Malignaggi vs Porter

Westside

Hall of Famer
Well its up to Shumenov to get things corrected tonight by beating and finally ridding us of bopkins.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Well its up to Shumenov to get things corrected tonight by beating and finally ridding us of bopkins.
It would be nice to see than the racist Hopkins get KOed tonight.

But the referee and boxing judges will do all they can to help Hopkins, and the commentators will be extremely biased in his favor.

The deck is stacked against Shumenov.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Im disgusted in myself for being so emotionally invested in a boxer. Ive watched Paulie his whole career, and went from hating him for being a wigger, to liking him for his boxing knowledge, to loving him for his heart. Im gutted seeing him get his ass whooped like that. Its almost as if he didnt train for this fight.

Hopkins enters the ring wearing an alien mask. What a freaking clown!

Westside

Hall of Famer
After 6 rds, I have Bopkins and Shumenov tied. Shumenov is letting a 50 year old man dictate the tempo. If he doesn't step on the gas, Bopkins is going to con his way to a another win. Bottom line Shumenov is not doing enough. Boring fight.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
After 6 rds, I have Bopkins and Shumenov tied. Shumenov is letting a 50 year old man dictate the tempo. If he doesn't step on the gas, Bopkins is going to con his way to a another win. Bottom line Shumenov is not doing enough. Boring fight.

Well said. Calzaghe showed the recipe for beating Bopkins. Throw a ton of punches. Shumenov needs to start throwing like a wild man.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I guess living in Amerika, Shemenov is having a hard time believing in body punching. pathetic. letting his old man pot shot. I am disappointed in Shemenov as friggen fighter.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I have Hopkins up by at least 2 or possible 3 points. Shemenov? WTF! The Showtime crew is saying that Shumenov is "self trained" If so, how stupid.

After 7 rounds I have Hopkins ahead 4 to 3. Showtime's commentary is extremely biased. And after 6 rounds Al Bernstein had BHOP up 60-54. Excuse the language but what the ****? Bernard didnt land anything in round 1 so he definitely lost. Rounds 2 and 4 Bernard barely threw anything and was outworked. I guess for Al and the rest at Showtime its impossible to give Beibut a round and even in round 1 when BHOP landed 0 punches Al still gave him the round. After each round they only show highlights of BHOP's punches. 100% Biased in favour of BHOP.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Kovelev, would destroy both of these fighters in the same night. How stupid is Shumenov for not attacking the body or combos. F him he deserves to lose.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I have stopped watching. And only listening to this fight.

Westside

Hall of Famer
You know since being on CF I have defended Asians for their work ethnic, morality and intelligence. Here Shumenov, is the exception to the rule. What a friggen idiot as a fighter. If its true that he self trains, then it seals the deal. Toward the end, Hopkins made him look like a amutuer and silly. At least Quigg got a win for our side.

Wow, they are calling it a split decision! That knockdown cost Shemenov the decision. Dumb ass.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Every fight Hopkins wins adds to the legacy of The Welch Dragon Joe Calzaghe.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Now, the drumbeat begins for Stevens vs Hopkins fight. I can not believe it, I will be pulling for the former felon ***** Stevens against Hopkins!. BTW, both are convicted ex felons. Unreal. All the while Kovolev is pushed out for the time being.

In fairness, BHOP is a very tricky fighter. It's easy for us to criticize Beibut, but BHOP is a hard opponent for anyone and has only lost to great fighters. Showtime's scoring was INCREDIBLY biased. They had BHOP winning 119-109 and 118-110. Those are horrible scores and as I said they literally awarded BHOP rounds were he seemed to have not landed a single punch. The replays always showed BHOP landing punches and ignored all of Beibut's success.

Westside

Hall of Famer
In fairness, BHOP is a very tricky fighter. It's easy for us to criticize Beibut, but BHOP is a hard opponent for anyone and has only lost to great fighters. Showtime's scoring was INCREDIBLY biased. They had BHOP winning 119-109 and 118-110. Those are horrible scores and as I said they literally awarded BHOP rounds were he seemed to have not landed a single punch. The replays always showed BHOP landing punches and ignored all of Beibut's success.
BS 2, no doubt Hopkins is skilled and HOFer. But I just do not like him as a sportsman. Remember when he told the sports world, "I will never let a white boy beat me!" So glad that Super Joe beat him. Bottom line he is more of racists than anyone I know of. F him.

Beibut outworked BHOP over the fight outthrowing him 2 to 1. Bernard landed cleaner but was noticeably inactive. You can make the argument of a very close fight either way. Figures the 2 American judges went for BHOP while the Panamanian went Shumenov. Anywhere in the world other than USA this fight is probably a draw.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
To say I'm upset with yesterdays results would be an understatement. Konecny was just too short and giving up too much reach to get to Blackstar Quillan. Paulie was extremely disappointing and Shumenov should have found a way to beat the old man.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The racist Hopkins is ranting about going to Canada to fight Stevenson, as if Fonfara doesn't exist.

If Fonfara beat Stevenson, and then went on to beat Hopkins, that would be poetic justice.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Paulie loses by KO. Paulie had no power to keep Porter honest. Porter just steamrolled him. I think this is Paulie's last fight. Oh well, he had a good career.
This will be Paulie's last fight as a top contender. I hope he realizes that the jig is up but this boxing and sometimes it takes a few losses like this to bring the reality home. In the past Paulie had the footwork and hand speed to make a fight like this competitive, but I noticed his blazing hands are now just decent and his footwork while decent isn't what it was when he fought Cotto years ago. As for Porter his crude rugged style resembles a sub novice amateur but he knows how to close the gap and puts together punches well. He will be a handful for any top welterweight. In other words Gayfeather will duck him too....:grin:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Beibut outworked BHOP over the fight outthrowing him 2 to 1. Bernard landed cleaner but was noticeably inactive. You can make the argument of a very close fight either way. Figures the 2 American judges went for BHOP while the Panamanian went Shumenov. Anywhere in the world other than USA this fight is probably a draw.
I found the fight tough to score neither fighter threw enough punches to say who won many rounds. I guess circling the ring and making childish faces sweeps rounds where nobody is doing anything..... Beibut had to know that in rounds like this he wasn't getting the benefit of the doubt from the American judges. Also he needs to hire a trainer, even somebody like me who could at least light fire under his ass as he just let Hopkins rest and do what he wanted in terms of energy.