Michigan State Spartans

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here's a look at the white Spartan starters for 2005.

Offense
QB-Drew Stanton
LG-Kyle Cook
C-Chris Morris
RG-Gordon Niebylski
RT-Mike Gyetvai

Defense
Bandit-Eric Smith
SS-Cole Corey

Also seeing action will be LT Tom Kaczmarek, RG Roland Martin, RT Pete Clifford, DT Joe Toth. I'll have to check back on this team later, as some pics were not available. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
C'mon Col! Drew Stanton! The guy is the best white option QB in the nation. This kid is a super runner that kicked ass when he wasn't hurt. He chewed Michigan up for a half until he got hurt just before halftime. We should keep an eye on him. He is the next Matt Jones if he stays healthy.

Also the coach likes him and the black backup is NOT a better runner then him (or thrower for that matter).

MSU no longer has any black QBs on its roster.

Watch in a couple years for Bryan Brighton, who is a CB for MSU.

John L. Smith is cleaning up on in-state recruiting right now, getting
the best linebacker in the state, Eric Gordon from Traverse City, the
best big athlete in the state, 6-6, 235-pound Patrick Rigan, also from
T.C., and also the best quarterback prospect in the state for 2007,
Keith Nichol, who was a 2,000/1,000 kid starting as a soph on a state
championship team.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I thought you guys would know Stanton was there without mentioning him! I was checking to see if you were paying attention. Good job, you all get A's. Seriously, I just forgot to put his name down. I knew he was there, but I got sidetracked by the lack of white skill players on offense. Keep us updated on Bryan Brighton, Great Lake State. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Bryan's brother, Derek, is a senior DB at Allen Park, MI HS. He'll probably sign with MSU, Bowling Green or Boston College.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Cool, Great Lake State be sure to put him under the high school section. We definitely need to keep an eye on this kid.