Martin Luther King Day

I hope everybody reading this is ebjoying a day off from work. Which is about all that this holiday is good for.

I wounder if there will be a MLK day 50 years from now. Only blacks celebrate this. Whites just tolerated it. If the Jorge Bush plan continues, we will have more Mexicans. They hate blacks. If the number of Chinese and asian indians increase, this holiday is gone. It means nothing to them.

Bring back Washington's birthday!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I've never had the day off. The only people that get it off are govt workers or union shops and a few places that have an extra holiday to stick somewhere.

It's only been a few days since the New Years/Christmas vacation. Why can't they move this to early April?
smiley2.gif

Not me. My place of employment is open on Martin "Lufer" King day. I unfortunately have to go to work tomorrow.
smiley18.gif

cutty

Guru
"Why can't they move this to early April?"

Move it to February 29th. It'd be on leap year, plus it's during black history month. So we'd be killing 2 birds with one stone.

Tom Iron

Mentor
"Dr." Martin Luther King

Wouldn't people be interested to know that the MLK plagiarized his doctoral thesis in divinity school?

What a bunch of baloney it is having a day for this commie slob.

Tom Iron...

There are schools openon MLK day? The teacher's union never turns down a day off.

MLK day is the day that black people have off and white people collect overtime- an easy day of overtime.

Meanwhile, bring back Washington's birthday.

Realgeorge

Mentor
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes!
Remember why the Good Lord made your eyes!
So don't shade your eyes, but
Plagiarize! Plagiarize! Plagiarize!
But be sure first always to call it please, "Research!"

King is not worthy of the immortal lyrics of Tom Lehrer. Just another slimeball Commie from the National All-African Communist Party (NAACP)

aussieaussie

KING IS NOTHING MORE THAN A MANUFACTURED HERO THAT WAS PACKAGED AND SOLD FOR CONSUMPTION FOR THE NEW AMERICA. IN REALITY HE WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A WHORE MONGERING,COMMUNIST AGITATING,CLOSET BISEXUAL GOOD FOR NOTHIN. HOW PEOPLE COULD ACTUALLY TRY TO MAKE A HERO OUT OF AN ABSOLUTE PIECE OF SH*T IS BEYOND ME.
smiley11.gif

screamingeagle said:
There are schools openon MLK day? The teacher's union never turns down a day off.

MLK day is the day that black people have off and white people collect overtime- an easy day of overtime.

Meanwhile, bring back Washington's birthday.

Wisconsin's schools are open.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
We are getting off for MLK day at BYU, and even back home in Mississippi the mostly white private schools are letting out now, under the guise of MLK/Robert E. Lee Day. What a disgrace to one of America's greatest generals!

For those of you in the Deep South, where it is still a state recognized holiday, happy Robert Edward Lee Day everyone!

1830s
lee.gif

Robert_E_Lee.gif

jb_civil_surrender_1_e.jpg
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
On ESPN radio today, Michael Irvin was complaining that they had New Year's Day off, but not MLK day. He was trying to put Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann on the spot, asking them why they were working today when they didn't work on New Year's.

Olberman stuck is foot in his mouth, because he said they don't have New Year's DAY off, they're off because of the rest required for the hangover they got by partying on New Year's EVE.

Michael Irvin said, 'so, now you're telling me that MLK day doesn't even rate better than a day off to recuperate from a hangover? You get the day off for a hangover but not for MLK day??' You should have heard Olberman trying to back peddle. The PC tap-dancing of these two (Patrick and Olberman) every time Irvin comes on the show is pathetic. Edited by: White Shogun

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
The PC tap-dancing of these two (Patrick and Olberman) every time Irvin comes on the show is pathetic.

Shogun, I heard the show and feel the same way. I certainly don't always agree with those two, but they arequite intelligent and speak the language very well. Then the oafish fool comes on, and they both take a seat at the back of the bus. It is sickening how they cater to that cartoon figure. Reggie Miller is another clown, not nearly as goofy as Irvin of course, but he always sounds and acts like a silly 13 year old in the lunch room.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bart, I agree with you. Miller is marginally better than Irvin, at least you can understand the words coming out of his mouth. Irvin is almost in the same class as Shannon Sharpe when it comes to unintelligble commentary. Both of those guys speak like their mouth is full of marbles, or stuffed with cotton after a visit to the dentist's office.

Wisconson schools are open today! Another reason to move to Wisconson. I cannot wait until I put West Detroit... er Chicago in my rear view mirror.

My state does not recongnize Lee's birthday but all the Southrons where I work make a point of wishing each other a Happy Robert E. Lee day.

PitBull

Guru
Somebody should have asked Michael Irvin why the guys on ESPN had to
work on Veteran's Day, or "President's" Day. I wonder what Michael Irvin did
to celebrate Veteran's Day, to give thanks to the hundreds of thousands of
american soldiers who did for freedom, as well as the millions who served
and the millions who were permanently disables and wounded for the same.
I also wonder what he will do to celebrate the bogus "President's" Day
(Washington and Lincoln's birthday) when it rolls around next month. That
would shut him up.

White Shogun said:
On ESPN radio today, Michael Irvin was complaining that they had New Year's Day off, but not MLK day. He was trying to put Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann on the spot, asking them why they were working today when they didn't work on New Year's.

Olberman stuck is foot in his mouth, because he said they don't have New Year's DAY off, they're off because of the rest required for the hangover they got by partying on New Year's EVE.

Michael Irvin said, 'so, now you're telling me that MLK day doesn't even rate better than a day off to recuperate from a hangover? You get the day off for a hangover but not for MLK day??' You should have heard Olberman trying to back peddle. The PC tap-dancing of these two (Patrick and Olberman) every time Irvin comes on the show is pathetic.

Sounds like a story that Kyle Brownnose and Sheila Vapid-Breathless would be reporting about.
smiley36.gif
Please, like its those two idiots fault that the network scheduled them to work today.

One of them should have grown some balls and said to Irvin..."Take off work? Why? To celebrate the birth of a communist, prostitute-abusing plagarist? No thanks, Missa Irvin, I'd rather earn a days pay."

But that'll never happen. Edited by: Ground Fighter

Deus Vult

Mentor
Bart said:
Reggie Miller is another clown... he always sounds and acts like a silly 13 year old in the lunch room.

I think this every time I hear Reggie Miller on ESPN radio. I don't even know anyone else who listens to sports radio during the workday, so I had no one to 'compare notes.' My work puts me on the road during the daytime, so on occassion I catch Dan Patrick, Rome, Olberman, Cowhurd and these other assorted clowns. But back to Reggie Miller, what a disturbing freak! He is so unlike the typical black affalete (as represented by Deion Sanders or Michael Irvin) in terms of what he says and how he says it, yet still chillingly repulsive.

Quadre Ishmael is a weirdo, too. Quadre and Reggie make that TV sitcom "Erkle" look normal by comparison.

If The Playmaker wants to pay proper tribute to Marxist Looter King, he should snort some illegal substance off a hooker's backside (again).

cutty

Guru
First of all, Michael Irvin is the last guy that needs to complain about not having a day off on mawtin lufa da king day. As if what he does is work anyway. He sits there in his zoot suits and gets paid to run his freakin sewer about football. And before that, he played football. He probably hasn't had a real job his whole life.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Deus, feel free to post your thoughts on ESPN's cadre of idiots here on this forum! I listen to their shows throughout the work week during football season, so we can compare notes.

I tune into the other talk radio stations after the Super Bowl, until the draft.
smiley36.gif

foreverfree

Mentor
The last MLK day that I *didn't* have to work was in 2004. And that was largely because I was unemployed at the time (I was between temp jobs).

John