Multiple European Countries National Championships this weekend(Assorted Results)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I figured we could put some of the results from the next two weekends for the various national championships and olympic qualifying going on all around Europe over the next two weekends. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of our guys and girls posting new personal bests. We will also have a better idea of the favorites going into the 2012 European Track & Field Championships later this month.

greyghost

Mentor
championships

yep a lot going on this weekend, euro wide... will do my bit to get things posted... :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Can we get a Darius Kuc Sighting? Lol. He runs fast once or twice a year. Maybe this year will be different. He is a legend in Poland but I just wish he would take it to another level. He finally has someone to push him a little bit. Kamil Krynski has good potential over both 100 & 200 meters. Let's see which one of these sprinters gets the Pole Position? Haha.

Men's 100 (+0.3):
1 Dariusz Kuć 10.20
2 Kamil Kryński 10.33 PB

Zeus

Guru
European champion of 2006 and Bronze world champion of 2003, Periklis Iakovakis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periklis_Iakovakis did run yesterday, in his first official race for this year, a second best European time 49.04 , behind David Green's 48.96 and the fourth best in the world for this season.

Iakovakis, has been one of the very few athletes globally, who has fight doping and PED's like no other and he has even openly claimed how athletes from Americas (the "colored ones especially" he said it like that) are cheating. A living legend in and outside the field, he's taking part in the fourth consecutive Olympics and I think his time to medal at the Olympics has come......it's the only medal missing from his stellar CLEAN career.

Greece looks very strong in athletics after the empty last 5-6 years. World indoor high jump champ Hondrokoukis with 2.33, Papahristou with second best jump in triple jump, Fillipidis in pole vault, Iakovakis now, a Javelin thrower I don't remember his name etc.

I expect 10-15 medals from Greek Olympic team this year, we have very strong teams in rowing, swimming (open sea especially), gymnastics, judo, water polo, sailing of course and more.

Athletics is rising again in Greece, that's good to see.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is another quick update.

The Borlee brothers have been in action in the heats of the Belgian Championships. Jonathan opted for 200m and ran 20.51 (+1.2). Kevin ran 400m in 44.56 to replace Jonathan as the new European Lead. Simply incredible time by Kevin Borlee!

Let's keep the updates coming guys!

lactatking

Guru
German Championships

Heat 3:
JAKUBCZYK, Lucas 10,20 +1,5 (about 17-19 ° C and it's rainy)

Heat 2:
REUS, Julian 10,25 + 1,4

The Finale is in a few minutes

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In those same German Champs, Unger ran a 10.26 in his heat and Blum ran 10.29 so the finals should be good. Wish we had video!

Lemaitre wins French 100m title- 9.94 (+2.6) 2.Jimmy Vicaut 10.05

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Lucas Jakubczyk of Germany won the 100 in a photo finish from Alex Platino Menga in a time of 10.16! He had a poor start but came back to win at the finish line. Julien Reuss was third and Blum right behind him. The times were impressive despite the wind due to the conditions. Jakubczck is in great form despite the cold and the rain today for the summer time. Here is the video.

http://www.leichtathletik.tv/

planb47

Lucas Jakubczyk of Germany won the 100 in a photo finish from Alex Platino Menga in a time of 10.16! He had a poor start but came back to win at the finish line. Julien Reuss was third and Blum right behind him. The times were impressive despite the wind due to the conditions. Jakubczck is in great form despite the cold and the rain today for the summer time. Here is the video.

http://www.leichtathletik.tv/
Lucas Jakubczyk is really of polish descent his paents emmigated to Germany, similar situation t Lukas Podolski or Mioslav Klose

frederic38

Hall of Famer
I just found the French 100 meter video.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Pgo7-fi-I

i like his attitude more
he looks less scared than before
could the cat turn into a tiger?

look at these blacks who act like they are about to win the world champs while they know that they have no chance to beat lemaitre :laugh:
it's this kind of confidence that lemaitre needs to have

greyghost

Mentor
championships

CL is mentally at a different level then last year ...for him winning the nationals is a matter of course ! ie.. has to be done..and move on .. one can sense it in his interview,, he is becoming "steely"........ and i told yee so ..re.. jakubzyck :shy::bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
44.63 for Kevin Borlee in the finals of the Belgian Championships.
Back-to-back mid-44s for him on consecutive days.
He will need that kind of performance at the Olympics.

Last edited:

RAUL

Guru
this german sprinters are a shame for germany,a country like germany cant made 1 sprinter to run 10.1 on a normal wind and country like saint kitts and nevis or antigua and barbuda to have elite sprinters is a shame.

trackster

Mentor
Raul, you can say that, but you could also say the say that about every single country in the entire continent of Africa. Takes these results from three days ago in Nigeria, for example:

Warri (Nigeria), 14.6.2012 -Warri Relays-
Men
100m Final A (nwi) 1 Ogho-Oghene Egwero 10.27; 2 Durotoye Adetoyi 10.27; 3 Peter Emelieze 10.39; 4 Seye Ogunlewe 10.44
100m Final B (-0,7) 1Obinna Metu 10.37; 2 Bahorou Fiacre (ben) 10.55

Those are the same sorts of times you see from African runners in European meets (where they often run). In other words, worldwide the times in the 100m haven't changed significantly in the past 70 years, if you discount the small handful of countries getting away with steroids and other PEDS. There are really only a handful of runners running significantly faster times than people did in, say, the 1950's, and with the notable exception of the skinny-as-a-rail LeMaitre, they are undoubtedly roiding, or, in the case of Gatlin, benefiting from past roiding (there was an interesting article recently about how they biopsied the muscles of former roiders and discovered that they produced a lot more growth even decades later than highly trained people who had never roided). Those Caribbean countries cheat, plain and simple. Germany has stricter testing (look how skinny their 100m champion was yesterday). Once the testers get better and level of the playing field you won't see many sprinters from the Caribbean.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
It gets better. Not sure if it was in a heat, but Kevin ran 44.56 in the 400, which puts him up there with the best in the world. No one is really running 43's anymore.

His brother Jonathan ran a 20.51 200, which is solid for a 400m runner.

http://www.european-athletics.org/n...nce-2007-national-championships-round-up.html

Kevin Borlee ran 44.56 in the heats and then 44.63 in the finals.
His brother, Jonathan, ran the 200m in 20.51 in the heats, and 20.32 in the finals.
These guys are looking good!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That is the third post about the Borlee Brothers but I have to admit that they are the best news of the weekend outiside of Lukas and Darius.

Has anyone heard of this Bulgarian Sprinter Georgi Geogiev? It's a new name to me but he ran a respectable time to win the nat'l championship. I haven't really found any info on him yet. Thanks guys.

Sliven (Bulgaria), 15-16.6.2012 –National Championships-
Men

100m (1.9) 1 Georgi Georgiev 10.23

2 Samuel Francis (qat) 10.34

3 Yuri Bozheryanov 10.42

4 Petar Kremenski 10.48

RAUL

Guru
Raul, you can say that, but you could also say the say that about every single country in the entire continent of Africa. Takes these results from three days ago in Nigeria, for example:

Warri (Nigeria), 14.6.2012 -Warri Relays-
Men
100m Final A (nwi) 1 Ogho-Oghene Egwero 10.27; 2 Durotoye Adetoyi 10.27; 3 Peter Emelieze 10.39; 4 Seye Ogunlewe 10.44
100m Final B (-0,7) 1Obinna Metu 10.37; 2 Bahorou Fiacre (ben) 10.55

Those are the same sorts of times you see from African runners in European meets (where they often run). In other words, worldwide the times in the 100m haven't changed significantly in the past 70 years, if you discount the small handful of countries getting away with steroids and other PEDS. There are really only a handful of runners running significantly faster times than people did in, say, the 1950's, and with the notable exception of the skinny-as-a-rail LeMaitre, they are undoubtedly roiding, or, in the case of Gatlin, benefiting from past roiding (there was an interesting article recently about how they biopsied the muscles of former roiders and discovered that they produced a lot more growth even decades later than highly trained people who had never roided). Those Caribbean countries cheat, plain and simple. Germany has stricter testing (look how skinny their 100m champion was yesterday). Once the testers get better and level of the playing field you won't see many sprinters from the Caribbean.

trackster you cant compare african country with germany,this nigerian sprinters are somewhere at same level with german sprinter,but nigeria is a country from 3 world and germany is the richest country from europe so that is my point.they have good athletes at other event's but why can't make a decent sprinter on 100 and 200? i dont try to tell why they dont have a bolt but a decent sprinter who qualify in final of major event and run some decent time like 10.0x is not something extraordinar for a rich country who have what need to develop good athletes

trackster

Mentor
Raul, I think national wealth hurts more than it helps. Germany has more money to spend on drug testing, and it has the national character to be willing to do so. The Caribbean countries simply lack the character to test. They shield their athletes from testers, and they certainly aren't about to spend their own money to perform testing (same with Kenya).

RAUL

Guru
Raul, I think national wealth hurts more than it helps. Germany has more money to spend on drug testing, and it has the national character to be willing to do so. The Caribbean countries simply lack the character to test. They shield their athletes from testers, and they certainly aren't about to spend their own money to perform testing (same with Kenya).

homie better to be a cheater but to be elite than to be a fair player but to be a looser,europe in sprinting and specialy white sprinting live just by some exceptional sprinters,and if they are clean or not for me is nothing,all what count is the result (medal and time) we talk on this forum about black cheaters, but one of the biggest white sprinter (pietro mennea) was doped and really he said that but anybody dont talk about that,majority of athletes are on ped so is not cheating if you are on roid if almost everybody use it,you are just equal with they,much people hate bolt and say about him is a roider,maybe is,no,sure is but that's dont mind he is not the best ever sprinter,i said before the outdoor season start,gemili will run 10.1x and white lighting say he want that but he dont think this heapend,he run 10.0x,a good sprinter can see from junior level,adam gemili is better than jamaican junior sprinters,and the best choose for him is to train 1-2 years in uk and then go in usa,to train with the best and **** the rest from europe(exept cl and maybe vicaut)! i have a question,why black sprinters from usa are better then black sprinters from europe and uk specialy,all we know harry aikines is roider (gorrila sprinter) and other from uk but why they are suck's and niggas from carribean space and usa are better?

RAUL

Guru
our hope is adam gemili in sprinting for next sub 10 caucasian sprinter,we talk about pickering,rytis sakalusbaba or what name he have or about kilty but they are 10.2-10.1 kind of sprinters they never will run fast and when i say fast i not say 10.10 i mind fast (sub 10) this magrebian-persian have what he need to be a elite sprinters.look at his muscle mass,he is much bigger than white sprinters from uk at junior level,his 60m pb is good compare with other junior and his 100m time are much better then senior sprinter from europe,except few like cl,vicaut and dwain chambers (2-3 years ago not now) rest are crap,in 2006 europe world leading was sub 10(9,99) in 2010 sub 10 and in 2011 the point is we see europe at sprinting all time sub carriebean and usa but this thing must change,and now!! i am pised of to see just carribean country because i know europe (and specialy white sprinters)have potential but in europe they dont have what need,if shirvinghton trained in usa sure he ran sub 10,because he dont progress from age of 19,there was a problem,if you not progress from 19 years is a big problem in your training,with pickering same problem,with gulyev was problem with his father but i dont think he have same conditions in turkey like in usa.