NCAA Tournament

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
My hometown Pitt Panthers, #9 seed in the West, just lost to #8 Pacific, and I'm not the least bit unhappy with that result. With the Penguins not playing, Pitt has been receiving non-stop coverage in the local media. They are led by Carl Krauser, Chris Taft and Chevon Troutman. All three are lavishly praised for their "athleticism," but each is wildly inconsistent and play hard only when they feel like it, and sometimes they haven't felt like it even in important games.

Pictures were taken of them afterPitt's game at Syracuse, hanging out with sorority girls, drinking beer and flashing gang signs. The picturesended up on the Internet but the local media studiously ignored them, not wanting to disturb their carefully crafted false images.

These arrogant players even boasted that they were going to win the tournament, so good riddance. Pacific by the way played three white starters most of the game and played solidly at both ends of the court.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Despite being triple-teamed most of the game, Andrew Bogut had 24 of Utah's 60 points to go along with 11 rebounds to lead his team over UTEP. They play #3 Oklahoma next. Bogut looks like he may be the first pick in this year's NBA draft if he decides to go pro.

robcat

Guru
Gonzaga barely beat something called Winthrop.
smiley36.gif
Adam Morrison had a big game.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope Bogut does go first. My team is Duke this year and Gonzaga. Too bad Memphis didn't make it to the dance. What's the excuse this time Calipari?

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don, today was the first time I saw Bogut play, he is impressive. Caught the game as he was handling the ball andbringing it downthe floor. He looked so smooth and graceful I thought at firsta tall guard wasdribbling the ball until the announcer said it was Bogut.Somehowhe does not give methe impression of being a 7 footer.He'sveryfluid and handles the ball too well,would have sworn he was only 6' - 7 " at most.

He blocks shots, shootsand rebounds like a big man when playing low but can hit three's and move really well without the ball, he'squite deceptive. He's only a sophomore? You gotta be kidding me!

okra63

Guru
An all black Alabama got spanked today. They definitely were overlooking the white boys from the University of Wisconsin Milwaulke.

rob327

I always feel confused at this time of year. I want to win my office pool (my aunt's pool actually) but I want to see the white players play well.

Anyway, I had Texas playing in the championship game against Duke. Jason Klotz and Brad Buckman led the way for the longhorns. But they lost.

I cheered for the Nick Collison, Kirk Hinrich led Kansas team in '03. I had Wisconsin winning last year. I have Duke winning the first time.

I like Redick, Randolph, Melkeyowneee, (I sounded out his name) and I dislike blacks just as much as the next guy but Duke always recuirts normal behaving blacks. Shane Battier, and now Shelden Williams.

I want anyone to win except for UNC, (1 white on the team) and Illnoois. Altough if they win, Nick Smith will win. But as long as UNC doesnt win, I'm happy.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What a huge win by Vermont over Syracuse. Too bad for Gerry McNamara, whose shooting was way off, but otherwise this was awesome. Vermont starts a black guy born in the Cameroon, otherwise the other four starters are white along with all the reserves. Move over Gonzaga, make way for Vermont!

rob327

This is a great day for us. Gerry Mac has blackened so I dont count him. Hes black to him. the black guy and TJ Sorrentine carried the team to vixtory tonite.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't catch Bucknell's win over Kansas. What's the makeup of the team? Would imagine it's mostly if not all-white.

JD074

Master
That Vermont game was very exciting. Gerry Mac's woes
dampened it a bit of course. I would love to see how that jerk
Bob Ryan would react to that outcome.

Very disappointing loss by Gonzaga. They gave that one
away. Really surprised by Kansas's loss. I haven't seen the
highlights so I don't know what the team looks like, but a big
white guy knocked down a hook shot to win the game I believe.

bigunreal

Mentor
The Gonzaga loss to an all-black Texas Tech team, coached by the
obnoxious Bobby Knight, was very disappointing. However, it is
astonishing how quickly Gonzaga has "diversified" its team. They were
really lovable, and fundamentally sound, when their all-white team
shocked people in the tournament a few years ago. Their free-throw
shooting was horrible today, and that was in no small measure due to
the new racial makeup of their roster and the resultant predictable
drop in free-throw shooting ability. If they'd shot only decent at the
line, they'd have easily won.

Looking at Texas Tech's starting five it's easy to see now why Bob Knight hasn't received any bad press for a while. I like their football team a lot more than their basketball team!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well after tonight,West Virginia is one of my favorite
teams to watch.I didn't even know they played basketball
there since it is more of a football school.LOL.Mike
Gansey led the way with 29 points and 7 rebounds.They
also had as many as 4 whites playing solid minutes at
the same time.They will give Texas Tech all they can
handle.Wake Forest tried to intimidate them but to no
avail.Good job by the Mountaineers!It sucks about
Gonzaga.Morrison had 25 points and 9 rebounds but had
a winning shot bounce out.Like what was said above,if
they hit their free throws,they win the game.Utah
continues to impress.I want to see Andrew Bogut get
College Player of the Year and lead Utah to the final
championship game.Good luck to the Running Utes!

Kaptain

Master
Good observation bigunreal. If there ever was a year not to rout for Gonzaga it was this year. Only 2 white starters. Its no surprise that this is the first year that people actually picked them to do some damage in the tournament and they failed. I heard a black announcer actually say something to the effect that this is the first year Gonzaga would have a chance of winning. Gonzaga fell to the trend of establishing a great reputation with mostly white players and then ruining it by trying to get "more athletic". There used to be several teams in the tournament that were all white or nearly all white. I haven't seen one this year.

As for the all black Texas Tech beating Gonzaga, Knight is just a much better coach. I have watched about 3 or 4 of Gonzaga's games this year and have been unimpressed. The ball movement they once had is gone. Now they play like every other team and just bully the ball inside and hope for a foul.

speedster

Mentor
You guy's have made some good points here.This is for Kaptain Poop.What games were you unimpressed with? Was it Gonzaga's win over Washington,or maybe their win against Georgia Tech or possibly it was their win over Oklahoma State.I know what you are saying about trying to get the ball inside a lot but Gonzaga has some young 3pt shooters who were not ready to step in this year and one of their perimeter guys,Nathan Doudney tore his ACL earlier this year so the Zags' had to go with what worked and that is the inside game.Oddly enough Doudney is a Texas Tech transfer.Sean Mallon started the first half of the year so the Zags' had three white starters for a bit.Gonzaga is still a mostly white team as they only have three black players and one brown on the roster.Next year they have Josh Heytvelt coming in,he redshirted this year but the guy has some hops and I expect him to be a factor next year,maybe even starting in place over the departing Ronny Turiaf.With Doudney returning next year and David Pendgergraft having another year under his belt along with 7ft New Zealander Calum Mcleod looking for more playing time,the Zags' still have plenty of white content.On the negative side the diversity that bigunreal speaks of could be rearing it's ugly head in Gonzaga.Next years incoming freshman are all black and they are Jeremy Pargo whose a guard and his brother plays for the Bulls,Larry Gurganious also a guard and Centre Mamary Diallo.So it's possible the Zags' may want to get more "athletic" if you know what I mean.

swampscrapper

This Vermont Michigan State game should be interesting. We already saw
that during the Olympics it doesnt matter how 'athletic' your team is, that
it is teamwork strategy and heart that will win games.

Sorrentine is a star ..... a great looking pro prospect if you ask me. but
then again he probably wont have a shot in the racist NBA.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good points about Gonzaga guys. They have gotten blacker. They also got beat. Now I can only root for Duke and Vermont.

JD074

Master
Today is turning into a bad day. Florida lost, Vermont is on the
verge of losing, and UNC won. Our teams are going to drop
like flies unfortunately. On the bright side, they're taking out
some good teams before they go.

The one good thing about so many high schoolers going
straight to the NBA is that some white players get a little
bit
more attention than they would if the "almighty black
stars" had gone to college. If Lebron James, Amare
Stoudemire, and Carmelo Anthony were all in college right
now. White players like Andrew Bogut, JJ Redick, and Taylor
Coppenrath would be invisible.

It would also be interesting to see the reaction if a
white-friendly team won the championship. If a team like Utah,
Iowa, or Florida won the championship, there would probably
be a huge outcry from the media about the depleted talent
pool, and how we need to set an age limit in the NBA so that
the black stars will play college ball. The "discussion" would be
all over ESPN. It would be like Klitschko being the heavyweight
champion. Instead of getting more respect, there would simply
be more rationalizations for why we all need the "superior black
athlete." The media refuses to respect a sport or level of
competition that isn't dominated by blacks.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Good points, JD. Kaptain Poop really opened my eyes about Gonzaga. I hadn't put two and two together there as far as the sudden surge in respect.

David Lee is an extremely impressive player. He looks to have everything it takes to excel in the NBA. I wonder what negatives themedia "experts"will tag him with when it comes to the draft.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You touched on some good points.Although I think a guy
like Bogut and Reddick would still be stars.They are
both that good!I was really sad to see Florida get
beat.I love David Lee and he is finally reaching some
of his potential.Man can he jump out of the gym.He had
20 points and 10 rebounds in the loss.Look out nba,Lee
is coming!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
whitelightning is right, they can't ignore these guys forever without suffering for it. They will get a shot in the NBA and do well for themselves whether they are on a white friendly team, or on one that allows them to play only as a token. The point is they are out there getting good press and that will help our cause in the long run. I admit it would've been cool to see them all in the final four, but such is life.

JD074

Master
Bogut and Redick are finalists for the Naismith Award. Wayne
Simien and Chris Paul are their competition. I'm not sure who
will get this one. Simien's team got bounced in the first round,
Bogut plays in a supposedly weak conference, Redick is
supposedly "just a 3 point shooter," and Chris Paul the
"ball-buster" and his Wake Forest team were a disappointment
down the stretch. My guess is Paul, but who knows. Edited by: JD074

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You have to give it to Bogut despite the fact that he is