Miami-OH

Has two guys who are really fun to watch, 6-6 senior Tim Pollitz and 6-5 junior Mike Bramos. The (black) color commentator was raving about both last night vs. USC, a close loss. At one point re. Bramos said, "I haven't seen anything on the basketball court he can't do."

Bramos had 28 the previous game vs. South Alabama. He was second in Michigan's Mr. Basketball voting his senior year at Grosse Pointe North, after leading the school to its best-ever tournament finish. Strong, athletic, tough. His dad is a Detroit cop, so that helps.

Miami's coach, Charlie Coles, has to be the only current college coach who has coached two white NBA All-Stars? Wally at Miami, and Thunder Dan Majerle at Central Michigan.Edited by: GreatLakeState

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i watched this game, as well as Miami(OH) versus South Alabama. *see white vs. black team thread*
smiley2.gif

those two players are very good, with Tim Pollitz being the focal point, although the team is very balanced.

Bramos is actually such a good athlete, that he is the best shot blocker on the team. and he's a two guard! pretty cool.
smiley32.gif

36 points for Mike in a one-point loss to Dayton.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
did you watch the game, GLS? have you had the chance to see him play?

i've seen him three times in that early season tourney on ESPN. Mike is a heck of a player!

whiteCB

Master
I have a friend who knows Miami's coach Coles. Great guy he tells me Charlie is.

Yeah, the only time I saw Bramos play was in the Thanksgiving
tournament.

Uncle Charlie is one of the good guys, for sure.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
that's hilarious whiteCB! i love the Yoda voice!
smiley36.gif