Mike Miller

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I see Mike Miller for the most part isn't a starter again this season. In college he seemed like a can't-miss pro prospect if there ever was one. His NBA career ppg is 13.2 and rbg is 4.1, not terrible but certainly not what he's capable of.

He seems his entire career to be in and out of the starting lineup. Other very talented white players suffer the same fate, like Bob Sura, Dan Dickau, Austin Croshere and others. Even Steve Nash earlier in his career wasn't always a starter. This can't help but stunt the development and confidence of many of these guys, who are then perceived as role players and journeymen instead of potential stars. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy that props up the caste system in the NBA.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You are 100% right Donwas.I have seen so many players get
screwed over in the last decade or so.It makes me sick.
One example was Marko Milic who at only 16 dunked over
a car.He is built like a body builder/weight lifter.He
played for the Suns briefly and had a couple of good
games.They gave up on him with out giving him a chance.
Marko was only 19 when he played in Phoenix.I saw him
do dunks that Jordan would be envious of.He was so
strong that he would tear down rebounds.He had it all.
The Suns recently cleaned house on M.Lampe and Z.Carpakapa.Both of these guys were outstanding and
never got a fair chance.Z.Carp. had a good game with
the Warriors the other night.He had 16 points.I hope
they continue to play him.The Caste System is alive and
well in the NBA.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mike Miller had a great game tonight.It's one of the
few times all year that he has got significant minutes
In 36 minutes he had 19 points,9 rebounds & 3 assists.
They really need to keep him in the lineup more.He
should be an all star caliber player.Maybe the injuries
on the Grizzlies will be a good thing in the long run
and get Miller back where he needs to be.

speedster

Mentor
Another player who belongs on that list is Mike Miller's team-mate Brian Cardinal.He has fought through injuries and a total lack of respect from his former employers,namely the Pistons and the Warrriors to finally get some starts.Cardinal played 40 minutes last night and had 20 points.Hopefully the patella tendinitis that has plagued him in the past is just that,a thing of the past.

okra63

Guru
Mike Miller is an excellent basketball player who needs to be in the Memphis Grizzlie lineup. He was a good basketball player at Florida and has the potential to be as good as he wants to be. He has got to set his mind to it. Too bad the Grizzlie's won't give him much of a chance due to the caste system. Believe me, though the Griz will allow him and Cardinal more playing time if the injured players they are replacing comeback and don't perform. If Mike Fratello doesn't allow them to play, he should be fired after they way Miller and Cardinal have performed during this last stretch of games.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There's a bit of irony in Cardinal and Miller ending up on the same team. Cardinal has often been ridiculed as a prime example ofthe kicked-around,"unathletic" white basketball player, yet he is very productive when he gets to play. Miller is at the other end of the spectrum, a verytalented white specimen who can jump like a kangaroo, yet he too is generally treated like a career backup rather than a potential superstar. You just can't win if you're a white American in a "black" sport.

okra63

Guru
White people seem to let all the negativity put them down. You know its ashame they get treated the way they do. They atleast deserve some respect. The media is not coming close to giving them that.

kevin

Guru
Mike milller is an excellant athlete he may people a little under sized, but has proven he can hold his own in the nba. he is a good penitrater and a very good shooter, but most importanly he has learned the fundementals of basketball, and has learned to limit hius mistakes.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another solid game tonight for Miller with 17 points on
6 of 9 shooting.He is finally getting in a groove again.
Cardinal added 20 points and Jason Williams had 12 points
and 7 assists.They beat the Clippers by the way.Keep up
the great work Mike.I would love to see him eventually
get to the all-star level that he is capable of.They
are a fun team to watch.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I had to post about Mike Miller tonight.He was everything
that he was in college and more.Miller had 37 points
tonight doing it all from the inside and outside.This
kid is finally starting to hit his stride in Memphis.I
have been waiting patiently for him to start living up
to the high expectations.There is no reason that he
shouldn't eventually average over 20 points per night
and make the all star team.He can shoot the ball above
average,he can dunk on anyone,good passer and a good
defender.He still can improve in alot of these areas but
he is still only around 25 or so.Watch out for the
Grizzlies & Miller in the playoffs.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
As long as Memphis keeps the guys they have and will use them effectively, they will be a threat in the playoffs. Like any other team, they could trade a couple of guys, but not bad, considering their Vancouver roots.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I am anxious to see if Mike Miller can get back to a
being a star again.He shows flashes here and there.He
needs to do it every night like Ginobli.I think this
season will be his break out year.Maybe he can even
make the All-Star Team.He is so athletic and can beat
you inside or outside.Hopefully it will be Miller Time
next season.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
First White Sixth Man in a decadeis nothing but a consolation prize in this case. Mike Millerhas the talent tobe a team's franchise player.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Mike Miller is off to a good start in his first two games averaging over 22 points per game.This guy has All Star Potential.I want to see him take it to an even greater level this year!
smiley32.gif

Pistons' announcers were raving about Miller last night.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Miller is dominating without Paul Gasol in the lineup as he has taken on most of the scoring duties, a role Miller thrives in, he can flat out score.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Miller is my dad's favorite player in the league.
smiley20.gif

he is incredibly versatile and can score, pass, handle the point, and rebound. Memphis is going to struggle until Pau is back and healthy, but Mike Miller is a top-notch player. it's too bad he hasn't gotten the chance to fully showcase his talents before, but at least he's getting a shot now.

I could do without him wearing his girlfriend's or wife's hair thing,
however.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i hear you. is that a ghetto thing? the only black dude on my city league hoops team used to wear one of those during games, too. he also looked very gay.

JD074

Master
What is it? I'm not watching basketball right now, and I haven't seen his "hair thing." Sounds weird.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
It's a yarmulke!

I always ask black guys if the thing they are wearing is a yarmulke, wheteher it be a dog rag or that african hat thing they wear all of the time. Most of them it goes right over their head (har har) but the ones that get it are pissed because as we all know there is no one that hates Jews like black people, and the more aware they are the more they dislike them.

Reminds me of the time I saw a guy in his full Orthodox jew garb on the rental car shuttle on the way to the airport.....stop me if I've told this story before.....anyway we start up a conversation and I'm thinking, geez this guy looks ridiculous, traveling through the business world in that goofy black hat, ZZ Top length beard and those really silly curls on the side (do they use a curling iron for those??) so I say to him "what's it like being Amish, no electricity and stuff" HA! what a scene, he turns bright red and angerly replies that he is NOT Amish, he is an orthodox jew and if I weren't a no-nothing redneck I would know that.

"Orthodox Jew huh?" I reply. "So that's different then? you use cars and lights and stuff? "

"Forget it" he says and turns away.

Hey, I gotta have my fun too.
smiley4.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
...so I say to him "what's it like being Amish, no electricity and stuff" HA! what a scene, he turns bright red and angerly replies that he is NOT Amish, he is an orthodox jew and if I weren't a no-nothing redneck I would know that.

That was funny! I needed a good laugh tonight.
smiley32.gif

KG2422

Mentor
That is funny. I wonder if he ever caught on.

I once asked a group of Vietnamese, while they where eating, if they had ever tried using a fork instead of chop sticks. I explained to them that it was easy, that it is like a little shovel. They were pretty pissed. I probably did it because they were being loud, and their language really gets on my nerves. That was before I was as culturally sensitive as I am now.
smiley2.gif