Nate McCage of UTEP

Bronk

Mentor
Want to give you fellers a heads-up on Nate McCage (6'-4" 265), redshirt freshman center for the Miners.

He has worked himself into the two-deep this year behind starter Robbie Felix. No small feat for a kid as young as him on a line that is as good as UTEP's. He should be a good one a one to watch for the future. Great work ethic and a very agressive blocker.

The fact that he is my nephew has not colored my judgement of his talent
smiley17.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I wish your nephew all the best, and apparently he is talented also so he should do well. Center, Punter and Kicker are truly the only fairly evaluated positions for whites left. I don't know maybe if your nephew makes the NFL, he could start talking about the issue of blatant racism in that league since his uncle is a valued Caste Football poster. It might not be smart though, as it could ruin his career.

Bronk

Mentor
Thanks, Tough. Nate is a great kid. He was recruited by some good teams, including a Big 12 school that came after him strong down the stretch but he gave the UTEP coaches an early commitment and stuck by it despite some pressure to switch. I doubt he'll go NFL, though I should never really doubt the kid, but he wants to be a football coach. Maybe he can make a difference there.

whiteCB

Master
Bronk said:
Thanks, Tough. Nate is a great kid. He was recruited by some good teams, including a Big 12 school that came after him strong down the stretch but he gave the UTEP coaches an early commitment and stuck by it despite some pressure to switch. I doubt he'll go NFL, though I should never really doubt the kid, but he wants to be a football coach. Maybe he can make a difference there.

He can most certainly make a difference in the caste system coaching probably more than playing. For the simple fact that a coaching career can last decades as opposed to a playing career. Also be could one day become a head coach and go out and get a staff underneath him that judges and evaluates players fairly at ALL POSITIONS regardless of race. You should definitely push your nephew into coaching and give him a heads up on the bullsh*t recruiting that goes on with white skill position players.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I agree, I want to see your nephew as a college coach, but he might have to tight rope the line a little bit. For instance recruiting 80% white at WR, 70% white at RB, and 60% white or so at CB (as college coaches should with all the white talent throughout the country and the lack of enough talented blacks to go around for the entire division IA) would probably get him fired.

If I were him and made college head coach, I would start by finding 2 or so white gems at RB and CB that had few or no offers, that clearly could become Division IA starters if evaluated fairly. For instance at RB ie. Cory McCaffrey, Jordan Roberts, Brock Jacloski. Or Rex Burkhead, Brock Fitzhenry & Hunter Furr (who have been recruited mostly for other positions) etc. etc.

And I would also sign 3 or 4 talented white WRs every year b/c that position wouldn't cause as much of a stir. That is what I would recommend to a new coach that knows about the caste system>>> to start off moderately until you make a big name for yourself if you don't want to get fired.

ToughJ.Riggins said:
And I would also sign 3 or 4 talented white WRs every year b/c that position wouldn't cause as much of a stir. That is what I would recommend to a new coach that knows about the caste system>>> to start off moderately until you make a big name for yourself if you don't want to get fired.

Very good points Tough J., I would like to add to that what school you're at makes a difference too. If someone became head coach at Ole Miss and all of a sudden started recruiting whites fairly, kicking off black players as the situations warrented, etc. yes they would be blamed for racism, even if they were winning.

A school like the USAFA they can and do recruit almost all whites at nearly every position.

Also, you could be more fair at lower tier D1 FBS schools like Miami U. I think a school like BC, Ohio State or UCLA could have the biggest impact, because it wouldn't be such a stir to get white skill players, but if done right you could really turn the tables in 4-6 years.

I'm a believer that if a team with 16 white starters won the national championship, there would be some minor accusations of racism, even in mainstream media. But those accusations would be for the most part not-credible, because people would say "look, they won the national championship, and even had a few black players!"

The only thing is that probably nobody would point out the hypocrisy of the accusers, as they don't say anything when a team with 16 blacks wins the NC.

White Power

Mentor
I wish your nephew the best of luck at least he made it onto a college roster. Their are far too many white talented player past over for many racist reasons that many have to walk on or play D2 or even D3 just to keep the dream alive.