New Monday Night Football Crew

JoeV

Guru
I don't mind Tirico and Kornheiser, but Theisman is a mistake. I never liked him on Sunday Night football to begin with. My only question is how are Kornheiser and Theismann going to coexist in the same booth? These two are both total loudmouths.

The Duke

That's what I was thinking too. Two motormouths in one booth. Sounds like a recipe for continued declining ratings to me for MNF.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It will never have the ratings it used to have, unless they get some real announcers in the booth, as opposed to talking heads. They need to have 1 entertaining character, but the other 2 need to be quality announcers.

I can't stand Theissman or any of the other dolts on that Sunday night broadcast. They're unwatchable.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Kornheiser is the biggest joke for any sportscasting, broadcasting, journalism or anything else associated with sports. The only reason whatsoever he's in such a high-profile position must be because of his ethnicity (it is the same as those who run the entire mass media including the world of sports). I was exposed daily to Kornheiser's ignorance at a place where I used to work and he was on the radio Monday through Friday in a morning time slot with espn radio. On a daily basis, for weeks and months on end, he was wrong about the following in all sports: scores of games, statistics, player rosters, players tenure with certain teams, who played which postion, who coached what teams, where pro coaches had coached in college, where players played in college and when, the scores of games at different times in the games (like the scores at the end of quarters, halftimes, innings, periods,) who the refs were, what conference college teams were in, what division or conference pro teams were in (football, basketball, hockey), who kicked the winning field goals, how much time was left in key situations, who caught a touchdown or winning catch, what year historic games occured in all sports, who coached in historic memorable games, final scores in playoffs, super bowls, conference championships, world series, stanley cup series, and on and on and on and on...
This twerp was constantly asking his co-hosts all sorts of questions throughout the broadcasts to bring him up to speed on the most basic facts and team information in the world of sports. It is absolutely incredible that this no-nothing, obnoxious, vile ignoramous is getting to be in the booth for MNF. There are a million or more people more qualified. I know ten year olds more knowledgeable than him. Another repulsive decision on the part of the purveyors of filth and bafoonary of network/cable TV.
smiley11.gif

bigunreal

Mentor
BeyondFedUp, I agree completely with you. Kornheiser not only is totally unknowledgable about sports (or anything else, for that matter), he almost seems to revel in his ignorance. Aside from his appalling lack of knowledge, he is physically repulsive to look at. You are right- there can be only one reason for his broadcasting career.

whiteCB

Master
I really don't even watch MNF anymore. Unless its the Browns playing or a team like the Rams or Titans. Which means I basically don't watch MNF and I'll use my time to do other things and not have to listen to the announcers crap.

foreverfree

Mentor
BFU, I'm a little embarrassed to say that I've never paid much attention to sportscasters' play by play rhetoric and their potential consequences.
smiley7.gif
And I hardly watch SportsCenter or listen to sports talk radio. And I hardly read the WaPo or its website. So I'm unfamiliar with Korny's rhetoric, therefore, I'll have to take your word for it.

OTOH I think Ms. Kolber sounds like a dignified punkette and is the main reason I don't watch ESPN's NFL 'casts. I'm talking about her voice.

JohnEdited by: foreverfree