Morrison traded

j41181 said:
Yeah, that's another thing, Van Horn lacked the heart and determination to excel and succeed, something Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, and Pau Gasol fortunately have.
Watching him play the Pistons in the playoffs while nearing the end of his career was pretty bad. As a Piston fan (before I was aware of the caste system), I was always so excited to see him in the game because he was literally a walking turnover. He'd come in, commit a couple turnovers and get taken out then make another appearance in the 2nd half, commit a turnover and get taken out again. He looked like he was just going through the motions, something Dirk, Gasol and Nash would never do. He had the talent, but not whatever it is that make players great. Considering the things he could do on the court, it really is a shame how his career turned out. Edited by: Fightingtowin

j41181

Master
Well now that guys like Dirk, Nash, and Gasol have made their impact in the NBA very apparent, I hope it will make players like Van Horn a thing of the past.

Tyler Hansbrough, Luke Harangody, and Chase Budinger are now waiting in the wings. I sure hope neither of them turn out to be like Van Horn. All these guys have superstar potential.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Morrison situation has been frustrating. He is only playing a few minutes a game. I thought he would at least be as good as Keith Van Horn.

bigunreal

Mentor
The Morrison case exemplifies why I believe in conspiracies. What sense did this trade make from the Lakers' standpoint? Why did THEY go after this superstar college player, who was languishing on the bench of the team that drafted him, because of the head coach's hatred of white players? The Lakers had to know he could hardly ever achieve "star" status in their lineup. Why didn't any OTHER team decide to go after Morrison- whose price was very cheap? You know, one of the many who could certainly use a true "star" player?

Even now, why aren't any shrewd front office people around the league noticing how little this potentially great player is playing? Teams should be lining up to try to obtain him, seeing as how the Lakers obviously don't seem to be interested in playing him.

Just as Matt Jones, Jacob Hester and Brian Leonard were all drafted by NFL teams that were certain not to use them properly, it seems that the few white American college star players are slotted to teams that will also be certain not to utilize them correctly. Certainly, no team seems willing to make a white American player the focal point of the team.

The last white American "star" player was Larry Bird. Morrison has the potential. Will there ever be any others? Edited by: bigunreal