the question. we need Decker to get more involved for Denver again, i don't know what is going on with him, but he's had more drops those last few games that I've seen from him, well, ever!

Westside

Hall of Famer
My mind tells me the Pats, but my heart tells me the Bronks. Namely I want Tebow to continue to smash his talent in the faces of DWFs, ESPN Caste bearers, dumb negro racist fans and for certain Steven A. Smiff with a win!

foobar75

Master
As far as the Chicago game, Denver was very fortunate to be playing Caleb Hanie instead of Jay Cutler. There's no way to slide around this fact.

How do you figure? I'm guessing your assumption is that Chicago would've handily won that game if Cutler had been playing. That is certainly one possibility. They get off to an early 14-0 or 21-3 lead, Denver never gets going offensively, and Chicago wins going away, sort of like that earlier Detroit game.

Of course, another possibility is that upon falling behind, Denver is forced to open up their playbook, and Tebow matches Cutler score for score, and it's anyone's game, as it happened in Minnesota. Or, Cutler goes back to his erratic ways, throws a couple of pick-6s, and Denver wins easily.

My point is, your obvious attempt to discredit the Denver victory is really baseless. The two teams played the game with the players they had, and Denver won. It was an inexplicable victory for sure, but definitely a total team effort. Tebow, Prater, and the defense all did their job in the last 2 minutes and OT.

foobar75

Master
****, that's a terrible Thursday night game.

as far as Pats-Broncos: yes, they can be run on but what will BB do? Danny is showing glimpses of greatness every time he touches the ball but he's been reduced to a backup role for no discernible reason. Green-Ellis and other scrubs can be stopped.
the game can very well be a shoot-out. Washington isn't exactly a high power offense and only a brain fart on Santana Moss's (not sure whether it was him) part stopped that possible Redskins game tying drive. a high scoring game is not out of the question. we need Decker to get more involved for Denver again, i don't know what is going on with him, but he's had more drops those last few games that I've seen from him, well, ever!

This is indeed the premier game of the weekend, and I think 80% of the country gets to see it. The Broncos have an excellent shot at winning this one. Brady and the high powered NE offense should do well against Denver, but their own D stinks, and I can easily see Tebow and Co having success both on the ground and in the air. A 31-27 type score is certainly a possibility. The lowly Redskins had a very good chance of beating NE, and even IND made it interesting 2 weeks ago. Add Tom Brady's history of struggle against Denver on the road, and this game could go either way.

I expect Gronk to be his usual monster self, and Welker should have another solid day. But I also don't expect Denver's WRs to keep dropping sure balls and TDs every week. My prediction is that we get a high-scoring affair and hopefully a Denver victory. This is pretty much the last remaining hurdle for Tebow to climb against whatever few detractors he's got left. He's already faced and beaten two very good defenses, and now it's one of the best offenses in the league coming to town.