Mirko Filipovic

G

Got dominated today by Alistair Overeem and is probably finished as a serious fighter. Not sure why he declined so fast.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Kongo showed everyone how to beat Cro Cop: Knee him in the balls:

Cro Cop was able to get back to his feet and was muscled into a clinch, where Overeem landed an accidental low blow. After a short rest the fight continued, but once again Cro Cop was kneed in the groin and this time he would not be able to continue, thus ruling the fight a no contest.

G

And slamming him, and punching him, and elbowing him, and making him bleed from both eyes. That too.

Filipovic is done.

itsme

Guru
I've been a big Cro Cop fan but i have to agree he looks done.

Not sure what his problem is? mental? physical?
smiley5.gif

He did absolutely nothing in this fight not even tried something.
smiley7.gif

Sean

Mentor
I'm a big Cro Cop fan too, but I think he needs to reevaluate things. He didn't look good against Overeem even before the illegal shots. The Cro Cop of old would have KO'd Overeem. I don't know what the problem is.

On the brighter side, I am a big fan of DREAM (I hope it can become the next pride) and am glad to see it going so good. I believe they've crowned 2 champiopns so far, both of them white, with the Armenian Mousasi just winning the middleweight tournament in what I think was an upset. Joachim Hansen from Norway is the other title holder, at Lightweight.

smiley32.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Mirko needs to perhaps consider a return to kickboxing if he wants to keep competing. He's got a good police/military/political foundation in Croatia.

Bart

Hall of Famer
MMA isa very brutal sport. It is extremely taxing on the body, mind, and psyche of the participants. Some train like mad men for years punishing, andstressing their bodies to the max. After a while it takes a toll. Perhaps those whoburn the brightest, crash and burn sooner. Then too, some guys are never the same after injuries, or a beat down.