Matt Hasselbeck

cxt7

Guru
I really hope he can find a new home this offseason, he is a free agent. I have started to believe that he is a top 5 qb in the NFL, but his terrible receivers and his cry baby running back are holding him back, from what I have seen of him he is a Tom Brady type QB, He plays the game with a lot of heart and desire.

Bart

Hall of Famer
I agree with your opinion. Matt is a very talented player working in a dysfunctional environment. He put up some greart numbers when having something to work with. During the playoff's his receivers dropped more passes than they caught. The star running back is a wack job, wanting the ball every play. He had a fit when Holmgren called for Matt to run the ball for a TD in a big game. He claimed he was being dis-respected, needed some yards to break a record. Instead of dumping him they'll probably kiss his a.. next year and hand the ball to him every play. Pathetic!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hasselbeck won the NFL Quarterback Challenge last year (Byron Leftwich, the only black entrant, finished last), which shows he is a very good all-around athlete. I think Mike Holmgren is as much to blame as any other factor for his regression in '04. He is a destroyer of white players' confidence. Holmgren's reputation was built on the success of Brett Favre when he was at Green Bay, but Favre would have been a great quarterback under any head coach.

Seattle's receivers simply have terrible hands, yet their jobs are never in jeopardy. A white guy who had half as many drops over the course of a few games would have quickly been out of a job. In fact, Holmgren never gave Bill Schroeder and Travis Jervey a chance to develop in Green Bay, but Koren Robinson and Darrell Jackson make mistakes literally by the dozen and Holmgren continues to play them. The other receivers they use are all slow (Alex Bannister, Bobby Engram, Jerry Rice), while potential stud Jerheme Urban is left undeveloped.

Shaun Alexander is one of the best running backs in the league. He is generally one of the nicer black athletes in the league as well despite his temper tantrum after the last game of the regular season. I don't think he is holding Hasselbeck back, it's Seattle's hands-of-stone receivers and Holmgren's anti-white nature and failure to optimize Hasselbeck's ability.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don, you are so right about Holmgren. When Schroeder started running back kick-off's he was doing pretty well, first or second in the league, until he fumbled. Holmgren went on a tirade and often used him as the teams whipping boy. Do you recall the time Holmgren grabbed Bill by the jersey and neck choking him? HasHolmgren ever choked a black player? Schroeder was humiliatedand sincethen the press crucified him. He could make the most sensational catch, barely getting a note of approval.

One year after constantly being berated for dropping too many passes a sports crew checked every game tape and found out he had the fewest dropped passes of all the players on the team! Listening to the talking heads you would think he dropped every other pass. I blame the press in Wisconsin, they hated him from day one. They said he was too *******y. He also hung out with the kickers.

Even when he made many, many sensational catches the headline always was, "What a pass from Favre." If the ball was thrown a yard over his head and two feet behind him it was always his fault for not catching it. His last year with thePackers he was leading the league with about a 23 yard average per catch. He was accused of breaking off a route in a loss (was Brett's fault) and eventually ended up in the dog house.

One Monday Night game against the Redskins he burned Champ Bailey and flew past him for a 50 or 60 yard play, Champ lllooked like a chump. Madden said "GEE, he has deceptive speed." Deceptive speed?! The guy was a world class sprinter. The fastest guys on the team were Don Beebe, Jervey and Bill. Beebe who was with some great teams in the NFL, said Schroeder was the BEST athlete he ever saw. Could dunk basketballs effortlessly with both hands and had a 41 inch vertical leap. He never even played football in high school and took it up late in college. With a little nurturing he could have been great.

I could go on and on about him and the lengths the press went to to make sure he would be bounced. You wonder why I rag on the media all the time? I despise those worms.

I

surfsider

Guru
Schroeder had to have been a great athlete to have hung on as long as he did. Unfortunately for him, Schroeder could be the poster boy for the caste system. I saw him make a TD catch this season(it may have been a Monday night game) of a long ball that came straight over his head and that he had to lay out for. It was a great catch and the announcers did nothing but say that it was a well thrown ball. They didn't even reference Schroeder on the catch or make any mention of the DB that was no where to be seen.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That was a Monday night game fairly early in the season, Tampa vs. Oakland, and Schroeder finished with 4 receptions for over 120 yards, the last one being the great TD catch. He didn't see the field of play after that and Gruden eventually cut him and he is undoubtedly finished in the NFL.

Madden would say vicious things about him on air. Bart, you probably remember that various media pundits and other self-professed experts even blamed Schroeder for the rapid demise of Antonio Freeman.

Schroeder was universally despised by fans and media alike. It was nasty and vindictive, and completely irrational. The collective, subconscious self-loathing of white sports fans seems to need certain people in particular to fixate their hatred on more than others, and Schroeder was the one in football. Bill Romanowski was probably runner-up, then there was Bill Lambeer and Christian Laettner in basketball, J. J. Redick in college hoops, and others that could be named.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The Caste System has done a good job of making us hate our own people. In any other place, it wouldn't make much sense. I wonder if it will get better if there are even fewer whites in the NFL, or will it get worse as it has been?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If you look at the services that rank high school football players and then look at who the top programs are recruiting, it's not getting better. Only about 15 percent of the top ranked high school recruits this year are white. The Caste system is institutionalized in a number of ways. It's going to take widespread awareness and opposition to it before it begins to change.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Col. Reb, our entire society has been poisoned by puppet masters who infuse every aspect ofit with multi-cult anti -white propaganda.

Don, you are correct about Freeman. When Schroeder began getting playing time, Freeman, who was never fast was at the stage where he looked like he was wearing concrete boots. Of course he claimed Bill was not getting open , so Freeman was getting double teamed. Even when Bill would have a great game Freeman would complain . Gimme da baw, gimme da baw, I be da star, gimme da baw! Of course Brett would force balls his way and get loads of picks. By the way Freeman dropped far more passes than Schroeder FACT!

The press echoed the statements of Bill not getting open but I knew better. I would record games and show friends how often Bill was -wide-open not getting the ball thrown to him while Brett threwto Freeman. The fans just parrot what the media geeks tell them.

Romanowski and Laimbeer didn't kow tow to the brothers, they didn't accept being subservient, fought back at timesanddidn't take all the crap. A good caste player must always know his place, which is far,far,far in the back of the bus.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Bart you are on the exact same page as me. I have been supporting Bill Schroeder for years. He was my favorite player with the Lions. Here in Detroit he was disliked by everybody. The scorn for him was so wide I could not believe it. I almost got into a bar fight once with a guy who was so angry I would even think of saying good things about the guy.

We have talked about Bill several times here on Caste football. He is a nice decent family man who had the misfortune to possess tremendous physical skills in the caste system NFL. To get an idea of how talented Schroeder must have been imagine the difficulty of ANY white receiver playing and starting in the NFL, then multiply that times the fact he played at a tiny University, times the fact he did not even play in high school, times the fact that he was so disliked. Imagine tha pure talent he must have had to make coaches and GM's in Green Bay, Detroit, and Tampa, say "let's get this guy even though everyone hates him and he is a white receiver.

I just cannot fathom the life Bill Schroeder must have led. I hope he writes a book someday. It will rival the oppressive bigotry that black players say they experienced in the old days.

I think it's fantastic you taped games and showed people that Schroeder was open all of the time. That was one of the problems I had refuting anti-Bill bias, not enough evidence. Since they rarely threw to him his stats were not good and people said that was proof he sucked. I once made a chart and posted it on a Lions chat room showing that Charles Rodgers and Johnny Morton (who Bill replaced in Detroit) had more dropped passes (by far) and that Schroeders career numbers were better then Mortons or Az-Hakim (the bum the Lions have now). did little good but got more white guys angry.

Laimbeer was a favorite of mine too. It was a joy to see him knock down players and throw elbows. The sucker punch he received from Robert Parish in the playoffs was one of the all time cheap shots in sports history, yet you never see it replayed. Parish didn't even get a foul for it although the NBA suspended him all of one game for taking a full haymaker blind punch at another player!

Bart

Hall of Famer
Jaxvid, We are on the same page, no doubt about it. A pass hitBill on the back of the helmet, so a mediot said Brett and he are never on the same page, then Madden, Maas and everybody said it. Donald Driver has been hit in the back of the head with a pass, he and Walker had plenty of mix-ups , broken routes etc. but NOBODY said they were not on the same page, that was reserved for the alleged imbecile.

It is amazing that every black does a boogie, jive dance routine, with a couple other bud's joining in. If Shroeder so much as spiked the ball or signaled first down he was pilloried as the personification of arrogance and selfishness. He should write a book about the locker room treatment.

Speaking of sucker punches. Do you remember Kareem Jabbar sneaking behind Kent Benson and sucker punching him, Kent was never the same after that. How about Tomjonovich getting legally assaulted? It's a familiar pattern. Look at the video's of the Piston players going into the stands. The first guys they attacked looked like little white kids. And who the heck threw a chair? Duh!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This fight goes way back but I will never forget seeing footage of it as a teenager. Minnesota and Ohio State were playing a college basketball game in 1972 when a brawl broke out along racial lines. Several black Minnesota players ganged up on OSU's white center. They knocked him to the floor and then one of them jumped up and down on his head. The player? Dave Winfield, future baseball Hall of Famer, and also recipient of one of the best derogatory nicknames of all time when George Steinbrenner dubbed him "Mr. May" after his huge flameout in the '81 World Series.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Schroeder short armed a pass in one of his first games as a Lion and from there on he was labeled as "alligator arms". One time and it stuck forever.

I was watching one game in his last season here and Harrington tried to force a ball into heavy coverage and it was knocked away, a poor throw, the announcer said that Bill had to generate more "space" between him and a defender, a couple plays later Harrington throws an interception Bill's way and the announcer says that Schroeder had to get closer to the CB's and give his QB some help! No matter what he did it wasn't enough.

The crazy thing about Schroeder was he was such a nice guy. Why all the hate? With Laimbeer at least he could be a dirty player but Schroeder was clean as they come. Also Schroeder was a great downfield blocker, no doubt another reason he played alot. I'm sure coaches are exasperated with the black receivers that pout when the ball doesn't come their way and do no blocking. If you taped video of Bill I'm sure you saw him wiping guys out downfield. That may be another reason they didn't like him. The unspoken agreement among black players is that the ball carrier goes out of bounds and no one downfield does any serious hitting so as to avoid contact (and hard work). Bill was violating the rule by blocking in the secondary.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Jaxvid, You may have to consolidate these posts into a Schroeder thread. LOL I remember Schroeder was criticised for not learningto push off as Moss does on every bloody play. So, Bill began doing the little light push off right before the ball comes to create a little separation, whammo the flag came out quicker than greased lightning. He actually was pretty slick but never got away with it like the do rag crowd.

Also Bill was the first guy to congratulate a team mate for making a good catch or scoring a TD, never reciprocal I might add. I heard a big shot writer on a talk show say that he was surprised by all the people who write him saying how good they thought Schroeder was. The writer said he saw absolutely NOTHING about Bill that was praiseworthy. I wrote him and other media dolts letters (snail mail) and asked them what the heck did he do to them to warrant such vitriolic diatribes? I told them it had to be something personal because they were just unbelievably vicious. Surely his play on the field didn't merit constant condemnation! NO replies.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Poor Hasselbeck! All the grief he has had up to now and add the QB killer coach to it.