May 22 - Good card in Moscow!

werewolf

Hall of Famer
It says, "Pray For Boytsov" on the man's shirt.

That fight seemed odd.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Nice KO.

150522073145179610.gif

150522074409357841.gif

150522074508593050.gif

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Took him a while to catch the Botswana negro (who looked like he had some Bushman blood in him). He was hanging on like an octopus whenever they got close.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Povetkin has improved tremendously. Wilder's handlers are going to keep their fake champ as far away from him as they can because Povetkin would chew him up and spit out his bones! Ref should have called off the fight after the first knockdown. Perez was dead on his feet. And don't forget that Perez had a very close split decision fight with another one of their Great Black Hope/Dopes, Jennings, who went the distance with Wlad, a few months ago.

amoeba man

Guru
Povetkin is the best mid range /inside fighter in the world.Not many heavyweights can do what he does he's similar to Holyfield but Povetkin throws better combinations and has faster hands.He's very Nordic looking too with his red/blonde hair and fair skin.I didn't realise until recently that so many Russians had Nordic ancestry.Wlad should have been docked points in their fight as his grabbing stifled Povetkins work.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Povetkin is the best mid range /inside fighter in the world.Not many heavyweights can do what he does he's similar to Holyfield but Povetkin throws better combinations and has faster hands.He's very Nordic looking too with his red/blonde hair and fair skin.I didn't realise until recently that so many Russians had Nordic ancestry.Wlad should have been docked points in their fight as his grabbing stifled Povetkins work.
He was docked a point for tossing Povetkin to the ground. Maybe the point should have been taken earlier, but I don't think Wlad needs to do this to win. He does it because he can get away with it.

Getting back to Povetkin he destroyed a guy who as far as I know has never been hurt while he was fresh. Usually after being destroyed by a dominant puncher a fighter is usually ruined. Povetkin looks like he can crush anybody but Wlad. It will interesting to see what Wilder's team will do after he beats the pushover they have lined up for him next month.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Full fight:

[video=youtube;jhJIYe7WDMU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jhJIYe7WDMU[/video]

Wasn't able to watch the fights live due to work. But wow, looks like Chakhkiev, Kudryashov, and especially Povetkin all scored huge KO'S.

Povetkin has really been in tremendous form lately. I think he takes Wilder out despite Wilder ' s height and reach advantage.

What an awesome win for Alex. Mike Perez is a tough guy, and Alex just smokes him in 1 round. Unreal.

Interesting sidenote: Povetkin has publicly stated that his religious beliefs are Pagan or the traditional Russian beliefs. That's a man I have a deep respect for.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I am wondering how Sasha will do against Wilder. Povetkin is clearly the better boxer but the tall and long negro will have a huge height and reach advantage.

werewolf

Hall of Famer
I am wondering how Sasha will do against Wilder. Povetkin is clearly the better boxer but the tall and long negro will have a huge height and reach advantage.

The pencil-legged fraud Deontay will find some excuse to stay far far far away from Povetkin. Maybe he'll demand a rematch with Molina or Harold Sconiers or claim some injury. Any excuse will do, but I don't believe that his handlers will ever let him get close. They know what he is.

sconierswilder.png

Wilder in the red trunks, Sconiers in blue

werewolf

Hall of Famer

Interesting sidenote: Povetkin has publicly stated that his religious beliefs are Pagan or the traditional Russian beliefs. That's a man I have a deep respect for.

Same here - a pagan just like me! Now I like the guy even more. Sasha, all is forgiven, even that bizarre business with Teddy Atlas. You may come home now.

And speaking of our ancestral European religion and folkways...

Elfdalian, the Ancient Viking Forest Language of Sweden, Set to be Revived

"...it “sounds like something you would more likely encounter in Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings rather than in a remote Swedish forest.â€￾
Read more:
http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-general/elfdalian-ancient-viking-forest-language-sweden-set-be-revived-003093#ixzz3apYhJxcw

and...

[h=1]Neo-pagans are building a temple to practice the ancient Norse religion[/h]

Ambrose

Master
Battleship Povetkin (i coined it first) has naturalized as a heavy weight. Now the single shot guns are breaking through his opponent's as only a man fit for his class can do. His might is his hooks and know-how to land them. A rematch with Wlad would be a much better fight than the first; it could get vicious. Povetkin would likely batter Wilder in a long scrap ending with Wilder getting floored many times. Wilder has only one punch -the straight right- and now that he damaged it in the only fight he ever fought he'll be shy to use it the same way he has. But lilke the Wolfman wrote, I don't think that fight is going to happen anyway.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Needless to say that was a statement KO by Povetkin. Probably 2nd best KO of the year. Wilder must be sweating. After he beats some nondescript tortilla tosser next month he will have to fight Sash. I am quite certain he will try to get out of it.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wilder announced on Twitter he's fighting Povetkin next.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Wilder announced on Twitter he's fighting Povetkin next.
Believe it when I see. If he does, kudos to his confidence and courage. It will be a dangerous fight for both.