MUSIC

cslewis1

Guru
Hey Deus, that was my point exactly about AF. Because, now this is 20 years ago, but because they were "skinheads" and had a couple politically correct songs and even an American Flag on one of their album covers, they were considered Nazi's by the liberal-commie punk media, i.e., Maximum Rock N Roll.

Now back then, and even now, to avoid that label of being a "Nazi" you had to have songs titled, "John Wayne was a Nazi" by a band called MDC, Millions of Dead Cops, from San Francisco of course or something along those lines.

Fast forward 20 years though and here comes AF, with their Spanish album titles and such. It's freakin' CRAZY!

I don't know if I posted this before but one of the best hardcore albums of all time was by Biohazard. There very first album. self titled. Had a song talking about how the media was playing up the Howard Beach incident to stir racial strifeand another about being POWS and being pro-American etc. Their very next album, the freakin' very next one they started becoming rappers and then anti-American. It was crazy and one of hte most dissapointing things I have ever seen in music.

At least I am glad to hear Billy Milano still has balls. that is fantastic. Choke from Slapshot too.

Another band I liked was from the Long Island area called Justice Unknown. THey did one album and that's it around the mid-90's or so. Heavy as hell. But the best part was they had a note on their cd sleeve that said, "rage against the machine are commie bastards." that was sweet. gotta pay $80 to buy that album on Ebay now though.

cslewis1

Guru
BTW,

Can someone tell me how do you put that box on from someone else's quote like what screaming eagle did up there? Thanks

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
CS, go to Settings, then Edit Profile then scroll down where it has a box for a signature and add whatever you want there, within reason of course!

cslewis1

Guru
Hey Don I meant where he cites the post from Vindicator and how he has that ina box. Does that make sense? Thanks

cslewis1 said:
I don't know if I posted this before but one of the best hardcore albums of all time was by Biohazard.

I used to (and still do) go to a lot of shows in the NYC hardcore scene. Shutdown is one of my favorites, and they play a number of shows every year at Lamour in Brooklyn. However, I never was much a fan of Biohazard. Their lead singer's name is Evan Seinfeld, that should give you your answer as to why I'm not a fan.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Ground Fighter said:
I never was much a fan of Biohazard. Their lead singer's name is Evan Seinfeld, that should give you your answer as to why I'm not a fan.

because... you hate the show?
smiley17.gif

cslewis1

Guru
Evan Seinfeld. Probably just a rich kid with an investment banker dad and an interior designer mom, and once again acting as if from the streets.

There used to be a pro-white Shutdown from Texas. Don't know what happened to them, but they were pretty brutal.

I think I've got a demo from a few years ago from teh Shutdown you're referring to. Not sure though. How long have you been going to shows up there Ground Fighter? There was,probably still is, a group called DMS, initially a skinhead crew that stood for Doc Marten Skinheads. Then, in the mid90's when the whole rap-core and such came to prominence they changed it to Droppin' Many Suckas, or something like that. I always wondered what caused that change in NYHC to happen where it seemed as if in one day, everyone went from being pro-American skins to clowinish wannabe rappers.

This is from a distance I've observed this of course, in DC. Never been to a show in NY, been to a bunch in Boston, DC and Baltimore but that's it.

Came across an asskicking pro-white band recentlyfrom NJ I believe called H8Machine. They stomp. Can't remember the website. Just typed in Skrewdriver MP3's in google and this site came up. Some good stuff on there.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
cslewis1 said:
BTW,

Can someone tell me how do you put that box on from someone else's quote like what screaming eagle did up there? Thanks

Just do what I did just now -- click the quote button in the upper right of the post you want to quote and it will appear boxed in in your reply. You can edit out the parts of it that aren't pertinent, etc. Hope that's what you mean.

cslewis1 said:
There was,probably still is, a group called DMS, initially a skinhead crew that stood for Doc Marten Skinheads. Then, in the mid90's when the whole rap-core and such came to prominence they changed it to Droppin' Many Suckas, or something like that.   I always wondered what caused that change in NYHC to happen where it seemed as if in one day, everyone went from being pro-American skins to clowinish wannabe rappers.
QUOTE]

You definitely know your sh*t man. The whole rap-core thing started with E-Town Concrete from Jersey, and then it seemed like every band thereafter thought they were "ghetto superstars". REAL NYHC consists of "Shutdown", old "A.F", "25 Ta Life" and "Madball" (I know, they're from Jersey, but they were one of the first).. But the start of rap-core is the reason that whole "hardcore band" basketball jersey thing was so popular.

You also mentioned something sbout DMS, right? DMS stood for a number of things in the NYHC scene. From what I know, DMS stood for Drugs Money Sex, its a song from Skarhead, a NYHC band that isn't together anymore. Skarhead was the worst of the worst. You'd go to a show and they'd be drunk as hell and all blown out on coke. One minute they would play the hardest sh*t imaginable, and the next song would come on and you'd swear you were at a Bronx freestyle jam, turntables and all. I still go to shows every now and then, but not at much as I used to.

cslewis1 said:
Came across an asskicking pro-white band recently from NJ I believe called H8Machine. They stomp.  Can't remember the website.  Just typed in Skrewdriver MP3's in google and this site came up. Some good stuff on there.

H8 Machine is actually from Kearny, which is like 5 minutes from where I live, and the city is literally 80% hispanic, which I find to be funny. But there was some question as to the lead singer of that band's ethnicity. He's been called an arab more than once, but no one knows for sure. If you can google a pic of him, you'll see why.

cslewis1

Guru
Indeed. Good info, man, good info.

I've seen Madball a millon times, them and Sick of it all. While that Spanish crap I never liked, Madball ALWAYS played a good show. No matter the size of the crowd, no matter what. I saw them once in a club in Podunk Virginia, must have been 10 of us there and they still were intense. I alwaysrespected them for that.

Skarhead and Etown Concrete, Forgot about those guys. UGH! Yup, that's when it started getting bad. Got that Etwon Demo and to be honest, it wasn't bad, but then they came out with that stupid album it was so polished and, just infantile. I knew then that I was getting too old.

DId you ever know of Fury of Five? THey were good. You probably know this, but one of the best hardcore bands of all time is from Boston, Blood for Blood. Man, if you ever get a chance get their cds. They have a song called paper Gangsta, which I think is right on with the "ghetto superstars" as you said. THey progressed to almost a sort of Sheer Terror sound. Sheer Terror, man, loved those guys.

There was a band from Detroit called Cold As Life and I don't think they were pro-white but they definitely weren't like all the other bands of the mid to late 90's. Don't remember the name of the album, but highly recommend it.

Anyway, sorry to sound like a hardcore geek. Iused to have tons and tons of stuff..until I got married and had kids. Then I sent it all to Walter Reed Hospital for those servciemen up there who might like that stuff.

GF if you come across some pro-white or pro-American bands, I'd love to hear about 'em.

cslewis1

Guru
Ground Fighter said:
H8 Machine is actually from Kearny, which is like 5 minutes from where I live, and the city is literally 80% hispanic, which I find to be funny. But there was some question as to the lead singer of that band's ethnicity. He's been called an arab more than once, but no one knows for sure. If you can google a pic of him, you'll see why.

Good stuff my man. I am glad to hear you're up on this. Hey, way I look at it, if this guy's got the balls to stand up and fight back more power to him, Arab or not.

cslewis1

Guru
Don Wassall said:
Just do what I did just now -- click the quote button in the upper right of the post you want to quote and it will appear boxed in in your reply.  You can edit out the parts of it that aren't pertinent, etc.  Hope that's what you mean. 

Don, you are the white man extraordinaire. One day you should run for office!

cslewis1 said:
You probably know this, but one of the best hardcore bands of all time is from Boston, Blood for Blood. Man, if you ever get a chance get their cds. They have a song called paper Gangsta, which I think is right on with the "ghetto superstars" as you said. 

Damn you and I have a lot in common, its scary. lol.B4B is also one of my favorite bands of all time. I have a bunch of their albums as well. The reason I always loved them was because they spoke for the Urban White youth that was trapped and felt like they were alone. I was like that growing up. A lone White kid in a crappy Jersey city. It sucked, and I was in fights every day (take a guess why), but their music was directed at me, and it helped me get through some rough times. They wrote a song called "Livin' in Exile", you probably know it, but if you don't, look up the lyrics. They're real deep, and you can really feel the pain and anguish thats being expressed.

Here's a piece of it:

"How many tears have they torn from my eyes,
How many of my kind have died?
So, I stand here and spit in your eye,
And tell you your society is nothing but lies.

They lock us uo and they hold us down,
Another wasted youth another dead end town.
I've been waiting so long, I've been waiting
so long now my hope is gone.

I've been running, I've been running with the
hunted, I've been running my whole life in
exile.
I've nothing but a hope inside, and my heart
and soul have died in exile.
Tears and pain like a stinging rain have
passed before my eyes in exile.
I've been running I've been running with the
hunted, I'be beem running for my whole life
in exile."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
How about these Steppenwolf lyrics to their hit 1970 song "Monster-Suicide-America." I just started listening to this one last week. Seems like it could be a new song, 36 years after it was recorded.

"Monster"
Once the religious, the hunted and weary
Chasing the promise of freedom and hope
Came to this country to build a new vision
Far from the reaches of kingdom and pope
Like good Christians, some would burn the witches
Later some got slaves to gather riches

But still from near and far to seek America
They came by thousands to court the wild
And she just patiently smiled and bore a child
To be their spirit and guiding light

And once the ties with the crown had been broken
Westward in saddle and wagon it went
And 'til the railroad linked ocean to ocean
Many the lives which had come to an end
While we bullied, stole and bought our a homeland
We began the slaughter of the red man

But still from near and far to seek America
They came by thousands to court the wild
And she just patiently smiled and bore a child
To be their spirit and guiding light

The blue and grey they stomped it
They kicked it just like a dog
And when the war over
They stuffed it just like a hog

And though the past has it's share of injustice
Kind was the spirit in many a way
But it's protectors and friends have been sleeping
Now it's a monster and will not obey

"Suicide"
The spirit was freedom and justice
And it's keepers seem generous and kind
It's leaders were supposed to serve the country
But now they won't pay it no mind
'Cause the people grew fat and got lazy
And now their vote is a meaningless joke
They babble about law and order
But it's all just an echo of what they've been told
Yeah, there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into a noose
And it just sits there watchin'

Our cities have turned into jungles
And corruption is stranglin' the land
The police force is watching the people
And the people just can't understand
We don't know how to mind our own business
'Cause the whole worlds got to be just like us
Now we are fighting a war over there
No matter who's the winner
We can't pay the cost
'Cause there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into a noose
And it just sits there watching

"America"
America where are you now?
Don't you care about your sons and daughters?
Don't you know we need you now
We can't fight alone against the monster

cslewis1

Guru
That's interesting, especially all that many years ago. Not sure who the monster is? Apathy?
Lyrics make the song for me. Most people could care less, but good lyrics are what motivates me to listen over and over again.

Here's one from Skrewdriver that you might like.

FREE MY LAND

I stand and watch my country today

It's so easy to see that it's being taken away

All the immigrants and all the left wing lies

Why does no one ever ask the reason why

-

(Chorus)

We were the country that had everything

We were the country, Rule Britannia we would sing

We were the country, and we could never lose,

Once a nation, and now we're run by Jews

We want our country back now!

-

It's time our people stood together side by side

It's time we stood and fought against the media's lies

The capitalists and the communists, well they co-exist

If you love your country, you'll be on their list.

-

The sands of time are running out for this land

It's time the people stood and raised their hands

It's time we drove out the traitors that we can see

Now is the time this nation should be free, free my land

Quiet Speed

Mentor
The hype around the death of the smug fruitcake known as Prince is going full throttle. Never did understand the appeal.