Most Overpaid NBA Players

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-forbesoverpaid102309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

What a bunch of crap!  They have Andrei Kirilenko on this list.  Kirilenko is a jack of all trades and puts up good numbers when healthy.  They also have Andris Biedrins who is a great rebounder.  Andrew Bogut shouldn't be on this list as well as he shots a high fg percentage and has decent stats.  I won't argue with Brian Cardinal being on the list though.

StarWars

Mentor
They should put everybody on this list because all pro athletes are overpaid. Another BS article equivalent to the "biggest busts" articles that usually feature white players and have a policy of salutarian neglect regarding our darker friends. If pro athletes weren't paid so much then black athletes would just turn to drug rings. Blacks like to "get rich or ie tryin'" for the most part.Edited by: StarWars

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The funny part is they always overrepresent white players in all of these lists.  While whites are only 33 percent of the entire NFL and that includes kickers and punters they end up being over 50 percent of supposed draft busts.  In this NBA list you have three white players who absolutely shoudn't be on the list in Kirilenko, Biedrins, and Bogut.  We all know that the creators of these lists have to list plenty of whites to not be accused of racism.

j41181

Master
No kidding! When it comes to most overrated MVP's...Dirk and Nash come to mind. Gasol's NBA triumph is often being dismissed as a mere fluke just because Kobe rapist is his teammate.

This is always the case, anytime a white athlete does not live up to high expectations, they almost always get the bust or overrated labels. They always get included in dubious company.

There are many times more overrated black athletes than white athletes!!!!!

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
From what I read today, Antoine Walker needs to start drawing basketball paychecks again because he's gone through tens of millions of dollars from his 12-year career and appears to be broke.

Sometimes I wonder why we care about what the 75-80% black NBA pays its brothers when most of the dumbasses are headed for the po' house within a few years of finishing their careers.

If it wasn't for ESPN paying a bunch of black former NBA and NFL players to hang around and say nothing of value in their studios, I think a bunch more former players from those sports would be penniless.

Van_Slyke_CF said:
From what I read today, Antoine Walker needs to start drawing basketball paychecks again because he's gone through tens of millions of dollars from his 12-year career and appears to be broke.

Sometimes I wonder why we care about what the 75-80% black NBA pays its brothers when most of the dumbasses are headed for the po' house within a few years of finishing their careers.

If it wasn't for ESPN paying a bunch of black former NBA and NFL players to hang around and say nothing of value in their studios, I think a bunch more former players from those sports would be penniless.
that's just like boxing.. i recall max schmeling payd joe louis's medical bills because louis was broke.......

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
VSCF, I saw the same article, and thought...."TNB(S)". I'm not at all surprised as that's very commonplace for the "affletes". I don't follow the NBA anymore (too hip-hop'd out/"affletic"), but I'd wager they place the requisite White players on the list to be PC (as alluded to above). The NFL "bust" list is always total horse puckey.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes I read the article about Antoine Walker and his financial problems VanSlyke.  The article mentioned about how the afflete paid for team dinners and even coaches suits.  Only a complete moron could make that many millions and now be broke.

j41181

Master
Antione Walker, Jayson Williams, Isiah Rider...etc. This is the way many NBA blacks end up....BROKE!!!!
smiley36.gif