Master of the Obvious Retires

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I know some here like John Madden, who retired from broadcasting today, but I found him for the most part to be an incredibly well paid buffoon. His Everyman style had a lot of appeal to football fans and non-fans alike, but from a Caste perspective he did a lot of damage over the years with his endless stereotyping of players and athletes, precisely because he had such influence. Look at how many great white players his Raiders teams had in the 1970s on both sides of the ball and how he rarely if ever he deviated from the Caste System party line as an announcer. Even his video game was full of miscategorizing of white players from what I understand.

There was somethingweird looking about him too in later years. He reminded me of a 350 pound opera singer. Edited by: Don Wassall

StarWars

Mentor
Madden the videogame teaches teenagers all over the country the superiority of black athletes. White tightends never had the speed to score long touchdowns in it, even players like Tony Gonzalez and Heath Miller, although they had good hands.

He was definitely a hypocrite who made white athletes out to be "hardworking" and blacks to be "talented."

Although I'm not too happy he retired because the younger generation seems to be even more brainwashed.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Making all white teams in madden is always fun though
smiley1.gif

StarWars

Mentor
Leonardfan said:
Making all white teams in madden is always fun though
smiley1.gif

I love doing that. I make them really fast and strong too. Wes Welker, Tom Brady, Matt Jones, Peyton Hillis, Jacob hester, Brandon Stokely, Matt Light, Brian Urlacher, John Lynch...never lost a game.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
All I ever heard from Madden was the same old caste horesh*t we've grown so accustomed to with every other stoog. For some reason, this caste fat-cat was treated like annoucing royalty.

He used "their" terms for whites every chance he could...you know, Hard-Working, Lunch-Pail, Overachiever, High-Motor.

Good riddance, hopefully Madden can be replaced with a young caste-jew-boy who's daddy knew someone in TV. I hope the "new generation" of annoucers are as blatantly reverse racist, arrogant, and unfair as humanly possible. Maybe then the pot-bellied DWF's will wake up from their black coma.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The names I heard being bandied about today as replacements for Madden were Cris Collinsworth
smiley8.gif
and Mike "Dumbo the Elephant" Golic
smiley8.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i had the "pleasure" of working a college football game that Mike Golic was involved in a few years ago. that guy is as big an a-hole as i've ever met.

even now that he's lost all that weight thanks to Jenny Craig or whatever, i suspect his a-hole hasn't lost a bit of its stature.
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

I have written before on the Forum that John Madden was considered by some to be a lightweight as a head coach. This was because with Al Davis (who was Raider coach during 1963-65) as owner, Madden did not have authority over drafting, trades, or cuts. Al Davis had the final say in this area.

In other words, Al Davis would get the credit when the Raiders won and not the blame for losses. It was thought that Madden must not be a strong coach since he agreed to these conditions. I have read that Madden received many offers from other teams to be head coach but turned them down to stay under Davis in Oakland.

However, Madden did run the Raiders on the sidelines and the locker room. He had to handle the players directly and Oakland had a LOT of head cases on the team. Davis went out of his way to sign players who were problems elsewhere. In their way, Madden and Davis were not hard to play for, and could get production out of problems on other treams. It should also be said that any Raider player who caused trouble was gone. Very quickly. As Don says, the Raiders had a lot of great white players during Madden's time as coach.

Madden would not have made the HOF without being a popular TV personality for decades. Still, John Madden deserves credit for his achievments as the Oakland Raider head coach from 1969-78.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
What's weird and disturbing is Madden's persona as a clownish figure. Watching a game meant getting a prescribed dose of superior affletes and an injection of a somewhat scatter-brained white man. A double assault. Could have very well been the intent from the beginning. Now comes the highly inventive caste linguist - Chris Collinsworth.Edited by: Quiet Speed

P-NutLane

Guru
My daddy and I disagree on Madden. He thinks if John Madden said it, then you can take it to the bank. I think he is a funny guy, even when he isnt trying to. I know one thing for sure, the game he puts his name on each year is full of underated whites. Matt Jones speed is 88, compared to Devon Hesters 100, Randy Moss 94, and Donavn McNabbs 89.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If Devon Hester's speed is 100, I'd like to know what Matt Giordano's is. (Giordano is the safety on the Colts who gained at least 10 yards on Hester in the open field during Hester's kickoff return in the Super Bowl. Here's a fuzzy YouTube video of it by a DWF):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AploKz0rCms&NR=1

Watch Giordano's closing speed on this one (previously linked in the Giordano thread in the Colts forum):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MNtFVMolVI

Europe

Mentor
I heard one former Raider say that they would have won several more Super Bowls if they didn't have Madden as a coach. I can't remember the player.

Europe

Mentor
Jimmy Chitwood said:
i had the "pleasure" of working a college football game that Mike Golic was involved in a few years ago. that guy is as big an a-hole as i've ever met.

even now that he's lost all that weight thanks to Jenny Craig or whatever, i suspect his a-hole hasn't lost a bit of its stature.
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

Golic has contempt for the fans. He says he was never a fan.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Don, you know what? the cheering of the Drunk loser fans in that video of Hester's touch down sickens me. It reminds me of why I never watch a complete game in the NFL. However, that white running back from the Broncos might bring me to the table this season. We shall see.

Note: Golic is a PIG. And Collinsworth is a mud skipper!
smiley36.gif

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Look for MNF to place a " dark horse" in the slot left by whitey.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
WHITE NOISE said:
Look for MNF to place a " dark horse" in the slot left by whitey.

Considering that the NFL Network is about 75 percent of the athletic master race when it comes to on-air personnel, it wouldn't be surprising in the least. Who knew Blackie had been so vastly under-represented in broadcasting over the past 40 years?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Not watching much tv these days, I had no idea Madden retired. I'm glad though.

My favorite quote about John Madden comes from Frank Caliendo. "I like John Madden because he makes me feel smart!"
smiley36.gif

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I've never really had an announcer/analyst I really liked per-see besides UGA's Larry Munson & ABC Color Commentator (& Arkansas coach/AD/legend) Frank Broyles. As for Madden, he seemed a bit overhyped, and I could take him or leave him. Edited by: DixieDestroyer

foreverfree

Mentor
BION I never paid much real-time attention to announcers' rhetoric. I wait for the dissections (with heavy reliance, since I discovered it, on CasteFootball.us . ) When tuned in, I pay more attention to the score than the windbags' blab. So I can't comment on Madden's rhetoric or who might succeed him.

As for the question as to whether Madden's girthy bod is taking up space in Canton, Tom Flores won two SB's with some of the guys (correct me) he inherited from Madden (Gene Upshaw comes to mind), and he's not in the HOF. Go figure, espcially since Flores is a Latino.

John

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to see Troy Aikman get Madden's gig, but it looks like it's Crissy boy as the heir apparent.

There is something I remember about reading magazine articles about Raider players in the 1970's. I recall stories about George Blanda in particular. Blanda was quoted about his admiration for Al Davis, especially "now that I'm playing for him." The player would not say that he was "playing for John Madden," but that he was "playing for Al Davis."

When the Raiders were in Super Bowls XV and XVIII, the press focused on Al Davis rather than Tom Flores, who was supposedly the coach. This was noted by some at the time. This is why neither Madden or Flores were considered to be strong coaches by the pro football world. The feeling was that a strong figure would not want to coach under Davis, who had the major say on all personnel decisions, and was considered "coach in the press box."