My take on this site

The thing is, since Canadian ball is not really even close to US college ball, the records he set in Canada may not translate to much in NFL. Edited by: hollywoodnorth

Hey does anyone know anything about Nick Goings? He started a few games for Carolina last year and did well. I think he's a FB/TB hybrid.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mike Tice is an idiot.I don't like the way he treats his
white players.He reminds me alot of other coaches around
the nfl.It's funny but the black coaches sometimes will
play the white guys more than the white coaches.The
exception to this rule is Dennis Green.He is horrible
and never gave Kevin Kasper a chance.When asked about
Brock Forsey and white running backs,he just said no
comment as he lauged.Anyways,hopefully slowly we will
continue to see some progress like we are seeing in
the nba.We need to support these guys.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Goings is a light-skinned black. The Panthers have Brad Hoover, a very good college tailback who has done well when Carolina has been "forced," because of injuries, to use him at running back rather than his usual assigned role of blocking fullback.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Man,I still wish Luke Staley would give it one more shot.
To walk away from the game with that kind of talent.It
just goes to show how bad the Caste System is.It must
of really left a bad taste in his mouth.He could have
been a Pro Bowl Running Back.I 100% believe that.Many
guys have struggled with injuries and came back to be
stars.He was just really starting to hit his stride
when the Lions cut him.Then not one team showed any
interest.It just pisses me off.I even have his college
jersey.He was that good!He is about 25/26 so it is still
not too late but no team is interested.What a joke.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree.Look at John Standeford.He is the Big Tens All
Time Leading Receiver ever!He set every record at Purdue
that a receiver could.He didn't even get drafted.He did
sign as a free agent with the Colts.It is looking like
he might get beyond the practice squad this year in his
second season.I sure hope so.He is 6'4 with good hands.
Here is a link to a article about him.

http://colts.scout.com/2/382695.html

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Man, I didn't even know about Standeford. I hope he gets a roster spot too. I guess we'll get to see him in the preseason at least?

Bart

Hall of Famer
Hollywoodnorth,you've written some lengthy posts and touch on a a few topics concerning race, genetics and culture.

The scientific evidence for differences in race exists but again, we are mostly the same and with similar possibilities. I bet you could take an African from the backwoods of Zimbabwe and teach him how to act and integrate in American society (with proper guidance). His adaptive capacity is there, just like any white or asian, no matter what cultural differences exist between our worlds.

In my opinion, this is where you and other (perhaps) well intentioned people have made a grievous errorwhich hascreated untold harm to our families and people. It's interesting to me that you use for an example, an African from Zimbabwe of all places ! I suggest to those reading this post to research the history of Zimbabwe, formerly Rhodesia and find out why or how it could have turned from a Paradise to a bloody cess-pool. Let me give you a clue, it has to do with who controls the country, whites or blacks. Yes, an individual black may or may not comform to our culture while under the authority and tutelage of whites. So what, this proves nothing. History has shown us countless times, that left to their own designs, Africans revert back to their genetic blueprint.It is wishful thinking to believe the primary causes are cultural or environmental.

I have friends who breed dogs, they tell me of thevariousphysical and temperamental traits each breed exhibits. Ah yes, but don't we know that they are very close genetically? A dog is a dog, right? Watch a Border Collie in action, trying to stare down a sheep. It is fascinating to me how they herd other animals. Yes, some training is involved but they are GENETICALLY pre-disposed to behave in that manner.Would you rather train a German Shepherd for police work over a Golden Retriever or Irish Setter ... I think not.

You also speak of adaptation. Do you really believe a group of whites living in Africa over thousands of years would develop a black skin and culture? Or would a group of Bantu's living in Canada develop white skin due to -adaptation?

White folks have lived in Africa for hundreds of years without a changein their pigmentation. If they remained for another 100,000 years they would not evolve, de-volve or adapt into blacks.

surfsider

Guru
Good points Bart. The difference between a wolf's genetic makeup and the domestic dog is almost negligible yet I'm not sure I'd risk taming it and trusting it to not become feral and see me as easy pickings.

SteveB

Mentor
I think that comparing dog breeding to human evolution is an apples to oranges analogy. Dogs were genetically manipulated by man beginning thousands of years ago with the first domesticated wolves and wild dogs. When man wanted a dog with certain characteristics, they would find dogs with those traits and breed them. The offspring would be discarded if the traits were absent and the ones carrying those traits would be in-bred to enhance the traits. This process was duplicated over and over until the result was a group of in-bred dogs with only those dominant traits. That is why all breeds can be traced back to one pair of dogs.

There is too much variation within each race to characterize a race of people as a breed of human. Each pure breed of dog are almost all the same size, shape, weight, color, and behavioral disposition because those were the traits desired by the breeder. That cannot be said of a race of human, where many different traits can be found in any race. Human breeding is a random event and interbreeding (ie incest) is taboo in every culture.

I tend to fall on the side of culture as the explanation for differences in races. Religion probably plays as big a part as any other cultural influence, since they bind a group of people with a common moral code and give them a common purpose. Native Africans have never embraced a common religion, therefore they can't agree on a moral code. This in turn leads them fight each other for economic reasons or tribal rivalry.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Good thing Europeans had all that Christianity to keep them from fighting major destructive wars with each other over the last couple of centuries!

Bart

Hall of Famer
Steve, you said: The offspring would be discarded if the traits were absent and the ones carrying those traits would be in-bred to enhance the traits. This process was duplicated over and over until the result was a group of in-bred dogs with only those dominant traits.

So, let's suppose Mike Tyson and Aretha Franklin produced several offspring and the less intelligent were destroyed and those remaining were in-bred with each other. After thousands of years what do you think the result would be. Would they produce a white man who looks and thinks like Francis Bacon, Thomas Edison, Isaac Newton? No, they willl still produce something which is black through and through. It will still have ALL the black charracteristics of it's progenitors. You can breed a border collie till the end of time , killing off the weaker or smaller or whatever trait and after a millenia you will still produce BORDER COLLIES. LIke begets like. SEED develops what is contained in the seed. You will NEVER produce a pit bull from the border collie, no matter how you try and manipulate the offspring. Edited by: Bart

SteveB

Mentor
Your right, Bart. At the other end of the spectrum, if I bred Condi Rice with Clarence Thomas, discarded the offspring except those with high IQ and a civilized demeanor, and repeated the process over and over, I would guess that I would get a group of black genuises. People are not dogs that are manipulated for genetic gain. If you believe that, then you are in the group that believes as Brutal does, that blacks are genetically superior to whites to run fast and jump high. Isn't that what slave owners did. They bred slaves to be stronger and faster, so that they could do more work in the fields. I'm sorry but I can't agree with that.

Humans are nomadic. Vikings conquered most of the Northern Hemisphere at one time, so I would guess they spread their DNA to those places. Same goes for East Asians in the Americas. The Middle East is a combination of East Asians, European, and African races. Face it, we are all mutts to some extent or another.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I think Condi Rice and Clarence Thomas would make a good couple! He should ditch that white women he is with and she needs a man so......

SteveB, I think there may be a little more to genetics then you think. Evolutionary processes are shaping humans just as if there was a "breeder" involved. I don't think anyone on this site disputes that blacks, are on average genetically athletically advantaged, we just do not believe it is to the extent that the caste system does.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Steve wrote: if I bred Condi Rice with Clarence Thomas, discarded the offspring except those with high IQ and a civilized demeanor, and repeated the process over and over, I would guess that I would get a group of black genuises.

You would guess you would get a group of black geniuses?Oh for sure, countless numbers of themno doubt !And I would guess you have never read any books and studies dealing with the realities of race, genetics and IQ.

Steve: People are not dogs that are manipulated for genetic gain. If you believe that, then you are in the group that believes as Brutal does, that blacks are genetically superior to whites to run fast and jump high.

Who said anything about manipulating people for gain?

Steve: Isn't that what slave owners did. They bred slaves to be stronger and faster, so that they could do more work in the fields. I'm sorry but I can't agree with that.

Who asked you to agree with that ? I didn't say anything about slaves and breeding them.

surfsider

Guru
The evolutionary processes in shaping peoples are in greatest evidence in Africa. Pygmies, Watusis and other homogeneous groups that have quite distinct characteristics seem to be evidence of such a process. For whatever reason, sub-Saharan Africa never advanced beyond tribalism. Trying to graft democratic or any kind of "Western" style form of goverance on to people whose ideas of "government" are of the stone age variety will invariably be a failure that will result in the "cesspool" that Bart refers to. Time will tell if the tribes of Africa can adapt to forms of government that will allow them to raise their standards of living which, except for maybe Ghana, have declined in every sub-Saharan country since the '60s.

SteveB

Mentor
Dang, I guess that I am really out there because I can't buy that blacks have a genetic advantage. There are just too many variables such as culture, diet, environment, etc. to explain the difference. Not to mention that within each race there just as much genetic variation of body sizes and types. I guess that my beliefs are way off base from those of this board.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
If there are no genetic differences, how does one account for things like sickle cell anemia? Or lactose intolerance? Or the fact that an archaelogist can tell the difference between a caucasiod skeleton and a ******* one?