Matt Walsh

Last entry in this link, about how he's wowing 'em in pre-draft
workouts:

"...and he has tested out much better in the athleticism and
lateral movement departments than expected."

http://www.draftcity.com/viewarticle.php?a=197

kevin

Guru
He is one of the finest athletes out the reminds me of a white jerry stackhouse. He is possible the best athlete a flordia since jason williams.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matt Walsh should be a good fit in the nba.Don't forget
about his team mate who also is in the draft out of
Florida.David Lee can dunk as good as anyone that has
ever played the game.Remember,he won the national high
school slam dunk contest 4 years ago.Watch out for him!

David might have been the best player at the pre-draft camp in
Chicago, and probably played himself into the first round
between that and his individual workouts.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I am still pissed off that no one drafted Matt Walsh.
All he did was wow the scouts with his talent only to
be snubbed.I wonder what he will do now.What a shame.
This kid can really shoot the basketball.I guess on the
bright side,he still has his girlfriend who was a former
playboy playmate.lol.Good luck to him.

JD074

Master
He should be signed as a free agent. Andres Nocioni was an undrafted free agent last year, and he ended up being a very good contributer for his team. At the very least he can play in Europe or the NBDL.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I checked NBA.com's player stats, and there is no Matt Walsh listed. I take it he is out of the NBA.

The only reason I'm interested or know anything about this guy is a result of this article:

Florida Gators

in which a fight between Walsh and a freshman named Corey Brewer (black) was alleged to have taken place in April '05. Brewer decked Walsh, and shortly thereafter Walsh declared for the draft. And we know the rest.

I'm wondering, for one, if this story is true, and two, the circumstances of the altercation. 'Cause it seems to be grossly unfair that one player levels another and is not disciplined or thrown off the team. In the meantime, Walsh is now out of the NBA while the guy who punched him is in the Elite Eight.

Is Walsh just another white guy ran off the court by violent Negro behavior, or is there more to the story?

guest301

Hall of Famer
I was suprised when Walsh declared for the draft, Now we know why.

G

Wow, notice how that Brewer guy gets praised for punching Walsh. Brewer said something about florida being soft and he was trying to prove otherwise so he punches a teammate. I will be rooting against Florida...i dislike the mulatto noah a great deal.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i don't know anything about the incident related above, but i do know that Matt Walsh quit his NBADL team, the Arkansas Rimrockers earlier this season.

he literally just walked out of the team's hotel without telling anyone and never bothered to show back up, or contact the coaching staff, or the league, or anything. as of now, he is no longer welcome back to play in the D-league. so odds are that his NBA future has gone down the drain unless something really weird happens.

i'll admit that the guy could flat out play ball, but that is a chump move. it's hard for me to pull for a guy who would do something as pathetic as that.

KG2422

Mentor
Maybe he just didn't want to play on the same team as Blacks. I don't blame him. He should play in Europe or Australia. The teams there aren't coal Black at least.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
again, i say white flight is for pussies. if you're gonna let someone else take what you love away from you, in this case basketball, then you deserve to get walked on. if you're gonna play basketball, sooner or later you are going to have to take a spot away from one of the home boys.

quitting is never going to earn you anything.

KG2422

Mentor
I didn't say he should quit playing. I said he should play with his own people. If he wants to play in the NBA, he needs to get some seasoning in Europe instead of the NBDL, and tell his agent to contact the Jazz.