Miscellaneous Boxing News

white is right

Hall of Famer
It's very strange how he suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Sky might pull the plug on boxing I think.. 'Gman Boxing' has interesting videos on youtube talking about how poor a job Shalom has done.

and Billam-Smith is the only male world champion he has, and the best fighter in his stable. yet this main photo on the Boxxer fighters page on their website doesn't even include him. (or Olympic Gold medalist Lauren Davies). The photo shows what Ben Shalom is about!

View attachment 4359
Yes he is very young and if I didn't know any better you would think he was a front for a mob syndicate washing money ie MTK Global and their promotional company. The story I read stated he received a promoters license at 23 and took a 10k pound sterling loan to run his first show and within a few years he was on cable tv and stealing Okolie, Buatsi and others from Hearn.

Tomorrow night ESPN and Sky have a Las Vegas card with loud mouth braggart Teofimo Lopez defending the crown he won off of weight drained Josh Taylor as far as I can tell only two White fighters are fighting, once beaten fringe prospect Antonio Zepeda fights an opponent named Lemir Isom-Riley and Jose the "Sniper" Pedraza is the B side opponent against a peaking Keyshawn Davis.

The weekend is sparse for American promoted cards because of the 1000 pound elephant that is the Super Bowl but Europe still has two cards on various platforms.

PS I stated this before but Hearn talked about being glad to lose the promotional rights to Okolie as he only fought in half full arenas at discounted prices and his purse demands weren't realistic for what he generated at the box office. Even Shalom realized that by having the CBS fight in his hometown for the WBO strap verse being in London with another sparse crowd at a pricier venue.

Updating the results from last night and as I speculated Zepeda was exposed again and stopped in the third round and has to take one of two steps as he either has to go to the minor leagues of boxing and box out of the tank town circuit in the Midwest or the Dixie circuit in the South and go to a city with a gym with a decent trainer that will teach the former football player on how to box and protect his chin and build up better stamina. Or he needs to get on with his life but a man with his dimensions shouldn't lose to a 5'10" 250 pound boxer with a spotty record of his opponent.

Also Jose Pedraza needs to hang up his gloves as he looked shot and chinny and was banged around whenever Davis landed any power combo to his chin with the referee mercifully stopping the fight with Pedraza reeling into the corner while bleeding from a cut and not having focused eyes.

Tomorrow two competing British cards with overlapping time occur. Liam Williams fights Hamzah Sheeraz and will be a B side measuring stick for the British South Asian prospect, this card has White prospects so if I can remember to tune I could comment on the card. Also Hearn promotes an White Brit main event 130 pounds but as far as I can tell the card is void of other White fighters. The winner of the Hearn card could be set up to fight Joe Cordina with another cross roads type win.

PS2 Ryan Garcia has signed to fight Haney for Haney's 140 world title and I found out why Haney was so eager to fight Garcia and it's because Garcia made 40 million dollars last years in purses and he was only the challenger against "Tank" Davis and has never won more than an interim belt in any weight division. In other words he is box office gold.

The fight will be in Las Vegas so the speculation of Saudi Arabia hosting the fight was idle chatter as the Saudi's could have bought the site fee rights if they wanted to but decided to pass even after lobbying from Oscar and Team Haney. https://fightnews.com/haney-kingry-collide-april-20/158274

Updating the Saturday afternoon British cards and in the main event of the Frank Warren card Liam Williams was violently stopped in the first round by the freakishly long Hamzah Sheeraz. The veteran never got going and while not collapsing to the canvas he was probably saved from a violent knock out at some point in the second round as he didn't know what corner to go to after the corner threw in the towel after the second knock down and had a glazed over look in his eyes.

Sheeraz will be a problem if an opponent lets him fight to his dimensions and lets him extend his arms. Williams could never adjust to the stark reach difference and was at the end of his punches but I maintain that the South Asian prospect/contender won't be able to take what he dishes out as he is built similar to Thomas Hearns and fighters with that build never can take what they dish out.

Note I missed the Sam Noakes fight as I only watched a pirate copy of the Williams fight but it looked like he destroyed his opponent with bodywork coupled with well placed combinations but his opponent wasn't a puncher so he might not have been able to keep Noakes honest. A true litmus test will probably be when Noakes fights an opponent who is a puncher to see what if he can take what he dishes out.

In the Hearn promoted card Reece “The Bomber” Bellotti pulled off a minor upset by beating the previously unbeaten Liam Dillon it looks like off the wire reports that Bellotti out worked the prospect/budding contender and used his superior experience to win the equivalent of a gym war.

Bellotti may be a foil to Cordina or Wood down the line if neither 130 pound fighter doesn't have bigger fights scheduled.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Yes he is very young and if I didn't know any better you would think he was a front for a mob syndicate washing money ie MTK Global and their promotional company. The story I read stated he received a promoters license at 23 and took a 10k pound sterling loan to run his first show and within a few years he was on cable tv and stealing Okolie, Buatsi and others from Hearn.

Tomorrow night ESPN and Sky have a Las Vegas card with loud mouth braggart Teofimo Lopez defending the crown he won off of weight drained Josh Taylor as far as I can tell only two White fighters are fighting, once beaten fringe prospect Antonio Zepeda fights an opponent named Lemir Isom-Riley and Jose the "Sniper" Pedraza is the B side opponent against a peaking Keyshawn Davis.

The weekend is sparse for American promoted cards because of the 1000 pound elephant that is the Super Bowl but Europe still has two cards on various platforms.

PS I stated this before but Hearn talked about being glad to lose the promotional rights to Okolie as he only fought in half full arenas at discounted prices and his purse demands weren't realistic for what he generated at the box office. Even Shalom realized that by having the CBS fight in his hometown for the WBO strap verse being in London with another sparse crowd at a pricier venue.

Updating the results from last night and as I speculated Zepeda was exposed again and stopped in the third round and has to take one of two steps as he either has to go to the minor leagues of boxing and box out of the tank town circuit in the Midwest or the Dixie circuit in the South and go to a city with a gym with a decent trainer that will teach the former football player on how to box and protect his chin and build up better stamina. Or he needs to get on with his life but a man with his dimensions shouldn't lose to a 5'10" 250 pound boxer with a spotty record of his opponent.

Also Jose Pedraza needs to hang up his gloves as he looked shot and chinny and was banged around whenever Davis landed any power combo to his chin with the referee mercifully stopping the fight with Pedraza reeling into the corner while bleeding from a cut and not having focused eyes.

Tomorrow two competing British cards with overlapping time occur. Liam Williams fights Hamzah Sheeraz and will be a B side measuring stick for the British South Asian prospect, this card has White prospects so if I can remember to tune I could comment on the card. Also Hearn promotes an White Brit main event 130 pounds but as far as I can tell the card is void of other White fighters. The winner of the Hearn card could be set up to fight Joe Cordina with another cross roads type win.

PS2 Ryan Garcia has signed to fight Haney for Haney's 140 world title and I found out why Haney was so eager to fight Garcia and it's because Garcia made 40 million dollars last years in purses and he was only the challenger against "Tank" Davis and has never won more than an interim belt in any weight division. In other words he is box office gold.

The fight will be in Las Vegas so the speculation of Saudi Arabia hosting the fight was idle chatter as the Saudi's could have bought the site fee rights if they wanted to but decided to pass even after lobbying from Oscar and Team Haney. https://fightnews.com/haney-kingry-collide-april-20/158274

Updating the Saturday afternoon British cards and in the main event of the Frank Warren card Liam Williams was violently stopped in the first round by the freakishly long Hamzah Sheeraz. The veteran never got going and while not collapsing to the canvas he was probably saved from a violent knock out at some point in the second round as he didn't know what corner to go to after the corner threw in the towel after the second knock down and had a glazed over look in his eyes.

Sheeraz will be a problem if an opponent lets him fight to his dimensions and lets him extend his arms. Williams could never adjust to the stark reach difference and was at the end of his punches but I maintain that the South Asian prospect/contender won't be able to take what he dishes out as he is built similar to Thomas Hearns and fighters with that build never can take what they dish out.

Note I missed the Sam Noakes fight as I only watched a pirate copy of the Williams fight but it looked like he destroyed his opponent with bodywork coupled with well placed combinations but his opponent wasn't a puncher so he might not have been able to keep Noakes honest. A true litmus test will probably be when Noakes fights an opponent who is a puncher to see what if he can take what he dishes out.

In the Hearn promoted card Reece “The Bomber” Bellotti pulled off a minor upset by beating the previously unbeaten Liam Dillon it looks like off the wire reports that Bellotti out worked the prospect/budding contender and used his superior experience to win the equivalent of a gym war.

Bellotti maybe a foil to Cordina or Wood down the line if neither 130 pound fighter doesn't have bigger fights scheduled.
This was to be the unofficial Boxing Bowl weekend of the first undisputed 4 belt era title fight in the heavyweight division so the two platform cards that survived avoided the elephant in the room and will be tonight.

DAZN has a card with White Mexican 108 pound champion Adrian Curiel who tries to repeat his upset over Black South African Sivenathi Nontshinga. Last fight he blasted out the possibly unfocused South African in a 2nd round mismatch. If his power is legitimate he could repeat the previous outcome.

As far as I know the Mexican card doesn't have other White prospects but I have only seen 2 fights listed on the card if an interesting propsect is on the card I will mention him if I see the fight.

In NYC Guido Vianello is buried in a mid card fight against somebody named Moses Johnson. I know Vianello needs grooming before he steps up but I hope Johnson can give him rounds. There are better known trial horses who an observant eye can spot improvements with the form of a prospect than Johnson.

Note Christy Martin has a card on the revamped Triller promotion I won't be watching the card but it's safe to say the rock bands and B list celebrities smoking cannabis on the air are over for the promotional shows and bare bones boxing and analysis will be provided by Ron Borges who in the past has been rather critical of various promoters and fighters.

Updating the ESPN card and the "Gladiator" wiped out Moses Johnson with a 5 knockdown performance in a first round knock out. I didn't watch this one I just read a wire report and Johnson was never a factor in this one but either Guido is learning in the gym or Johnson is that bad I will try and find a pirate copy of this wipe out to find some semblance of truth out of this result.

I finally saw a copy of this fight on Youtube and I can't make heads or tails on this one as Vianello placed his punches well but Johnson might not have more skills than a typical pub bouncer(even if his record indicated otherwise). I will have to rate this fight an incomplete.

Vianello is ready for a rematch with Rice or another fighter of similar ability. I would even be okay with Charles Martin who has settled into being a high end trial horse.

In the DAZN card Curiel was wiped out in the end by savvy veteran Nontshinga as he tried the same strategy as last time but the South African rode out the storm and rallied in the 9th round where he stung the former champion with violent counters and had him ready to go at the end of the 9th round. After this it was a matter of time and the Mexican was stopped in the next round while being stopped in the corner and trying to ride out combinations to the head.

With the way the two fights ended a rubber bout could be in order but if the money isn't worth it I suspect the South African will pursue more lucrative bouts at 112 as a possible Sunny Edwards bout was mentioned after this win.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Any upcoming cards with fighters worth watching?
You have the Fury vs Usyk fight for all the marbles in mid May, you also have the recently signed Haney defense against Garcia which might be a bigger fight in North America because the fight is on American soil and has two US nationals. Also in two weeks Saudi Arabia will have another deep card with Joshua fighting Ngannou and has Zhang vs Parker in the chief supporting bout.

This weekend is another slow weekend with as far as I know only the Berlanger vs McCrory card is broadcast on North American tv. Berlanger who at one time looked like a Superman clone at 168 pounds but recently since he stepped up in competition he has looked like more of a suspect than a blue chip prospect. The Irish veteran will have to box the ears of Berlanger to get the decision but is a live dog off the form that Berlanger has shown since his ko streak ended.

PS I forgot about Bivol vs Beterbiev which is for all the marbles at 175 pounds and on paper might be the most competitive of all of the big fights scheduled in 24'. Maybe it was due to the fact it will be in Saudi Arabia and the promotional conferences are out of sight and out of mind when a big fight is in that part of the world.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
McCrory just lost via 6th Round KO
He was a 4 and half to one dog so Berlanga should have won this bout. Berlanga exceeded my expectations as he was released from his Top Rank contract because he seemed to have peaked at a level below McCrory who is at least a fringe world level guy as he won the IBO belt at 175 pounds.

This week two cards are dueling on Saturday with ESPN having the deeper card with two world title bouts. White Mexican Venado Lopez defends his IBF title that he won off of Josh Warrington. He was last seen destroying Mick Conlan this week he fights Japanese national Reiya Abe. As always his bouts should be action packed.

In the main event hidden star Eurasian Otabek Kholmatov fights for the vacant WBA 126 pound title against Raymond Ford. The Uzbek has looked like a big punching machine in the few fights I have seen of his. Ford will probably try and box and run against the big punching Uzbek. If Kholmatov cuts off the ring he probably wins by violent knock out.

On DAZN the Jake Paul Circus pitches a tent in Puerto Rico with Paul headlining the card against obscure opponent Ryan Bourland. Similar to his last opponent I'm not expecting much from the opponent and judging from the lack of buzz from the media his career has hit the skids in terms of cross over appeal.

If his card has any interesting White prospect I will probably report the results of the fight but any serious fan of the sport should watch the ESPN card instead of the DAZN card.

Updating the Saturday cards and on the DAZN card and Jake Paul destroyed an opponent who had the physical make up of an ice cream cone left out in a July mid afternoon day and the punch resistance of the melting cone. The broadcast mentioned how the opponent had some amateur credentials but I question the weight class he fought in as he had no business at the 200 pound limit.

If Paul wants to fight at this level he can fatten up his record to 1000 and 1 but will anybody be paying attention if he steps up in class?

On the ESPN card Luis Alberto “El Venado” Lopez put a beating on his Japanese opponent where he broke his eye socket and then out punched the near blind opponent where the referee stopped the bout out of mercy than Abe being disorientated.

As much as Lopez doesn't throw the jab he is very good at finding his opponent with unorthodox winging hooks and power punches. He has beaten too many world level opponents for this style to be anything but an unorthodox world level winning strategy.

Uzbek national Otabek Kholmatov dominated his title fight for 11 and 3/4ers rounds less a brief 1 minute period in the 8th round but ended up being stopped with 6 seconds to go in the bout after fading in the 12th round and ending up trapped in a corner and appearing too concussed to defend himself. In the past a stoppage like this would be more controversial but after seeing the stoppage a few times the referee probably had no choice but to stop this bout as he knew a follow up combination could have badly injured the Uzbek.

He will come again but probably not against Ford who is rumored to be jumping up to 130 pounds as he had weight issues for this title bout.

Last edited:

JohnHarper

Current Boxing news update:

What’s going on with Ryan Garcia? There are accusations of a mental breakdown.

booth

Mentor
I saw a picture of Garcia smoking a good-sized joint. I don't know if it will make you have a breakdown, but it will change your mood.
The boxing schedule starts Thursday this week. The main card though starts Friday morning at 11 et. Joshua vs Ngannou is the headliner.

JohnHarper

I saw a picture of Garcia smoking a good-sized joint. I don't know if it will make you have a breakdown, but it will change your mood.
The boxing schedule starts Thursday this week. The main card though starts Friday morning at 11 et. Joshua vs Ngannou is the headliner.

Thanks for the update.

Joshua:

- Can outbox Francis and has a relatively higher boxing fight IQ (Yes, I saw the Fury/Francis fight)

- Will not be caught off guard/take him lightly (especially if Francis fights with the same game plan, his lack of technicality and awkwardness not withstanding). AJ’s team has footage and surely will make a game plan accordingly.

Francis:

-Puncher’s chance as always w/ heavyweights in general, plus with power retained even when tired (always dangerous). That’s the wild card and equalizer in this fight.

- I know some applauded Francis for how good he looked, but his unorthodox style (awkwardness) and not moving or responding like typical/experienced professional boxers is actually an advantage.

Prediction- I’m open to correction, but I think Fury, Joshua, or any current skilled heavyweight would beat Francis 8-9 out of ten times. I’m thinking Joshua wins.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the update.

Joshua:

- Can outbox Francis and has a relatively higher boxing fight IQ (Yes, I saw the Fury/Francis fight)

- Will not be caught off guard/take him lightly (especially if Francis fights with the same game plan, his lack of technicality and awkwardness not withstanding). AJ’s team has footage and surely will make a game plan accordingly.

Francis:

-Puncher’s chance as always w/ heavyweights in general, plus with power retained even when tired (always dangerous). That’s the wild card and equalizer in this fight.

- I know some applauded Francis for how good he looked, but his unorthodox style (awkwardness) and not moving or responding like typical/experienced professional boxers is actually an advantage.

Prediction- I’m open to correction, but I think Fury, Joshua, or any current skilled heavyweight would beat Francis 8-9 out of ten times. I’m thinking Joshua wins.
Updating the action from yesterday and today and Steven Butler probably saved his career if he wants to have any further world level ambitions as he blew away Steve Rolls with a first round knockout. I missed this one but he needed a win like this after getting blown out twice in world title challenges. He may go to England to challenge one of the domestic level opponents to advance along the path needed to get a higher world rating.

In the first bout of the main card Kevin Lerena stunned Justis Huni twice and had him ready to go in the last round but didn't have the gas in the tank to finish the job. Lerena seems to be missing the stamina to battle naturally larger men on the inside as twice now he has been wanting in energy when he had a naturally larger man in big trouble in crossroads bouts. Lerena may become a gate keeper for elite prospects as it seems like he has limitations but can still give a good fight for the prospect and give the prospect a stamina and chin check lesson.

In the first world title bout of the main card Israil “The Dream” Madrimov won the WBA 154 pound title with an exciting and quick stoppage of his Chechen opponent Magomed Kurbanov in the 5th round. Until the stoppage the fight seemed about even to me but the Uzbek national seemed to rock the Chechen with a few power punches where the Chechen was forced to give ground. In the end the Chechen was trapped in a corner and his knees buckled and wasn't firing back so the referee intervened.

Last edited:

JohnHarper

Updating the action from yesterday and today and Steven Butler probably saved his career if he wants to have any further world level ambitions as he blew away Steve Rolls with a first round knockout. I missed this one but he needed a win like this after getting blown out twice in world title challenges. He may go to England to challenge one of the domestic level opponents to advance along the path needed to get a higher world rating.

In the first bout of the main card Kevin Lerena stunned Justis Huni twice and had him ready to go in the last round but didn't have the gas in the tank to finish the job. Lerena seems to be missing the stamina to battle naturally larger men on the inside as twice now he has been wanting in energy when he had a naturally larger man in big trouble in crossroads bouts. Lerena may become a gate keeper for elite prospects as it seems like he has limitations but can still give a good fight for the prospect and give the prospect a stamina and chin check lesson.

In the first world title bout of the main card Israil “The Dream” Madrimov won the WBA 154 pound title with an exciting and quick stoppage of his Chechen opponent Magomed Kurbanov in the 5th round. Until the stoppage the fight seemed about even to me but the Uzbek national seemed to rock the Chechen with a few power punches where the Chechen was forced to give ground. In the end the Chechen was trapped in a corner and his knees buckled and wasn't firing back so the referee intervened.
Ball turned the fight around for the last six rounds!

freedom1

Mentor
Nick "The Wrecking" Ball got robbed. He won easy but the judges called it a draw.

Zhang outboxed by Parker. This surprised me. I thought Zhang would win by KO.

Joshua KOs Ngannou in 2nd, easy win. Again, I'm surprised. I thought Joshua would win, but that it would be a late stoppage or a decision.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Ball turned the fight around for the last six rounds!
He might have been jobbed in this one as he seemed to sweep the second half of the fight and scored two knockdowns on the tiring champion.

Joseph Parker out boxed the glacially slow but powerful Zhang. Zhang needs to drop a ton of weight heading into the rematch or it should be a repeat of the first fight.

And Joshua probably ended the carnival barker fights with MMA fighters as he could have killed Ngannou with basic punches. Ngannou was a sitting duck for straight right hands and froze like a deer in the headlights after the 2nd knockdown. This win proves nothing but novice boxers have no business fighting elite boxers.

Speaking of carnival barker fights Paul vs Mike Tyson was announced yesterday and I tend to agree with this commentator.

JohnHarper

He might have been jobbed in this one as he seemed to sweep the second half of the fight and scored two knockdowns on the tiring champion.

Joseph Parker out boxed the glacially slow but powerful Zhang. Zhang needs to drop a ton of weight heading into the rematch or it should be a repeat of the first fight.

And Joshua probably ended the carnival barker fights with MMA fighters as he could have killed Ngannou with basic punches. Ngannou was a sitting duck for straight right hands and froze like a deer in the headlights after the 2nd knockdown. This win proves nothing but novice boxers have no business fighting elite boxers.

Speaking of carnival barker fights Paul vs Mike Tyson was announced yesterday and I tend to agree with this commentator.
I admit that I enjoy the carnival and crossover fights.

I agree also that novice boxers can’t compete, generally speaking, against elite boxers. Elite boxers are expected to outclass MMA fighters. You’re not gonna develop that level of skill even with a couple years of training.

It would be like Floyd Mayweather when he was talking about working on BJJ. Yea, you’re not gonna develop a respectable ground game to compete with elite MMA competition even with two years and good trainers. Think James Toney going against Randy Couture.

Regarding Tyson, would an athletic commission license him at that age? Maybe an Exhibition match again.

Yes, I’ve seen the footage of his sparring which amounts to about 20 seconds (not to mention his his exhibitions). I don’t doubt he can go all out for short spurts, but people who have followed combat sports know he is too old to compete against a young athlete. Wasn’t it Holyfield who came back last year and looked horrible? I’d actually put money on Paul.

freedom1

Mentor
Yeah, I still wonder what was up with Fury. Joshua did what Fury should have done. Maybe Fury's shelf life has expired.

If Tyson can hit Paul so hard, Jake time travels, the boxing universe will be put back in order.

Logos5

Guru
Yeah, I still wonder what was up with Fury. Joshua did what Fury should have done. Maybe Fury's shelf life has expired.

If Tyson can hit Paul so hard, Jake time travels, the boxing universe will be put back in order.
Nah man dont be saying this, this is like jakes 11th fight, hes still an amateur pro boxer who i personally think is legit whether you like it or not, plus why would you support a black man over our own? especially a prospect like jake paul whos shown a lot of athleticism, explosiveness and technique against a lot of fighters

also off-topic, but im having such a hard time loading up the forum, is there any fix to this?

JohnHarper

If I had to pick out of the multiple reasons that were offered (taking lightly, didn’t train, etc) I’d guess the main reason for Fury looking worse was the element of surprise from Francis.

AJ had footage and fought accordingly.

Regarding Tyson, him losing to Paul says nothing about his skills as an 80s/90s top heavyweight or the sport of boxing, imo. Tyson was talented then but Father Time is respecter of no person, Paul looks good for a YouTuber, and skilled boxers and the respect of the art will continue regardless of the outcome.

Last edited:

freedom1

Mentor
I personally resent the Paul brothers for the scam they are running. They find washed up fighters and dangle a big paycheck in front of them and then cash in on that person's name. It's exploitive. I feel they are disrespecting the fighters and the sports. It doesn't sit right with me. I don't care for Mike Tyson, but I hope he connects on Paul's jaw.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I personally resent the Paul brothers for the scam they are running. They find washed up fighters and dangle a big paycheck in front of them and then cash in on that person's name. It's exploitive. I feel they are disrespecting the fighters and the sports. It doesn't sit right with me. I don't care for Mike Tyson, but I hope he connects on Paul's jaw.
Yes this is the grift, boxing has always been sport that had a grifter's mentality to the promotions but the Paul brothers and cross over fights have taken this to the Nth degree.

We shall see what this potential disaster does to these fights but I expect nothing from Tyson as even his training is grifting as watch him hit the bags and it's only a very short loop that seems to be spliced together to make it look like he is firing endless combos like he did when he was in his early 20's.

Arerequired

Mentor
Ngannou got flat lined, wow, that's what Fury ought to have done. It was bad too, he was out for a minute. I guess the honor of boxing is restored.

JohnHarper

I stated above that Joshua had the advantage of not being surprised by Francis and having actual fight footage. This post seems to confirm, if true, that the win was partly a result of a game plan based on what his trainers had seen from the first fight:

“Team Joshua were practicing the power right hand extensively during the warm up, which is rare. Clearly elite corner work & fight plan. They knew in advance Ngannou’s stance restricts him from evading the right hand.” via Boxing Kingdom

booth

Mentor
  • ESPN+ has a card at 9:00 pm tonight from Nicaragua. I don't know any of these fighters, but it might be worth watching.
  • Azael Villar vs. Jairo Noriega, 12 rounds, junior flyweights
  • Eveling Ortega vs. Yanissa Castrellon, 8 rounds, junior flyweights
  • Harvin Aguirre vs. Josue Alvarado, 8 rounds, welterweights
  • Gerardo Sanchez vs. Edwin Cano, 8 rounds, junior flyweights
  • Michael Carmona vs. Tomas Villar, 6 rounds, strawweight
Israil Madrimov reminds me of GGG. His facial features and a powerful right hand. He is only 29 years old.

Whiteathlete333

Hall of Famer
I stated above that Joshua had the advantage of not being surprised by Francis and having actual fight footage. This post seems to confirm, if true, that the win was partly a result of a game plan based on what his trainers had seen from the first fight:

“Team Joshua were practicing the power right hand extensively during the warm up, which is rare. Clearly elite corner work & fight plan. They knew in advance Ngannou’s stance restricts him from evading the right hand.” via Boxing Kingdom

Yet fury went life and death with this mma guy. I have said it before I won’t support fury simply because he is white. He is a bum.