NCAA Tournament Round 1

emt1

Guru
gonzaga lost too......what the f*ck......looks like the elite 8 is going to look like an naacp convention
smiley7.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Gentleman we took alot of steps this season in proving white athletes and white dominated teams can play at a high level..I am afraid we took a step back tonight..the struggle continues
smiley24.gif
Edited by: guest301

Kaptain

Master
WTF !!!!
smiley35.gif
smiley35.gif
smiley35.gif
smiley35.gif
smiley35.gif
smiley35.gif
smiley35.gif

This is the worst day for since I've been on this site.
Duke loses, WV loses on a deperation 3 (just like Iowa), and now the Gonzaga choke! What the hell was Batista doing?! He got double teamed and looked right at a wide open Ravio and decided to hang on to the ball??? Stupid! Stupid!Stupid!Stupid!Stupid!Stupid!

At least it made the black announcer happy. yippee.
The tournament is over now.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I am proud of WV's effort but Duke and Gonzaga choked tonight..I love them but Poop is right ..they choked..the Zags more than Duke..because LSU probably deserved to win the game but not UCLA.

Kaptain

Master
On another note, this has been the year of the conspiracy theory - and we just heard announcers calling for more fouls to be called against Gonzaga. Why? I never hear announcers say that about predominantly black teams. Here are the foul numbers for tonights games and you decide what kind of "conspiracy theory exists":

Free Throws:

LSU = 23
Duke = 16

WV = 8
Texas = 20

Gonzaga = 26
UCLA = 30

All three games were very close. It's safe to say that if each team had shot the same amount of free throws all three of our teams would have won. Food for thought.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Maybe Wichita State will upset George Mason tomorrow and help us ease our minds. After tonight, I feel like I have been stepped on, repeatedly.
smiley18.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I can't believe what happened tonight!The thing that makes March Madness the best sporting event is also a bad thing sometimes.The best teams do not win alot in a 1 game/do or die situation.It caught up to three very talented teams.I feel the worst for Duke with Reddick never tasting a national championship.What a shame.Here's to him having a great nba career.

On a bright note,I almost guarantee that this will make Adam Morrison come back for his senior year!He just loves college and wants to help the Zags get to at least a Final Four.So close but they choked.I want Morrison to come back and team up with Micah Downs next season.

As for West Virginia,it was heartbreaking.They are such a good team.Gansey & Pittsnoggle are men among boys.What a way to lose.That one might have hurt the worst of all of the games.Hopefully they can reload and make another run next year.

speedster

Mentor
Well,there was no gravy this time around.What a totally depressing night,I'm trying to think of something to post but I have nothing to say,you guys have said it as well as I could and better so I'll just leave with saying this,what is the friggin' point to it all.

joshinva

I can't freakin' believe this! This is a dagger in the heart, really.

Do you think with as much attention as the Houston Astros got last year during the MLB playoffs,the NCAA will get the same now with their complete lack of any players of a certain characteristic???

I literally can't believe what happened last night. I went to George Mason too, but I am going for Wichita State, but it really doesn't matter anymore. I haven't watched as much basketball for a long time as I did last night. Now, I just don't care. I guess as long as the Big East doesn't win that's a good thing, but that won't keep my attention.

When do the hockey playoffs start?

guest301

Hall of Famer
Hockey playoffs start in 3 weeks.

Poacher

Mentor
God this is a nightmare. Please wake me up.

Thoughts on what I will officially designate as BLACK THURSDAY:

Duke lost that game in the first half, not the second. Errant passes, bad decisions, etc...etc....and that 14% shooting number.

I feel bad for Redick. No doubt the Caste system afro-philes will rub salt in the wound by saying he should drop in the draft because of this one game. They can go eff themselves.

I got so sick of listening to Bilas (?) talk about how "athletic" LSU was that I watched nearly the entire second half on MUTE choosing to provide my own commentary.

Morrison plays with such emotion. He's got to learn to take it a little easier on himself. Felt so bad for him with jabbering morons running all around.

It was a baaad night for us. But what to do? Move on and look forward to next season I guess.

Coach K will be coaching the Olympic team. It'll be great to see Redick and Morrison on the same team. I'm pretty sure he'll take both of them. Can't wait!Edited by: Poacher

guest301

Hall of Famer
Black Thursday..
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
I hope you are right about Redick and Morrison being on our Olympic Team.

JD074

Master
Talk about a nightmare scenario. I hate to say I told you so... seriously, I hate it. I knew this would happen, but not this way! Unbelievable. There's no doubt that plenty of people have noticed how all the "white" teams have been bounced. All that's left is Caste teams. White teams flat out don't get the job done in the NCAA tournament. That's just the way it is. Occasionally teams like Gonzaga, Kansas, and Oregon will break through for a brief moment, but it's just not enough. We need VICTORIES.

The Duke game was particularly egregious because of the way Redick played, and the fact that a tall, long-limbed, athletic black athlete (Thomas) dominated the white Duke players so thoroughly. Redick and McRoberts must have gotten blocked at least 7 or 8 times between them. It was an embarrassment. Thomas is the reason the Caste System exists. Every time a player like him beats down white players, it's a strike against us.

Kudos to Morrison, Pittsnoggle, and Gansey for good games... even if it wasn't enough.

And I agree about Batista. Raivio is one of the best free throw shooters in the country. How did Batista not see him? Geez.

I won't be watching the rest of the tourney. I would like to see Uconn get beat. That's about it. Edited by: JD074

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
JD074 said:
Kudos to Morrison, Pittsnoggle, and Gansey for good games... even if it wasn't enough.

Don't forget about Herber. He had a nice game, too. Duke and Gonzaga had bad losses, but West Virginia has nothing to apologize for.

bigunreal

Mentor
JDO74,

You echo my sentiments exactly. The psychological impact of what happened on "Black Thursday" (perfect description) is enormous. The memory of Redick getting stuffed, and missing almost all his shots, while being smothered by a no-name black defender, will be ingrained into the minds of many, many youngsters of all races. Likewise the pathetic image of Morrison down on his knees, in tears, while the victorious blacks whoop it up all around him. I love Morrison-he is a truly inspirational kid-but can you imagine any black star athlete ever crying like that in defeat? Of course, maybe they would, but the system seems to somehow always ensure that those black stars win. Needless to say, such images are not going to make the already soft white youngsters any more confident, or the already absurdly proud and arrogant young blacks any less confident. Like you, I knew this would happen, but watched it all nonetheless. The question we have to ask is; WHY does this always happen? As I said in another post, either these games are all fixed or white players simply do choke in the clutch. When the nation's top college player can be completely shut down by a mediocre no-name, something is either wrong with that star player or the game itself is scripted that way. Until yesterday, I was actually starting to think that things were turning around in basketball, at least. So many teams in this tournament had white-friendly rosters. They are all gone. The teams that are left are practically white-free. This makes us all here at Caste Football very sad. However, what is more significant is that, in Don King's America, it makes almost all the fans, and every sports "journalist," very happy.

KG2422

Mentor
The World Basketball Championship is this summer. Hopefully an all White team will win for the third time in a row over a six year period (including the 2004 olympics). Don't get so discouraged. You win some you lose some. Our people are winning much more than we were 10 years ago. Things are changing for the better despite the battle that was lost yesterday. It's not over.

KG2422

Mentor
bigunreal said:
JDO74,

You echo my sentiments exactly. The psychological impact of what happened on "Black Thursday" (perfect description) is enormous. The memory of Redick getting stuffed, and missing almost all his shots, while being smothered by a no-name black defender, will be ingrained into the minds of many, many youngsters of all races. Likewise the pathetic image of Morrison down on his knees, in tears, while the victorious blacks whoop it up all around him. I love Morrison-he is a truly inspirational kid-but can you imagine any black star athlete ever crying like that in defeat? Of course, maybe they would, but the system seems to somehow always ensure that those black stars win. Needless to say, such images are not going to make the already soft white youngsters any more confident, or the already absurdly proud and arrogant young blacks any less confident. Like you, I knew this would happen, but watched it all nonetheless. The question we have to ask is; WHY does this always happen? As I said in another post, either these games are all fixed or white players simply do choke in the clutch. When the nation's top college player can be completely shut down by a mediocre no-name, something is either wrong with that star player or the game itself is scripted that way. Until yesterday, I was actually starting to think that things were turning around in basketball, at least. So many teams in this tournament had white-friendly rosters. They are all gone. The teams that are left are practically white-free. This makes us all here at Caste Football very sad. However, what is more significant is that, in Don King's America, it makes almost all the fans, and every sports "journalist," very happy.

Redick had a bad day. It happens. He didn't look like hisself. That doesn't mean he's going to play that way from now on. He was double teamed on the perimeter and held and fouled all game long with no calls being made. It was ridiculous. His mistake was taking bad shots. LSU was leaving Dockery and Nelson open all night. Nelson only sank one three. If those guys would have been able to hit open jumpers it would have freed things up for J.J. I think they're crying only shows their youth and the amount of work they've put into their college careers. Some say, "Blacks wouldn't cry like that". Since when did we try to model our behavior after Blacks?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
bigunreal said:
I love Morrison-he is a truly inspirational kid-but can you imagine any black star athlete ever crying like that in defeat?

I wasn't able to watch any of the Duke game and I don't doubt anything that has been said here by bigunreal and others about it being a disaster, but shots of black athletes lying on the field/floor crying after both big wins and big losses is a staple of televised basketball and football games.

I'd like to think the domination of college basketball by Redick and Morrison and the many other excellent white players this year like freshmen McRoberts and Hansbrough made this the best year in college BB for whites in quite some time.

hedgehog

Mentor
Regarding Morrison and his crying escapade. Yes, it looked pathetic, but I did see something more pathetic once about ten years ago. Chris Webber and the fab 5, after losing (to Duke I believe) in a final four game, raised his arm and index finger in the air-giving the "were #1 signal"

guest301

Hall of Famer
No athlete crying on a field, court or diamond after a elimination playoff game is pathetic. If that athlete busted his ass all game and season to get to a championship only to lose in heartbreaking fashion is entitled to shed a tear or two. I have certainly seen plenty of black players doing it. It's called passion and heart..it's not a weakness..it's not like Redick and Morrison do that all the time. Don't forget that their college careers ended last night(Morrison?) and that had something to do with it too. What's pathetic is the choke job by the rest of his Zag teammates and a coach who played conservative once again just because he had a big lead in the game. Do all the things you were doing to get that big lead. Duh!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Washington started two whites tonight,platinum blond Jenson and McDonald's all american Jon Brockman who needs prayer to overcome his phobia about actually taking a shot
smiley36.gif
The first sub off the bench is a curly blond haired point guard with the last name of Appleby. So we still have some sort of a team to root for. Washinton leads UConn at the half 45-40.

guest301

Hall of Famer
He's white KJV1. His skin is not platinum.it's lily white..never having seen the sun. Laughing with you and not at you KJV1
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Think of the World Champs and the Olympics guys.Yes this is a set back but we have made alot of progress.This was one of the most enjoyable years ever in college basketball.Don't forget,Bobby Hurley and Christian Laettner led Duke to back to back Nat'l Championships.There have been teams with alot of whites that have won it all.It was a bad night but a great year overall!
smiley32.gif