<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>Reform leaders join immigration rally</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>A U.S. Reform Jewish leader compared the plight of illegal immigrants to that of the ancient Israelites.

Rabbi Scott Sperling, director of the Union for Reform Judaism's Mid-Atlantic Regional Council, made his remarks at an immigration rally Monday in Washington in front of an estimated 100,000 people. Sperling said he would be adjusting the story of the Exodus at his seder to include undocumented immigrants.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

White_Savage

Mentor
Hah...Well, the Mexes CAN be properly compared to the Israelites in another sense-"Let's over run the land of Canaan, then we'll say "God" promised us the land".

Or maybe not. To over-run the land of Canaan, the Israelites actually had to fight and seed the land with their blood. To my embarassment, our illegals don't.

Bart

Hall of Famer
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="95%" align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =bold>White_Savage wrote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=#999999>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =text>To over-run the land of Canaan, the Israelites actually had to fight and seed the land with their blood. To my embarassment, our illegals don't.</TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

And the Mexicans didn't need to march around Jericho and wait for the walls to come tumbling down. There aren't any WALLS, fences or impediments other than a few show pieces. Our Border Patrol is staffed by agents who do virtually nothing, except for the Mexicanhires who have been actively engaged insmugglingtheir compatriots.Our government is more hostile to the -Minutemen- thanto Mestizos.

I'm reminded of a joke:

What's the difference between the French and the Americans? The French know an invasion when they see one.

It would be funny if it weren't so true.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
Our Border Patrol is staffed by agents who do virtually nothing, except for the Mexican hires who have been actively engaged in smuggling their compatriots.

Don't blame the boots on the ground for the mistakes of idiot politicians. They are vastly outnumbered and yes, outgunned. If you have two to ten agents at a single location that has over 200 illegal aliens rushing the border, how would you propose they capture them all?

Every move of these agents is scrutinized. Spanish language placards are pasted on the walls of holding cells, advising the aliens of their rights and listing numbers to call to complain of civil rights violations, real or imagined.

Agents are routinely shot at and rocked by attackers on the Mexican side of the border, but agents are ordered to hold fire and seek cover. They are not allowed to return fire.

There are plenty of Border Patrol agents, white and Hispanic both, who want stronger immigration enforcement, including walls, employer sanctions, jail time, end of free medical, education, and welfare benefits, you name it.

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Don't blame the boots on the ground for the mistakes of idiot politicians.

The government has hamstrung the efforts of the border patrol and other enforcement agencies, my disgust is aimed at them.

devans

Mentor
The Jewish Leader should be protesting against this...

Israeli shell kills girl in Gaza

Injured children were rushed by car to hospital
An Israeli artillery shell has killed a young Palestinian girl in a house in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian hospital and security sources have said.
Palestinian sources said the girl was eight-years-old.

At least 12 other people were reported injured in the shelling on the northern village of Beit Lahiya.

The Israeli military says four kassam rockets were fired into Israel from Gaza on Monday - three from the exact area of the house that was hit.

Fifteen other Palestinians, mainly militants, have been killed in Israeli military action against rocket fire from Gaza since Friday.

Blood and rubble

According to witnesses and security officials, the Israeli army hit the family home, which was next to a field.

The shell set the house on fire, according to an ambulance driver quoted by the Associated Press news agency.

Witnesses identified the dead girl as Hadil Ghraben.
All the casualties were reportedly members of the same family.

"The scene was horrible," said a relative, 29-year-old Samir Ghraben.

"There were two explosions and children started screaming."

She said children were covered with blood and rubble.

The Israeli military said it may have been responsible for the killing, but said it was targeting Palestinians firing rockets.

"The IDF [Israel Defence Forces] does not target civilians," a military spokesperson said.

devans

Mentor
and this
In a small room on the edge of Tulkarm, they are wailing for 44-year-old Eitas Zalat.
Israel says Eitas Zalat was shot by mistake in an arrest operation
There are tears, screams, and whimpers. Women turn to me in sorrow, and in anger.
Eitas Zalat was a mother of five. She was killed at dawn by an Israeli army bullet while sitting in her living room.
Now she lies on a stretcher on the floor. Women kiss her face, and then collapse.
Outside one of Tulkarm's mosques, as the people of this impoverished West Bank town prayed, I spoke to Eitas Zalat's husband.
Yousef Zalat is an English teacher. He is still - I think, as we speak - in shock.
"I feel just like an ordinary man who lost his partner," he tells me.
"We were sitting next to each other and the Jews shot her while we were speaking together. There were no weapons, there were no bombs. Why they do this? Why?"

What good is that?... My wife has been killed
Yousef Zalat,
on Israeli soldier's apology
From an Israeli human rights group, B'Tselem.

The circumstances under which Eitas Zalat was killed, the group says, "raise the grave suspicion that Israeli security forces acted as if they were conducting an assassination rather than an arrest operation".

B'Tselem says that between January 2004 and 1 May 2006, 157 Palestinians were killed in what Israeli forces term arrest operations in the West Bank.

Of these, at least 35 were civilians, whom the military admits were mere bystanders to the operation.

B'Tselem accuses the Israeli army of "demonstrating a pattern of indifference to the safety of Palestinian civilians".

Such words though do not comfort Palestinians.

The death of Mrs Zalat is for them just another illustration of how deadly Israel's occupation of their land often is.

It shows - they say - how they are the victims of this conflict.

Nothing changes

Mr Zalat told me one of the soldiers had apologised to him. "What good it that?" he asked. "My wife has been killed."

Then, Mrs Zalat's body was carried on a stretcher to the cemetery.

A few hundred mourners picked their way among the gravestones in the spring sunshine.

And there they stood, as speeches were made, and as the body was lowered into the ground.

Mr Zalat crouched by the grave, and took one last look at his wife. He stroked his face. It was just 12 hours since she had been killed.

Another death that changes nothing in this conflict, but changes everything in one family.

devans

Mentor
More Israeli Atrocities...
Seven people, including three children, died on Friday when Israeli shells hit a beach in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian officials say.

Seven reported deaths on a beach near the northern Gaza town of Beit Lahiya. At least 30 people were wounded.

Palestinian officials say the seven people killed on the Gaza Strip beach included two women as well as the three children.

The first television pictures revealed a terrible scene, the BBC's Alan Johnston says.

TV pictures suggest a family was on a picnic when the disaster struck

At least four figures lay unconscious on the ground, possibly dead, our correspondent says.

A little further away, a man was lying on a sand dune, perhaps fatally injured, while a child stood looking on in utter horror, our correspondent says.

He says around the casualties were tables and chairs, and it looks very much as if this was a family enjoying their Friday afternoon off on the beach when disaster struck.

For many months, the Israelis have regularly shelled open areas such as fields and orchards in an effort to prevent Palestinian militants using them to fire their home-made missile into crudely made missiles into nearby Israeli territory.

Somehwere out there is the Modern moses. He will part the Rio Grande and led the mexicans back to the promise land of Mexico away from the mean Americans. One can only hope.

Quick fact: when the Bracero program ended in 1964- sending all the Mexican farm workers back to Mexico, the wages of agricultural workers went up and the price of food went down. History will repeat itself when we build the wall.