Matthew Macklin

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Yes, great win for Sergio, however I am a bit worried about him. The Argentinian relies on his athleticism and speed more than anything else and that is the fist to go. At 37, how much longer will his natural talents carry him?

I would love to see him beat Mayweather, but I am not sure the Negro has the cajones to fight Martinez.

Mkay, so just watched the fight today. First of all congrats to Sergio Martinez on the win! I'm a big fan of Martinez, and his KO win over Williams was a highlight that will always live on in boxing history.

I gotta be honest tho: I was very unimpressed with Sergio. Macklin was basically fighting on even terms with him, and I don't consider Macklin to be a very good fighter.

A champion like Martinez should never have to fight on even terms with a B level fighter like Macklin. Look at Bute, Klitschko's, these champions NEVER struggle with this level of opponent. Quite honestly, I couldnt imagine Matthew Macklin or Darren Barker winning a single round against Lucian Bute. Bute would KO Macklin in about 4 rounds in my opinion.

I'm not impressed with Sergio. I am a fan of him, he's a great guy, great role model, but he does not deserve his #3 P4P ranking. Klitschko's are both much better fighters than him, and I'd even say Bute is a better fighter.

American Boxing fans are god damn delusional and just accept whatever crap HBO feeds them. HBO Boxing is garbage and the absolute last place I turn to when looking for quality boxing. American Boxing has gone down the toilet, and will be even further marginalized in the future years. Martinez is a good, A- level fighrer but a clear level below guys like Klitschko's, Bute.

Martinez was also offered substantial money (in fact would have been a career high payday) to fight against Dmitry Pirog in Russia. Martinez turned that fight down and that says a lot of things about his camp. His team was unwilling to fight another champion in Russia.

Quite honestly, based on the success of his last few opponents, Id say that Pirog has a decent chance on winning a decision. I'd call it a 50-50 fight.

I am a fan of Sergio and I think he's a great guy. I just dont like the way he is being brought up and I'd prefer if he was fighting in Germany/Europe.

I just feel he is being overrated by many, and I also feel there are quite a number of white boxers who are better than him.

He is being built up by HBO selectively (notice his "defenses" are only against B level, zero chance to win white fighters?) into something he is not.

I'd favour Bute over Martinez very strongly.
I'd also say fights with Sturm, Pirog would be 50-50.
I also think there's a good chance someone like Gennady Golovkin beats him.

Typical brainwashed American propaganda building Martinez up.

Martinez is great, but his achievement and talents are a clear step below the Klitschko's, Bute's, Calzaghe's, Kessler's of recent years.

No kidding that Martinez will never fight Pirog, Golovkin, or Bute. Because there is a good chance he loses all of those fights and that would expose American HBO propaganda for what it is. Trash and horribly biased.

Martinez will continue fighting the Macklin's, Barker's (ie B level guys who have zero chance of winning) of the world for a while and American fight fans will keep buying into this HBO propaganda masquerading as championship boxing.

Last edited:
Let's stress the fact here that hadn't Williams been ranked so high, never would Martinez have been that very P4P # 3. After Sergio knocked out Williams, they had no choice but to put him in that spot.

A lot of people (and HBO evidently) were really dying for an opportunity to put Martinez out of that list. Just the fact Wladimir Klitschko isn't even in the top 5 is laughable and demonstrates the bias of "official rankings".

+100 on all points.

I dont give Martinez so much credit for his win over Williams. Yes it was a great win on a big stage. But I never thought Williams was any good to begin with. He was overrated by American auidence.

Martinez has achieved much less than many other great white boxers of today. Calzaghe, Klitschko, Bute are 4 examples of recent white fighters I would consider much more achieving than Martinez.

Dont get me wrong, I am a fan of Sergio, but just saying I am not a fan of the propaganda that's building him up while at the same time ignoring/belittling better white fighters.

Martinez being ranked #3 P4P is extremely American/HBO-centric and part of the same institution that routinely ignores better white boxers like K Brothers, Bute.

Martinez being ranked #3 P4P is extremely American/HBO-centric and part of the same institution that routinely ignores better white boxers like K Brothers, Bute.

After all the Martinez bashing i've heard even before the fight started, i can assure you Martinez is everything but hyped up by HBO.

He's been underrated and ignored by the media for a long time, cheated when he koed Cintron and got a draw, close decision loss against Williams he should have won. Then his one punch KO drew people's attention and the hype that followed might have been a little disporportionate.

But he's still among the best boxers in the world despite all the efforts HBO employed saturday to make people think he's not.

Martinez may well be a HBO fighter yet, judging by the comments (Merchant almost urging him to move up in weight and fight at 168 instead of moving back to 154 which is his initial fighting weight) that doesn't bring him any good will from them.

Showtime keeping Bute apart of the super six or refusing a Bute-Froch is another example of how boxing networks can get a grip on a fighter to then try and mess with his career.

Last edited:
After all the Martinez bashing i've heard even before the fight started, i can assure you Martinez is everything but hyped up by HBO.

He's been underrated and ignored by the media for a long time, cheated when he koed Cintron and got a draw, close decision loss against Williams he should have won. Then his one punch KO drew people's attention and the hype that followed might have been a little disporportionate.

But he's still among the best boxers in the world despite all the efforts HBO employed to make people think he's not.

As I have stated, I am a fan of Martinez personally, and I applaud him for his achievements as a white boxer.

However, we must also realize that he is a part of and represents a larger American Boxing scene. This boxing scene, in contrast to say Sauerland (DEU), Universum (DEU), or Interbox (CAN), features almost exclusively black boxers.

HBO initially matched Martinez to lose against black boxers such as Paul Williams. He was a non-favourite heading into the rematch and he was expected to lose. Don`t you notice that now he is a favourite, all of his opponents have been white?

HBO doesnt want to show you Martinez knocking out black boxers. Thats why all of his fights (now that he is a favourite) feature B level, zero chance to win, white boxers. In fact, they are even mentioning Andy Lee as his next opponent, and Lee has zero chance to win that fight.

So in effect, by supporting Martinez, you are supporting American, non-European boxing scene. I don`t agree with that personally and I much prefer German boxing over American boxing.

I also feel that there are many white boxers more deserving of the praise and attention that Martinez is getting on American network TV. Calling Martinez no.3 P4P while ignoring Klitschko Brothers and Bute is absolutely absurd.

As I stated, I feel many white boxers around Martinez`weight class, such as Bute, Golovkin would beat him. I also feel fights with guys like Froch, Pirog, Sturm would be 50-50 type fights.

Martinez will never fight Golovkin, Bute, or Pirog because those are extremely risky fights and would expose HBO propaganda for what it is.

Sorry but I just don`t appreciate anything to do with the American Boxing Scene. Its crap. And as amateur boxing results will show you, its only going to get worse. I strongly feel that in another 10 years there is a good chance that HBO has stopped showing boxing, because projections for American (mainly black) success is so minimal.

I appreciate and applaud Sergio as a white boxer. However, as Ive stated, I much prefer the German Boxing scene and I feel there are many European boxers who deserve his attention more than he does. His no.3 P4P ranking is extremely American-centric and I can think of atleast 4 white boxers that deserve that ranking more than him (Bute, Froch, KBrothers are a start).

ALSO, I think to many people Sergio will be perceived as `Hispanic`. Yes, he is white. But to the aervage person watching HBO they probably will perceive him as `Hispanic`.

In any case, my support always lies for the German Boxing Scene and I have almost a completel dislike for the American Scene. Its garbage and its going down fast. Dont ever forget that as a white man, Martinez was initally matched *to lose* VS Williams, and only because he pulled the upset he is still being featured on HBO. Now that he is a champion and betting favourite, HBO has given him all mediocre white opponents. That really says it all right there and thats why I don`t support this so much.

By supporting Martinez you are supporting the same institution that ignores and belittles European boxers. I don`t agree with that and thats why Id rather see Klitschko`s or Bute in Martinez`North American position.

I am a fan of Martinez, just not a fan of American boxing or HBO. Hope that clarifies.

Last edited:
HBO doesnt want to show you Martinez knocking out black boxers. Thats why all of his fights (now that he is a favourite) feature B level, zero chance to win, white boxers. In fact, they are even mentioning Andy Lee as his next opponent, and Lee has zero chance to win that fight.

The only black contenders today at 160 are Quillin who probably feels he's not ready and Demetrius Andrade who's still a prospect.

So in effect, by supporting Martinez, you are supporting American, non-European boxing scene. I don`t agree with that personally and I much prefer German boxing over American boxing.

Or by slating Martinez, you unintentionaly propagate HBO denigration of a fighter they try to get rid of by matching him with 168 lbs.

Bute is also tied to an american network (and likely heading to HBO after the fight he owes to Showtime) , should we stop support him because of it as well ?...

Last edited:
Bute is also tied to an american network, should we stop support him because of it as well ?...

Yes, and if we are honest about that it was probably a career mistake for Bute to get tied in with Showtime. They have maliciously directed Lucian`s career and even tried to sabotage a fight with an actual talented white boxer, Carl Froch. Showtime would have preferred Bute to fight Dirrell in Detroit, where there was a chance Bute would get ripped off by some crooked hometown officiating.

Showtime would have loved to derail the Froch-Bute fight and put Bute`s career on hold for American half Negro Andre Ward.

Thank God that Bute only has 1 fight remaining with Showtime, because this American network has literally tried to harm his career by sabotaging his fights and setting him up for failures.

I have a complete dislike for the American boxing scene and TV networks. They are incredibly biased and their P4P rankings that they try to pass off as `official` are downright retarded, handicapped, and erroneous.

I support Bute and Martinez 100% as white boxers.

I was happy to see Martinez KO Williams. But we should also recognize him for what he is, and he is a clear step underneath guys like K Brothers, Bute. Now that he is a champ, he is being used by HBO to smash up mediocre white fighters. I dont support that.

At middleweight, I would prefer to see Pirog or Golovkin be successful and overtime they will be :)

Martinez is great but I don`t like his affiliation with HBO or his recent matchmaking. In terms of talent, he`s great but other white fighters deserve his spotlight more than he does.

Martinez is being used to beat mediocre white challngers, which HBO likes to broadcast. Meanwhile, Martinez turned down a career high payday VS Russian champ Pirog, and has avoided Golovkin or Bute. Ya, HBO is extremely selective on exactly which white boxers Martinez is fighting.

Matthew Macklin, Darren Barker, and Andy Lee presumably Martinez`next opponent are all mediocre, B level fighters. I mean, I coukdnt see Macklin going more than 6 rounds with Golovkin.

Martinez`last few fights have all been HBO propaganda and Im not buying into it.

Anyways, we can politely disagree if you don`t agree with my points. Cheers :)

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Yes, and if we are honest about that it was probably a career mistake for Bute to get tied in with Showtime. They have maliciously directed Lucian`s career and even tried to sabotage a fight with an actual talented white boxer, Carl Froch. Showtime would have preferred Bute to fight Dirrell in Detroit, where there was a chance Bute would get ripped off by some crooked hometown officiating.

Showtime would have loved to derail the Froch-Bute fight and put Bute`s career on hold for American half Negro Andre Ward.

Thank God that Bute only has 1 fight remaining with Showtime, because this American network has literally tried to harm his career by sabotaging his fights and setting him up for failures.

Yes, they are trying to sabotage Bute's career, because with his continued success, he's been demonstrating that negro athletic superiority is just a racist myth.

Last edited:
Anyways, we can politely disagree if you don`t agree with my points. Cheers :)

Sure, there wasn't animosity in my previous posts.

But again, witnessing the treatment Martinez received on behalf of his employers "almost" made me feel like there was something fishy. Lederman's (unofficial HBO judge) daughter was one of the official judges. Lampley and Merchant mentioned it and insisted on how fair she is. She's that fair she managed to have the fight 103-103 with the two knockdowns Martinez scored in the 11th round.:dodgy:

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
If I was Sergio I would seek his next fight against Chavez Jr. Lure him into a fight by hiring a PR firm and make fun of Chavez by fighting C level fighters. Just constantly pressure him to fight. Chavez Jr to his credit is getting better and better every fight.

This would be a major PPV fight, plus Martinez can play the angle that Chavez is a paper title holder. He did not beat the lineal Champion who is Martinez. The WBC stole Sergio's title, unreal. The same that happened to Macklin would be fall Chavez Jr.

Next, fight the winner of the Cotto v Gayweather fight at 154 lbs, at 154 lbs, no BS catch weight to drain him. That would be a super PPV fight. with Sergio hitting the lottery.

Yes, they are trying to sabotage Bute's career, because with his continued success, he's been demonstrating that negro athletic superiority is just a racist myth.

Yes, agreed 100%. HBO and Showtime have problems with showcasing talented white boxers favourably and these networks very often ignore, sabotage or belittle the accomplishments of white boxers.

The few white fighters that HBO & Showtime show are done so out of necessity, and usually matched difficultly in fights they are expected to lose.

White `Stars` of HBO such as Martinez (vs Williams 2), Litzau (Vs Caballero) Pavlik (vs Miranda) were initially matched to LOSE by HBO. The only reason they became stars with HBO is because they unexpectedly pulled off upsets.

***HBO did not plan on, or want these white fighters to suceed and become stars. They were matched to lose VS blacks. The only reason these white boxers became stars is because they pulled UPSETS.*** Pavlik was supposed to lose to Miranda, and HBO wanted Miranda-Taylor. Litzau was supposed to get KOd by Caballero. Martinez was supposed to drop that decision to Williams.

Contrast that to the way blacks are treated by HBO, such as Berto, Williams, Danny Jacobs. These black fighters were given endless opportunities to succeed and had much given to them. These black boxers were broadcasted early in their careers in easy fights. Meanwhile, white boxers with similar amateur background such as Kelly Pavlik had to take a much harder road onto HBO. Pavlik was given no easy fights and in fact he was matched to LOSE in a series of 50-50 type fights.

Quite a difference in the way HBO builds up black boxers and white boxers.

You could say that the higher ups at HBO and Showtime have a very clear antiWhite, antiEuropean bias.

Boxing as a sport is being dominated more so by white Europeans than black Americans and in that regard HBO and Showtime are out of touch with the reality of the sport.

Ill go on record and make a prediciton that HBO and Showtime stop showing boxing sometime in the next 15 years, as Europeans take over even more and Black Americans lose all ground in the sport.

Last edited:
This is why I have a big problem with American sports networks such as HBO and Showtime. I don`t fancy anything to do with the American boxing scene at all. I much prefer international, German, or even Canadian scenes.

Moreover, they are simply out of touch of reality. Black Americans have really lost **a lot** of ground to Euros in Boxing over the past 15 years and programming in no way reflects that.

Based on the continued dominance of Euros in all weightclasses, Id honestly say there is a good chance HBO eventually stops showing boxing. Americans have already lost a lot of professional ground to Europeans and amateur trends would suggest this will INCREASE overtime. Americans will lose even more ground. Im wondering who HBO will broadcast then?

HBO literally said `they are out` of the heavyweight division because its controlled by Europeans. But all weightclasses are heading this way.

Im thinking eventually HBO will be `out` of the entire sport of boxing. American amateur trends are abysmal and their non-success will only get worse.

Back on topic to Sergio Martinez, we should realize that he represents this very institution of American Boxing. I have highlighted my disagreements with American boxing above, and that is why I take issue with Sergio.

I support Martinez on account that he is white, and a great boxer. However, I believe to most people he is wrongly interpreted to be Hispanic. ALSO, he represents and is a part of the American Boxing Scene. I dont fancy that quite frankly. Moreover, I feel other white boxers are more deserving of his spotlight.

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
The KO'd Haitian Negro now lives in Montreal. They have flooded Montreal with Haitians and other Negroes. You wouldn't think those things from sub-Saharan Africa could adapt to cold climates, but unfortunately welfare payments keep them warm and so they do.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Macklin-Golovkin coming up on Saturday June 29.

I'm rooting Macklin to somehow pull off the upset.

The Hock

Master
The only Central Asian type that has panned out at the top level so far is Kostya Tzsu. And he was actually I think a quarter Korean, so he may not count. All the others they've brought in have looked tough as hell, but they never reached the top. This will be a good test for Golovkin.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The only Central Asian type that has panned out at the top level so far is Kostya Tzsu. And he was actually I think a quarter Korean, so he may not count. All the others they've brought in have looked tough as hell, but they never reached the top. This will be a good test for Golovkin.
True.

Golovkin is from Kazakhistan, but he has no Kazakh heritage. His father is Russian and his mother is Korean.

Westside

Hall of Famer
GGG vs Macklin is going to be an epic fight, no matter how long it lasts. In the end someone is getting clocked. Good story on Mac on ESPN.com

Westside

Hall of Famer
Good win by Mac.Sets up a rematch with Strum who surprising KO'd Barker in the second round earlier today! I believe this will be the next fight for Mac.