NBA Draft

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The first mock I've seen is currently on ESPN Insider. There are just six whites out of 30 picks in the first round, more like the NFL draft than recent NBA drafts. Three of the whites are Americans.

Bargnani the 20 year old Italian is the projected first overall pick. If he does go to Toronto that would be a shocker as the Raptors have consistently been as black as any team in the league.

Morrison is projected as third, to Charlotte. Redick is 8th, Tiago Splitter of Brazil is 18th, Aaron Gray the junior from Pitt is 24th, and Olexsiy Pecherov of Ukraine is listed as the last pick of the first round.

I hope Gray does go that high. The white fans that follow Pitt have been ridiculing him ever since he slumped in the Big East playoffs. Would be great to see this late bloomer go on to have a successful pro career. Hopefully more white players will go in the first round than just six.

KG2422

Mentor
I'd like to see Reddick fall to Utah. They've needed a shooting guard since Jeff Hornacek retired. Harpring is a good player, but he is more suited for the small forward position or sixth man.

There are several white players who definatly deserve to be drafted in the first round...

Pittsnoggle
Gansey
Augustine
Fernandez (spain)
MacNamarah
Paul
Novack
Frazekas

And of course the six that you mentioned. Lots of miss spellings here, I know. Any others who should be drafted??

sunshine

Mentor
I have seen Fernandez and Gansey in the first round at another site . Not sure Splitter is in this draft. Bargnani is an excellent athlete but I hope he does not go to Toronto. Too many players who play the same position. Bargnani, who I have seen play briefly a while back, is a better athlete than Darko and should become a much better player.

white tornado

Mentor
Predraft Measurement Breakdown

By Aran Smith
6/19/06

Draft Buzz

Saer Sene
Official Player Measurements
2005 Measurements

With basketball, length is obviously an extremely important factor. A player's ability to get to the rim easily, block shots and grab rebounds as well as close passing lanes can be the difference of inches. Here's a look at some of the winners and losers from the measurements released by the league. (Keep in mind NBA players official measurements are with shoes on.)

Condors:

Here is a look at players who have the greatest wingspan in relation to their heights (without shoes):

Senegal bigman Saer Sene's whopping 7'8.5 wingspan is 10.3% greater than his 6'11" height.

Allen Ray has the highest discrepancy for a guard with a 6'8.5" wingspan, which is 10.3% greater than his 6'1" height.

Ray has the size of a player 2-3 inches bigger. For instance, Ray's standing reach (8'3.5") is 2 inches greater than 6'4" JJ Redick's (8'1.5").

Eric Hicks measured 6'4"75 without shoes on, which seems far too short for a power forward. But last year his teammate Jason Maxiell measured just 6'5" without shoes on and turned a strong predraft camp performance into a late first round selection.

Hicks (7'1".5) wingspan is 10.2% greater than his height (6'4.75")and a 8'9".5 standing reach. (which is an inch and a half more than Shelden WIlliams' 8'8" standing reach).

Like Maxiell, Hicks is a tough nosed warrior and his huge wingspan helps to make up for his lack of height. (Maxiell's is 7'3".5).

Eric Williams and Shelden Williams have virtually the same dimensions (Shelden: 6'7.5" and a 7'4.25" wing) to (Eric: 6'7.25 and 7'4.25" wing), but somehow Eric has a 2.5 inch standing reach (8'10.5") advantage. Shelden Williams' (8'8") standing reach seems very low. Either it's a product of a very long neck, or the standing reach measurement was off.

Eric Williams' 9 inch wingspan differential is 10.2% greater than his height.

Shelden Williams' wingspan is 9.92 % greater than his height.

Will Blalock's 6'6" wingspan, which is 9.9% greater than his 5'11.25" height.

Marco Killingsworth's 7'3"wingspan is 9.8% greater than his 6'5.5"height.

Rudy Gay's immense 7'3" wingspan is 9.2% greater than his 6'7" height.

Tyrus Thomas 7'3" wingspan is 8.9% greater than his 6'7.25 height, but his standing reach is actually .5" greater than Gay's.

Renaldo Balkman registered a 7'1" wingspan 9.1% greater than his 6'5.25" height.

Patrick O'Bryant registered a 7'5.75" wingspan 7.5% greater than his 6'11" height.

Other players registering impressive wingspans included: LaMarcus Aldridge (7'4.75"), Hilton Armstrong (7'4") Solomon Jones (7'4.75"), Shawne Williams (7'3") Antwayne Robinson (7'2.5"), Paul Millsap (7'1.25"), Ronnie Brewer (6'11.25")

T-Rexes

Out of all the players measured, JJ Redick was the only one to measure a wingspan (6'3.25) lower than his height (6'4"). Redick's wingspan is 1% smaller than his height.

Gerry McNamarra's 6'0.75" wingspan is just 1.4% greater than his 5'11.75" height.

Steve Novak registered a 6'9.5" wingspan, 1.8% greater than his 6'8" height.

Jordan Farmar registered a 6'3" wingspan, 3% greater than his 6'0.75" height.

Brandon Roy registered a a 6'8" wingspan, 3.6% greater than his 6'5.25" height.

Having long arms is important in basketball. The players with short wingspans are white or light skined blacks.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Aaron Gray decided to return to Pitt for his senior season. That's one less potential white American player for the first round. Who knows, the way he's improved each season by next year he could be a lottery pick.

sunshine

Mentor
I am watching the draft preview last night and Dan Patrick says coming up A. Bargnani--"he is more athletic than you think." The Fran Fracsilla says the same thing later. Ponder this. More athletic than you think--who out there is thinking--in otherwords most everyone knows nothing about Barganani beyond that he is Italian--white. So Dan fruitcake Patrick--the same guy who couldn't understand why some whites were upset over fisher DeBerry's moron comments--is basically talking in not too sublte codewords--ie whites are not athletic. And Jay Bilas says barganani might be a very good player---as they bwould say in italy--SHUDDA UPP A YOUR FACE
The draft tonight will be ultra annoying I am sure. That clown Aran Smith from nbadraft.net couldn't wait to list all the athletic studs of the draft--all black of course acc to him--but I will likely want to do three things after watching the pseudo homo swooning about black athletes during the NBA draft
1) puke
2) kick the TV
3) punch one of the swooners

G

I will watch because I want to see where all the whites get drafted. I want to see Morrison and Reddick go to places where they can suceed. I really hope Morrison ends up in Boston and Reddick somewhere on the east coast.

sunshine

Mentor
The Kings might draft Sergio Rodriguez at pg. Which is ironic since he is compared to Jason Williams. Also another white riser is England's Joel Freeland. Excellent hops for front court guy. Looks to go in first rd too.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mike Gansey and Kevin Pittsnogle of WVU both have a chance of being drafted late in the first round but more likely will go in the second round. A WVU player hasn't been a first round pick since 1968.

According to Chris Ekstrand, who is another of the media's mysteriously annointed "draft experts," Gansey is a "throwback type of player" who "has enough athleticism to play in the NBA." Translation:Despite thehandicapof being white Gansey has game.

Dick Vitale needs to shut up about the draft, he's such a schill for college
basketball. Yes, Dick, the Italian kid could be a bust ... and no college
player has ever been a bust?

JD074

Master
smiley36.gif
Pseudo homo swooning, that was great!
smiley32.gif

bigunreal

Mentor
Any thought that Boston would draft Adam Morrison and we'd get to relive the glorious Bird era was quashed when all- black Charlotte took him. That will be quite an adjustment for Morrison to make, going from playing with an almost all white group at Gonzaga to trying to "live up to his billing" and contract with the selfish thugs that litter Charlotte's roster. But then, any thought that Boston would start giving white players a chance again under the guidance of Danny Ainge went out the window when they unloaded their two token whites (LaFrentz and poor Dan Dickau, who will never get a chance to show his stuff) in a draft day trade. Considering how black-friendly Bird has been in Inidana, and how Ainge appears even less likely to give white players a chance in Boston, what does this say about any of these ex-jocks? If the last white NBA superstar, or one of his many talented white sidekicks during their great run with the Celtics, won't give white players a chance, who will? Hey, maybe Alan Iverson and Latrell Sprewell will become general managers after they retire. Even those despicable clowns couldn't field teams with many less players than Ainge or Bird.

I hope that Morrison plays his Nirvana music in the locker room. Morrison is representative of white america in so many ways. You have got to love this way. He will never act black. He knows who and what he is and the people will love him for it.

On a side not. Notice that only two American whites were drafted in the first round. Along with 4 Euro's. Apparently you have got to be the first or second best college basketball player to get drafted; if your white. They were drafted 3rd and 11th, respectable.

Even with the success that Morrison and Reddick had in college Stephen A. Smith made sure to blast Charlotte for drafting Morrison. His contention was that there were four or five other players in this draft who were better then him. Unbelieveable.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
OC football said:
Apparently you have got to be the first or second best college basketball player to get drafted; if your white.

That's pretty much how the NFL Draft works too. A couple white quarterbacks and one or two other white players usually go in the first half of the first round, while the second half tends to be a sea of black.

The NBA is clearly trying to keep the Euro influx within certain limits. Or are we to believe that all of a sudden there are far fewer Europeans being developed? Given how fortified the Caste System is in football, it's amazing that basketball relented for a few years before backtracking. As time goes on we may look back inwonder that the NBA Draft was nearly half white for a couple years in the early '00s. The fact that the poor treatment of white Americans hasn't changed when it comes to recruitment and development at the college level is solid evidence that the NBA doesn't intend to lose its overwhelming "chocolate" flavor any time soon.

Who exactly are the thugs on Charlotte's roster? NCAA Champions like
May, Felton and Okafur?

Off the court, Morrison is a horrible representative of the white race. He
spews middle school Marxism and listens to Rage Against the Machine, a
multi-racial, anti-American band.

JoeV

Guru
Rage did their political activist crap, but noone really listened to that part of it, because they rock something fierce.

G

I could of sworn McNamara would have gotten drafted and I can't believe he didn't. Alot of the talk seemed to be about defense and Mcnamara held the syracuse record for steals yet he was knocked on his defense. When he single handedly willed his team in the big east tourney against the thugs of UCONN who sent 4 to the NBA..shouldn't that tell these idiot personnel people something. I mean if one white guy pretty much leads a team of underclassmen to beat basically an NBA team that should count for something. If he was black and did that he would of been a first rounder for sure.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty amazing that guys like McNamara, Gansey and Pittsnogle weren't drafted, yet five players from UConn were!!!
smiley21.gif

bigunreal

Mentor
I heard the obnoxious Dicky V. on ESPN this morning. He was lamenting the fact that teams need to "give our own kids a chance," in response to the European players drafted. Did this idiot even watch the draft? I would agree with him that we need to give "our own kind" a chance, if that kind happens to look like McNamara, Gancy and Pittsnogle.

whiteCB

Master
McNamara not getting drafted is another complete example of b.s. Meanwhile a guy like Daniel Gibson was only 3rd team Big 12, meaning he's only the 3rd best PG in his conference, not the country, and he gets drafted. A completely bad offensive player like South Carloina's Rolando Blackmon gets drafted 20th! and a guy like Gansey just gets ignored. I'm really getting fed up with pro sports(NFL/NBA). Go college athletics!

Impi

Although I am a fringe fan of the NBA, I did happen to watch the
majority of the draft on television the other night. It almost
seemed like every description given by the commentators (based on
ethnicity) either spoke of "wingspan" (black players) "freaky
athletism"(black players) or "knowledge of the game" (white
players). I was just happy that Greg Anthony was able to be
somewhat of a voice of reason as the other announcers continued to give
their "insightful analysis" of the draft.

The snubbing of Pittsnogle and Gansey was a huge surprise to me.
The most important skill missing in today's NBA is the ability to shoot
the basketball. I never realized the sad state of shooting the
ball until I watch the last Olympic team stink it up for the majority
of the tournament. As I watched, I figured it all out.
Towards the end of the game the announcer said "After this contest,
please stay tuned for the And 1 Tour". I just wondered aloud
"Didn't I just watch that garbage as the US lost another game?"

I have been reading posts on this site for several months now, and have
mixed feelings about the issues that are brought forth. As a
black man (probably will be called a troll or other cute pet names) I
can certainly understand why there is anger in the white
community directed towards both sports and the media. I do
believe that somewhere in this great country there is an athletic white
basketball player, or heaven forbid a white running back or cornerback
that can play on the greatest stage of all. I do agree that
media stereotyping has hindered the ability of white athletes to
develop in this country.

On the other hand I do not agree with the sentiment from this site
that blacks are the media darling many people here believe we
are. When I see lower class values passed off as mainstream
"blackness" that makes me sick. That "ghetto mentality" does not
exist in my life, or the lives of those I associate with. That is
a statement true for most blacks, but you will never hear it because it
is not cool according to the media's belief system.

I'm sorry to ramble, but I have just a bit left to complete. To
solidify this media glorification of the gangsta lifestyle I read a
post that stated that Morrison was going to be on a roster full of
ghetto thugs in Charlotte. If Okafor, and May are high
character, intelligent men but to many of the members of this site they
are still ghetto thugs.

To conclude, I am not trying to gain acceptance, or change anyone's way
of thinking. You may see this as liberal rhetoric but this world
would be a happier and better place if one's true character was the
foundation of our perceptions.

JoeV

Guru
If Okafor, and May are high character, intelligent men but to many of the members of this site they are still ghetto thugs.
Some people I do find seem to post without regards to actually how the person carries themselves. Okafor was one of my favorite college b-ball players a couple of years ago when at UConn, and was a tremendous student-athlete. You are going to get a certain across the board hatred of blacks by some people on a message board such as this, much like on a black athletics message board there would be some members who across the board hate whites.