Michael LeBlanc

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Your right jacknyc. I had forgoten about him. I'm glad to see him doing well too.

Michael LeBlanc was very impressive. He hasn't run this fast in a few years. Can he bring it again tommorow when it counts. I sure hope so. It would do so much for his confidence to end the indoor season winning the Big East Champs. He has only raced twice all year indoors so this would really be special. I will be rooting hard for him tommorow.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see LeBlanc do well, and see him and Connaugton become permanent fixtures on the Canadian teams.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Michael LeBlanc is the 60 meter champion again. He won the finals of the 60 meters today at the Big East Champs in a time of 6.72 seconds! Congrats to Michael. He has been through alot and this is a step in the right direction. His personal best in the 60 is a 6.67 so he is not that far off. Michael is a guy who really comes on strong later in the race and that is why he has a p.b. in the 100 of 10.17! I'm hoping for big things this summer.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Michael will be racing at Virginia Tech tommorow. Let's hope he can keep up his win streak. This will probably be his last indoor race of the season with outdoors right around the corner. Good luck Mike!

white is right

Hall of Famer
They don't have an NCAA indoor championship? (Sorry I don't follow the indoors at the collegiate level)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There is an NCAA Indoor Championship. It is next weekend and Michael will not be there. Our boy Shane Crawford is going to be running! Good luck to Shane Crawford next weekend and to both of these sprinters outdoors!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
after reading his blog, i am left pondering the notion of "dumb athletes."

not a single black student in ANY of the courses i teach could write something as cogent or coherent as young Mr. LeBlanc. and it's not even close. i would like to see something written by the "Rhodes Scholar" Myron Rolle, who might get drafted by the NFL, and then compare the two.

methinks a "regular" White athlete would rival the "incredibly intelligent" black one ... and LeBlanc is probably a better athlete, as well. certainly he's a much faster one.Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Just wanted to let you guys know that both Michael LeBlanc and David Ambler are entered in the 100 meters at the Texas Relays this weekend. We might see some really fast times if the conditions are right.

freedom1

Mentor
The forecast says high 70s and clear. Alright!! Let's get this season off with a bang. Hope ML catches a flyer in the 100.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ambler didn't show up and was disqualified. I'm not sure what happened? Michael LeBlanc qualified for the finals tommorow in the 100 metes. He ran a 10.48 but remember it is only his first race of the year. Most of the guys were not that fast and he made it to the finals. I would be happy if he could get into the 10.30's in the final. It's all about baby steps. He is coming back from a long layoff and he will need to build a solid base before he can run some really fast times. He doesn't need to peak anyway until late May to June. Good luck to Money Mike in the finals.

trackster

Mentor
smiley17.gif
Here's a video of LeBlanc in his qualifying heat. Poor start (he appears to stand straight up), but he wins with ease. Note, too, the runners finishing in the top three as opposed to the back of the pack. Looks like a clean sweep:

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/236783/323681

The final is probably later today.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well I just watched the finals. Very disapointed. Michael LeBlanc faded in the last 40 meters or so. He was in the top 3 and finished in 8th place. Mike only ran a 10.49. It is hard to tell if he got hurt or just didn't have the speed endurance yet. He didn't look good. Hopefully he can bounce back in the next race.

trackster

Mentor
Here's an interesting post from Michael LeBlanc's blog:

<div ="entry-">

Unlike my previous outdoor campaigns, which tended to
begin more gradually and later in the spring (usually mid-April in North
Carolina), we decided to heavily front load this outdoor season with
the Texas Relays and the Arizona State Sun Angel Classic. There are a
lot of reasons for doing this, the most important of them being that I
need races, and front loading the season with some bigger meets before
settling down into training mode for a few weeks is a great way to
accomplish this.

People seldom realize that while I'm 23 years old, I'm very young in
terms of both training years and competing years. I only started serious
training going into my senior year of high school, before that point I
only messed around at the track one or two days per week during a few
months of the year, sometimes missing months at a time. Competition
wise, I've had very few full seasons; the last time I had
anything near a full season was 2007. What does this mean? Quite simply
that I need to get to the starting line as much as possible in order to
acclimate myself both psychologically and physiologically to the process
of racing.

By the time I had run 10.17 in 2007, my race tally for that season
(indoor and outdoor) was close to 30-some total times lining up and
running (including relays), and this was only the 2nd week of June. I
opened that season in mid-April with a 10.54 in North Carolina. That day
I also ran the 200m.

This year I opened my season with 10.49 â€" my fastest and earliest
opener ever â€" and that time was accomplished on the 4th race of a busy
weekend that was comprised of both 4Ãâ€â€100m and 100m prelims and finals.
Perhaps even more encouraging was the fact that I improved over the
weekend, at a point in the season when I shouldn't expect to have the
specific fitness necessary to run four times and run well. My 100m
preliminary was 10.48 with an assisting wind of 2.5, while my final was
10.49 with a comparatively pedestrian 0.6 making for
anintrinsicallybetter performance.

This coming weekend I will compete at the Arizona State Sun Angel
Classic, where I'll race the 4Ãâ€â€100m, 100m, and yes the 200m, bringing my
outdoor season race tally to seven total races by April 10, where it
would have been zero in years prior.

So how did the race feel? As expected â€" which is a good thing.

Non-sprinters have a hard time appreciating the specificity of speed.
What I mean here is that speed is specific onto itself and,
furthermore, races are specific onto themselves. This is why you'll
sometimes see a 400m runner get gassed in a 200m, or even a 100m. The
type of training required to run those distances effectively is so
specific that it can seldom by achieved by promoting ‘general fitness'.
There is no question that I am more fit now than I have ever been in my
life. I do more tempo (low intensity high volume) running than I ever
have, and just more work in general. But it wouldn't matter if I
was running 20k per week, I'd still be getting tired at the 60m of a
100m. At this point in the season I haven't done anywhere near the
requisite amount of specific endurance training (or racing, for that
matter) to run a competent 100m. Luckily, that's what supposed
to happen. On April 1st, I'm supposed to feel tired halfway through a
100m, simply because the specific training isn't there yet. The remedy
here is simply a product of the proper training compounded over time. I
can speak from experience as to the incredible effect that this formula
has; I dropped from 10.54 o 10.17 in less than 8 weeks. The effect is
particularly pronounced for those among us who train in the north, and
are forced to recluse ourselves indoors for several months of the year,
thereby delaying (although notdiminishing) specific endurance
development.

I'm both looking forward to, and expecting, continued progress this
weekend in Arizona.

</div>

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
LeBlanc isquite brightand is a very capable writer.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The guy is very articulate. He is obviously well educated and knows the science of track up and down. Similar to Pickering, Mike is a student in the art of athletics. His intelligence can only help him in his pursuit of a sub 10! He does not get discouraged easily and he has the work ethic to accomplish his goals. I expect him to eventually run faster than Macrozonaris. Macro topped out at a 10.03 in Mexico. Nic Macrozonaris is the fastest white guy ever from Canada. Not for too long in my opinion. Michael LeBlanc should claim this title within two years if he remains healthy. The even better thing is that it won't matter to him. He has much higher long term goals. Good luck to Mike this weekend. I might just have to go watch this meet live as I only live a short distance away.

StarWars

Mentor
Most white athletes that continue in sprinting and also try to walk on in football are very intelligient. For the obvious reasons.

If anybody here can naturally run a sub 11 first shot, which I bet there are several people here who can, you would be sad to know that you probably could run 10.17 with correct training and diet. Everyone has different starting points for speed, but in the end after years of training and actually caring, the majority of lean white people with fast twitch muscles (80%) can break 10.5.

waterbed

Mentor
I was pretty fast, did always soccer and I have tryed out sprinting but i gor injury's it was to much sprinting+soccer and college.Maybe if I trained really hard to I could bring my 10.98 without spikes and soccer training to like 10.4.

In europe you do not sporting at college.I have a very good start but not so good topspeed compared to start.And tops speed is important in the 70-100 meters too.For example sprinter one has made 0.2 s. advantage in the first 40 against sprinter 2.But sprinter 2 was 0.15 second faster in the 40-70 meters so he is now 0.05 seconds behind , and in the last 30 meters, sprinter 2 decelerates more for example 0.05 but becuase he comes from higher topspeed he runs the last 30 meters still faster then sprinter 1 because he comes from a higher top speed and wins with 0.05 seconds for example .The commentater would say OOOH look at sprinter 2 he beats sprinter 1 because he slowed not down what a good deceleration pace.

Good 100 meter runners have always a good 60 to 100 meter ratio, like Lemaire for example.I think quickness/ Acceleration is more important in soccer and american football but they take in american football nearly only blacks for running back????
If you are well trained with good endurance but still have a bad 60 to 100 meter ratio then you probably have not so good Top speed which causes a not so good 60-10 meters and not because you slowed much down.

StarWars

Mentor
waterbed said:
I think quickness/ Acceleration is more important in soccer and american football but they take in american football nearly only blacks for running back????
If you are well trained with good endurance but still have a bad 60 to 100 meter ratio then you probably have not so good Top speed which causes a not so good 60-10 meters and not because you slowed much down.

You're lucky to be in Europe because you can ignore American sports and not be a social outcast. American sports are a joke, and our obesity rate doesn't help. At the highschool level we have some pretty good young athletes, but after that we have pretty sh*tty talent considering our population. It is almost laughable, and would be laughable if it were not so sad, that the mainstream media in America has convinced people that we have the world's best athletes! Europe should start playing American football, so that it can be internationally contested and Germany, Ireland, and Iceland can absolutely sh*t on us! I'd like to see an afflete runningback try and break a tackle from an Irish rugby player without pads on, haha. Oh ya, not to mention blacks would never be able to endure a whole rugby game without resting between plays. That's why many NFL teams have to start several runningbacks, because the affletes have no endurance. Sad, really, to think about how ridiculous we must seem to Europeans.Edited by: StarWars

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
StarWars said:
Europe should start playing American football, so that it can be internationally contested and Germany, Ireland, and Iceland can absolutely sh*t on us! I'd like to see an afflete runningback try and break a tackle from an Irish rugby player without pads on, haha. Oh ya, not to mention blacks would never be able to endure a whole rugby game without resting between plays. That's why many NFL teams have to start several runningbacks, because the affletes have no endurance. Sad, really, to think about how ridiculous we must seem to Europeans.

The Aussies would more than hold their own, too, in American football. Aussie football is very rugged, reminiscent of American football before it became watered down in toughness and many of the sport's fundamentals were Caste aside.Edited by: Don Wassall

StarWars

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
The Aussies would more than hold their own, too, in American football.  Aussie football is very rugged, reminiscent of American football before it became watered down in toughness and many of the sport's fundamentals were Caste aside.

As you already know, just about any white country would make fantastic football leagues far greater than the NFL. Wide receivers that actually caught passes, a tough run game, and remarkable defenses would be rampant in this hypothetical league.

Back to LeBlanc. Hopefully he stays injury free and makes the NCAA 100 meter final.

FastEuro

so true..I posted here before that as a freshman in high school I ran the 50 yard dash in 6.8 and as a senior I ran it in 5.5. Our bodies develop individually. Some guys are born fast and are slow to progress, others are average and become superstars, and others are born both... Its all timing and working hard and understanding your body. Mind/Body connection is the most important training tool for sport and life in general.