NFL Blacker or Whiter?

G

Ok, has teh NFL gotten blacker or whiter in the past 5 years? I would
assume it has gotten blacker, but doesn't anyone know for sure?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I will look into the numbers when I get a better chance but I guarantee that it is blacker today than even around five years ago.The quarterback position has seen
a huge increase,more black offensive lineman,and more
black full backs.Even the Tightend position is going in
the other direction a little bit more.Add this all together and you have the scale tipping more & more in
the other direction.Someday soon,we may not see many more qb's like Manning,Brady,etc. What we need is a
group in Athletics like E.A.F.S. to stand up for the rights of Euro Ancestry Athletes that deserve to be able to play the game that they excell at.

cxt7

Guru
I'm finding articles that say start of 2004 season itis 70% black, in 2000 was around 60% black, if you do the math and take kickers and puntersout of there it would be about 85% black. It has gotten real bad real quick.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I respectfully disagree. I've been studying the racial makeup of the NFL (and college I-A) for quite a few years now and the racial composition of the league varies little from year to year. The great ethnic cleansing of whites took place in the mid-'80s, when white receivers and running backs were eliminated, and defenses suddenly became all or mostly all black. The NFL of today was put in place 20 years ago.

Dallas had an all-black offensive line when they won their three Super Bowls in the early '90s. So did the Steelers when Bill Cowher took over in '92. The Cowboys had only three white starters out of 22 in those years (Aikman, Johnston and Novacek). The die was already cast in the '80s.

I see the current situation as a standoff. Everything is tilted against whites, but they are holding their own at QB, TE, FB, the o-line, and defense. Of course the status quo is deplorable, but at least it isn't getting noticeably worse in my opinion. The WR purge is similar to the late '80s to mid-'90s, when Ricky Proehl was usually the only white starting wideout in the league. There have been almost no white running backs and cornerbacks since the mid-80s.

Think about it -- when was there last any Hall of Fame caliber white players in the NFL other than at quarterback? You have to go back 20+ years, which is when the present caste system was put in place.

cxt7

Guru
I agree with your point, but we have lost a lot of d-lineman and linebackers, (not middle but outside linebackers) I think the last star at another postition had to be steve largent who retired in 1989 his last great season was 1986. Largent was nota high draft pick 4th round and might have never got a chance to play but was on a expansion team.

G

The last great white running back is Washington Redskin John Riggins!
(I'm a skins fan) I looked at the top 20 rushers of all time, Riggins
is the only white on the list. Also the list of players with over 100
rushing tds, riggins is again the only white.

bjan

Going back to the late 50's and early 60's lmost all NFL players were white.The 60's was when most cultural policies were slowly fed into our society.Intergation,immigration, etc.The elitists who are behind these acts are not stupid,and they realize that sports are like religion in this country.

They just had to slowly introduce non whites into baseball and football and they knew that fans would not give up their love of these games, and would gradually embrace non white players. Basketball is included.

Even with the most criminal behavior ever,fans refuse to boycott!

IceSpeed2

Guru
I've got some sort of statistics from the always engaging Jon Entine
smiley18.gif
. Here is the site to check out the article. http://www.jonentine.com/reviews/PIBasketballFlipOfBaseball. htm

The article contains the text:

"The NFL, like the NBA, is a sport with a black
majority. Yet, according to Lapchick's most recent report card, the 65
percent black representation in the 2001 season was a four-year low.
And the league's feeder system - Division I college football - was 49.4
percent white and 42.1 percent black in 2000-01."

Hey, Entine ALMOST made a good, non anti-white remark. He said "The
influx of European white players in the NBA is going to open the eyes
of American white players," according to the article. However he
killed it when he said"Still, the white resurgence is greatly exaggerated because if you look
at all the NBA's big-name superstars right now, they're almost all
African Americans. It's not only an issue of race; it's an issue of
body types, because African Americans have a slight biogenetic
advantage over whites."

Also according to the article, whites now make up
nearly one quarter of the NBA and a majority of Div1 college football
players. With teams like Notre Dame and Florida State slumping
somewhat, whites are primed for more of an increase.

IceSpeed2

Guru
We could just do the math out and make a few adjustments from old Caste Football articles.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I don't think it has gotten whiter since 2001. If you look at the Caste Football archives on this site, you'll see that it hasn't gotten whiter since 2003 for sure. I don't know what 2001 was like, but I bet you had more white guys on rosters then than now.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Defenses have been overwhelmingly black for some time now, so little has changed there.

The influx of black quarterbacks has stayed about the same in the last few years, though not because of lack of effort to increase their numbers. When watching college football games involving I-A teams this fall notice how many start black QBs, especially the bigger name schools. Even Utah has one nowin place of Alex Smith. A rough estimate would be 40 percent, give or take.

Tight end and fullback are about the same, but fullback has rapidly evolved into a pure blocking position and many teams don't even bother with one a lot of the time.

The main racial dynamic taking place right now is that the offensive line is blackening. There are many teams with a majority of black linemen, when counting both starters and backups. And for all the whining that truckler from ESPN was doing about only one black starting center, there are a number of black backup centers. Several were high draft picks in April and won't be backups for long.

So overall the percentage of blacks continues to slowly increase. Whites are still holding off blacks at QB, but given how quickly many highly drafted white QBs are pronounced "busts" these days combined with the huge number of blacks starting at elite college programs, it's just a matter of time. . .

The good news is that whites continue to dominate as kickers, long snappers and holders.
smiley6.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You know very soon we won't even be kicking the ball anymore.With the huge influx of hispanics in this country,there so called natural kicking superiority will help them to displace one of the last white positions.It is enough to make me throw up.If we listened to everything we hear or read,most white men would just kill themselves.Too bad for them that they are wrong and the war has only begun.

JoeV

Guru
I don't know about a war, but kickers are always in the league for like 40 years, and the Gramatica brothers set the hispanic kicker movement back at least another 10 years.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I don't see that much of an influence from Mexican kickers anytime soon. They don't seem to be having such a great impact in college. I do think its sick that the O-lines are getting blacker. When they get mostly black, the days of seeing a decently played game will be over for good. What I'm curious to see is what all the guys who will tell you now that whites are the best at being QB's and O-Linemen will say when they are a clear minority in the game. I wonder if their tune will change with the color of the players on the field, or will they scratch their heads and wonder what happened?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good link, KJV1, and welcome to the board. There's no question that more and more black quarterbacks are going to be started in I-A until a lot more of them are competent to start in the NFL.

The 2005 racial breakdown of the NFL is now summarized on the Caste Football homepage.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Its ok to post about blacks wanting black quarterbacks and coaches in a
national newspaper. But we have a website here demadning whites
at running back, corner, and receiver, and we are labeled racist.
Its ridiculous