Luke Harangody -- Notre Dame

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Cardinal can shoot pretty well, although his range doesn't really extend quite to 3 point land like Luke with any consistency. Glen Davis is not an outside player that's true. Madsen I have just heard compared to any white rugged player who is a slightly undersized PF who lacks great leaping ability like Harangody; but with Harangody it might be true as far as his inside game. I think Harangody will make it in the league; but he'll be more of a 6th or 7th man hustle guy who can provide a scoring and inside rebounding spark; IF HE GETS THE CHANCE.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

j41181

Master
Harangody is like Dan Issel, Dolph Schayes, and Jerry Lucas. Not athletic, but possesses decent agility and craftiness on both ends. Like those 3 greats, he's got the range.Edited by: j41181

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I'm surprised I didn't get chastised for saying that Harangody should realistically be a late 1st round pick next year and for my analysis. I truly think the guy will only be a decent 6th man or so in the NBA; Hansbrough is a much better prospect; he's a little taller, faster and has better hops.

I could be wrong; Luke is VERY crafty, very strong and has great footwork and will surprise you making plays with his hustle and certainly has the game smarts, but at 6'7 (his legit height) when you are a very average all-round athlete for an NBA PF prospect it will be hard to make it big in the NBA.

He also doesn't show good foot-speed or lateral movement on the defensive end in man up D, although his agility seems NBA caliber on the offensive end.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins said:
I'm surprised I didn't get chastised for saying that Harangody should realistically be a late 1st round pick next year and for my analysis. I truly think the guy will only be a decent 6th man or so in the NBA; Hansbrough is a much better prospect; he's a little taller, faster and has better hops.

I could be wrong; Luke is VERY crafty, very strong and has great footwork and will surprise you making plays with his hustle and certainly has the game smarts, but at 6'7 (his legit height) when you are a very average all-round athlete for an NBA PF prospect it will be hard to make it big in the NBA.

He also doesn't show good foot-speed or lateral movement on the defensive end in man up D, although his agility seems NBA caliber on the offensive end.

i think every undersized power forward gets lowballed in the draft.

good luck to him in the league. hopefully he goes to a good team where he can help a team win.

j41181

Master
pistol pete said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:

He also doesn't show good foot-speed or lateral movement on the defensive end in man up D, although his agility seems NBA caliber on the offensive end.

i think every undersized power forward gets lowballed in the draft.

good luck to him in the league. hopefully he goes to a good team where he can help a team win.
The problem with today's NBA? It's always about speed on both ends, and then you have an average, yet crafty athlete in Harangody, who would've dominated a game anytime in the 70's and 80's. Officiating in the NBA today is so stupid, phantom calls, lots of uncalled traveling, flops, ticky-tack fouls. In the 70's and 80's, white or black, you had to play a man's game, no whining on a simple play. The NBA today is always after out of the ordinary guys like Wade and James, very little room for average JOE's like Harangody. That's equality for all for you. I doubt Harangody will get off the bench, let alone get drafted. Like I said, no such room for ordinary looking guys him. It's all about tatoos and thuggishness.

j41181

Master
Harangody had 31 points in a needed win over St. John. That was his best game in a while. He also shot 2-3 from downtown, something he'll need to do more in the NBA.

guest301

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
Harangody had 31 points in a needed win over St. John. That was his best game in a while. He also shot 2-3 from downtown, something he'll need to do more in the NBA.

One of the announcers compared Harangody to former Duke star and current NBA star Elton Brand in that game.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
That is a fairly reasonable comparison and I'm glad to hear that; Brand wasn't much better than average athletically for a draft worthy PF prospect and is undersized too. But Brand is 6'8 I believe with a better reach and is "slightly" more athletic IMO. I think Tyler Hansbrough compares to Brand. especially for his inside game, quite a bit and probably will even test out better than Brand athletically.

Still though with Harangody's entire skill set I think he could make it in the NBA as a good 6th man energy guy off the bench.

j41181

Master
Harangody has some Brand alright, Brand is slightly more athletic as mentioned. Harangody is definitely quality 6th man or even part-time starter like Matt Bonner. Harangody is certainly way better than Bonner, and better than several black grunts in the NBA. This guy has the total package.

j41181

Master
NIT tournament:

Harangody goes BOOOM!!!!

30 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal

10-22 FG's, 2-4 3pt's, 8-11 FT's

Notre Dame wins 77-67 over Kentucky.

guest301

Hall of Famer
The announcer last night compared Harangody to black players Jason Maxiel and Paul Milsapp and criticized the NBA scouts concerned about his 6'7 3/4 inch height.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Notre Dame has made it into the semifinals of the NIT. They play Penn St. this tuesday night in Madison Square Garden and the Irish have alot of alumni and fans in that neck of the woods. Harangody is the MVP so far in the NIT.