next up for Klistschko and Maskaev?

referendum

Mentor
I know that Valuev is scheduled to fight in 3 weeks, but wondering when the other Russian champs will fight next.

white is right

Hall of Famer
It's up in the air about the unification fight. Really it's which conflicting interest will bribe Suliman with the bigger briefcase or numbered bank account deposit. In the past it's been Don King, and by the looks of the whining of Rappaport and Finkel, King has the ear of the corrupt WBC boss........
smiley11.gif

JD074

Master
Yeah, it looks like it'll be hard for Maskaev to get out of the fight with Peter or Toney. Klitschko's mandatory is Austin; I don't know if he can choose another fight before Austin or not; Klitschko/ Brock may have been that fight, I'm not sure. Anybody know?

My dream fight is Klitschko/ Briggs. Wlad's the top dog, and I want to see him beat a huge, hard-hitting fighter, especially a black one. Briggs it is.

Bunnyman

Guru
Sultan Ibragimov will fight Shannon Briggs for the WBO belt in February or March. The winner will likely fight Sergei Lyakhovich who is rumored to be fighting Evander Holyfield in March.

Klitschko-Maskaev will likely happen in March or April in Russia.

referendum

Mentor
What I like is that there are so many other white boxers now that when a black boxer wins a title, there is a swarm of Russians out to get that title back, like the case with Briggs.