NFC Champions

Stonewall

Guru
Gentlemen:

I wanted to hear everyone's views on who they want to see represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. The vast majority of us are pulling for our white brothers on New England in the AFC, but the NFC is not as clear cut.

Let the discussion begin!!

guest301

Hall of Famer
I grew up in Dallas and lived most of my life there so I will be rooting for Dallas. Obviously there are plenty of caste reasons not to do so but I hang my hat on Romo, Witten, Pro bowl kicker Folk, lineman Columbo and Kosier and the forgotten Bobby Carpenter. After the Cowboys, I root for the Packers because of my favorite NFL player Favre, Hawk, Kampman and the majority white offensive line.Edited by: guest301

The Packers. I just can't stand the Cowboys and their Casteness. The Packers are one of the whitest and most likeable teams in the NFL.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
First of all, great topic Stonewall.
smiley32.gif

I would certainly say most of us here at CF are rooting for either the Packers or Saints (should they make it). Both teams have very white O-lines, with the Packers having 5 starters. Both start 3 whites on defense. The Saints have been starting 4 lately, however.

With Kampman, Popinga, and Hawk on the Packers and Shanle, Fujita, and Simeneau on the Saints now that DT Brian Young is out. Kevin Kaesvarharn has also started at CB this season for the Saints instead of Jason David (the worst starting corner I've seen in some time).

Also, the Saints have white TE Eric Johnson and huge FB Mike Karney, while the Packers only have one white skill player (FB/HB John Kuhn with Korey Hall injured).

I would say if either the Packers or Saints make it, I'd be pretty happy. Don't forget the Redskins, should they make it, now start 7. Reed Doughty and Chris Cooley are both very fun to watch!

I don't see much potential in the Seahawks, despite the fact that Kearney and Russell are both playing great this season! I just hate Holmgren too much...

SB prediction - Packers VS Patriots

G

The Packers would be better because they have more white players, but I expect them to lose pretty easily again to the Cowboys in Texas.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I'm not rooting for any NFC teams. Patriots or Indy all the way for me, and that's it. If I did root for an NFC team, it would be one I would like to see make it and get trashed by the AFC Champion. So I'll pick the Cowboys.
smiley36.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
it's slim pickings in the NFL. i wish Colts moved to NFC and played Pats for the trophy.
smiley1.gif

Lets analyze the possibilities....

1. Cowboys - Tony Romo will be turned into a "Hispanic" and the media will ejaculate over the story for 2 straight weeks.

2. Packers - Brett Favre will be the focus of the Super Bowl Story, and John Madden would utter the name "Brett Favre" for a world record 7,558,243 times during the broadcast of the game.

3. Seahawks - Media would probably focus all of the attention on the AFC participant with the Seahawks getting a very minor amount of press.

4. Buccaneers - A combination of 1 (insert Jeff Garcia for Tony Romo) and 3.

5. Giants - Somehow the media would find a way to downplay Eli Manning's contribution, while heaping praise on some Black RB (Jacobs or Ward) or WR (Burress or Toomer).

6. Redskins - God, I think I would have to turn off the game as it would turn into a beatification of Sean Taylor. The only saving grace here would be to see Collins lead the team where Campbell couldn't.

7. Vikings - As a lifelong Viking fan waiting for a Super Bowl victory since I was 5 years old, I would be crushed to see this years team (The one I have the least connection, interest in) win the Super Bowl. From an objective perspective, Tarvaris Jackson would have his hype taken to a level not seen since Kordell Stewart was the next Great Black Hope at the QB position.

8. Saints - Just when you thought the Katrina story was over... the media finds a tool to bring it back to the national forefront.

Taking all that into consideration, I'd take options 2, 3 or 8. None of the others particuarly appeal to me (Unless Romo or Garcia had the balls to speak out in the manner that Jessica Alba did, then they would become my new heroes).

Edited by: reclaimsocal

backrow

Hall of Famer
i don't think we're in much danger of 1. or 4. to be honest. Romo and especially Garcia's been white QBs to the media for a long time.

oh, and what did Jessica Alba do, reclaim?Edited by: backrow

Gave an interview in which she said was an American, not a Latina or some such. Pacino and someone else spoke up for it too.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Here's my opinion on who we should cheer for:

1. Packers - league high 10 white starters
2. Saints - 9 white starters including 4 on D
3. Giants - 7 or 8 white starters (but usually an all black D).
4. Redskins - 6-7 white starters.
5. Seahawks - 5 whites but that includes 3 on D.
6. Bucs - 5 starters including Rudd.
7. Vikings - 6 white starters but a (god-awful) black QB.
8. Cowboys - "America's team" has all of 4 white starters and an all-black D.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Nice breakdown, Liverlips!

I would like watching the Packers as much as the Patriots if they had a good white WR or TE, even.

Can you imagine how good Seattle would be if Jerehme Urban was back on the team and starting #1 or #2 WR this season? However, it's been great to see him at least somewhat succeed in ultra-caste Arizona. The Seahawks would be a really fun team to watch with Urban and if their OL was "whiter."

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah if Packers used Kuhn at least a little and had a good white receiver or tight end i would definitely root for them.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Witten is getting alot of acclaim lately as the NFL's best overall Tight End. So all would not be lost if the Cowboys go far. Witten is clearly Romo's favorite target, not T.O. I am hoping Fasano and Carpenter get more playing time in a largely meaningless game for the Cowboys against a motivated Redskins team tommorrow.

Matt_Bowen_Fan said:
Gave an interview in which she said was an American, not a Latina or some such. Pacino and someone else spoke up for it too.

Yeah, she basically denounced the attempts of the La Raza crowd to claim her as one of them, said she is an American and that she doesn't even speak spanish or feel connected to them. If more Europeans of Mexican nationality would refuse to identify with the militant "we were here first" mestizos, the less influence the aztlaners would have in dictating the "hispanic" agenda.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't like any of the NFC teams, justsome individual players.

I only count 7 white starters on the Saints -- Snow Patrol on D, Brees, Karney, Stinchcomb and the oft-injured Eric Johnson on O.

The Packers currently have Junius Coston listed as their starter at LG, giving them 8 white starters, 9 on the rare occasions when they use a FB.

Because this is the Year of the Injured Negro Player, theRedskins and other teamshave been forced to use some white "backups" as starters, but the pickings are still pretty slim. Not so much as even a backup white receiver on any of the teams, mainly some white defensive players to root for along with Witten, Cooleyand the white QBs.As with WhiteShogun, Indy vs. New England will be the Super Bowl for me again this season.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Don,

The Saints started 5 on offense and 4 on defense the three times I saw them this year. My number is taken by the introductions at the start of the games.

Same with the Packers. They had 10 starters introduced the three times I saw them on TV this year. 7 on offense and 3 on defense.

Last night, Indy started 9 whites.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, and Colts also played 6 whites on defense in the second half: Thomas, Klecko, Charleston on d-line, Boiman at LB and Condren/Giordano at safeties
smiley1.gif

add to that their offense with 4 white linemen, Manning, Clark, Gonzalez or Utecht and optional fullback in Lawton we could see mostly white team in Indy at some point during the playoffs.