Luke Harangody -- Notre Dame

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
He has been unstoppable!

[url]http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/players/playerpa ge/1139265[/url]

And, it says he is only a Sophomore! If so, there will be at least another year of Luke -- for THE Irish.

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Blue Devils

Mentor
Harangody had a great game against Texas in Maui tonight. 29 points and 11 rebounds
smiley32.gif
I'd like to see how he and Hansbrough match up against one another tomorrow night in the final.Edited by: shawn1262231

guest301

Hall of Famer
shawn1262231 said:
Harangody had a great game against Texas in Maui tonight. 29 points and 11 rebounds
smiley32.gif
I'd like to see how he and Hansbrough match up against one another tomorrow night in the final.

Looking forward to this game. It's amazing how white the Notre Dame team is. I saw as much as four whites out on the floor most of the game for the Irish.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Harangody might be the best inside player (minus Psycho T) and Kyle McAlarney might be the best shooter in the country. ND is gonna be fun to watch this year as they go deep in the tourney!!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Harangody vs Hansbrough is what college basketball should be all about! That will be more than a battle it will be a war!!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
What a warrior!
smiley20.gif

I'm now convinced that he has a more complete game compared to Psycho-T (hook shots, fade away jumpers, a better rebounder and better foot work).

It saddens me that Notre Dame is missing 1 or 2 parts that would get them over-the-hump.

Luke was rated the 24th best PF by the Rivals idiots. He has proven himself to be A LOT better than that!!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
What a warrior!
smiley20.gif

I'm now convinced that he has a more complete game compared to Psycho-T (hook shots, fade away jumpers, a better rebounder and better foot work).

It saddens me that Notre Dame is missing 1 or 2 parts that would get them over-the-hump.

Luke was rated the 24th best PF by the Rivals idiots. He has proven himself to be A LOT better than that!!

I was thinking the same thing last night, Deadlift. I think at the very least that Harangody is on par with Hansbrough. The last five times I have seen this guy play he is dropping in 26 points and double figure rebounds on some stiff competition. Tyler's brother Ben Hansbrough will be playing for Notre Dame next year and I wonder what he will say when he is inevitably asked to make the comparison. Harangody has got some of the sickest post moves I have seen in the college game for awile and he can face the basket and shoot as well.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
You guys are right, he does have all the offensive moves. Great talent indeed. I wish he was a bit more of a high flier but I'm nit picking seeing how he is built like a NFL lineman (and not the sumo type
smiley36.gif
).

Seeing Georgetown get thrashed by the mostly white ND team was a great sight too. Seriously, when was the last time Georgetown had a white player in their rotation?!?!

Also, I've said this before but Kyle McAlarney is the best shooter in college I've seen. Stephen Curry gets all the attention but Kyle has a quick release and can pull the trigger from anywhere. Did you guys see the one he drilled over some afflete from well beyond NBA range last night?!? He's a senior and I hope he doesn't get the Gerry McNamara treatment from the NBA.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Freethinker, I think McAlarney will get exactly the McNamara treatment. He's a good college player who will get no chance to play professionally unless it's overseas. If you are a white american college basketball player, you either have to be a bruising beast like Hansbrough and Harangody(perception, I think they are athletic) or a freak athlete with hops like Chase Budinger.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
This is true guest301. I guess the days when every team had at least one guy who could shoot the lights outta the gym are over. Guys like Mark Price, Steve Kerr, Jeff Hornacek, Reggie Miller, etc have no place in the modern NBA game now. If JJ Reddick didn't make such a big name for himself in college he would have never been drafted probably either. Most teams have numerous players who can only run and jump (doing little else), why not have a few guys who can just make shots?! I guess its because that is a skill that white excel in and that is not allowed.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Freethinker said:
This is true guest301. I guess the days when every team had at least one guy who could shoot the lights outta the gym are over. Guys like Mark Price, Steve Kerr, Jeff Hornacek, Reggie Miller, etc have no place in the modern NBA game now. If JJ Reddick didn't make such a big name for himself in college he would have never been drafted probably either. Most teams have numerous players who can only run and jump (doing little else), why not have a few guys who can just make shots?! I guess its because that is a skill that white excel in and that is not allowed.

Right on the mark, freethinker. You just proved that the old cliche "winning is the only thing that matters" does not always apply to the NBA. Otherwise, high percentage shooters like McNamara would have a place in today's NBA.

Blue Devils

Mentor
The Irish play in 30 minutes. I'm hoping for another dominant performance
by Gody tonight.

So far Luke is averaging 24.5 ppg 12.7 rpg 1.4 spg
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Blue Devils

Blue Devils

Mentor
Blue Devils said:
The Irish play in 30 minutes. I'm hoping for another
dominant performance
by Gody tonight.

smiley32.gif
The Irish lost to Louisville in OT. Statistically Gody had a good game with
28pts 13reb 2stls 2blks. The point guard Tory Jackson made some dumb
decisions (7 turnovers) and really cost them the game especially in the last
play of regulation.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
Blue Devils said:
The Irish play in 30 minutes. I'm hoping for another
dominant performance
by Gody tonight.

smiley32.gif
The Irish lost to Louisville in OT. Statistically Gody had a good game with
28pts 13reb 2stls 2blks. The point guard Tory Jackson made some dumb
decisions (7 turnovers) and really cost them the game especially in the last
play of regulation.

I agree, Tory Jackson really dribbled himself into way too much traffic on the last play of regulation and because of that the Irish couldn't get off a last second shot to possibly win a hard fought road game against the #20 ranked Cardinals. I hate to lose a game I have spent two and a half hours watching due to stupid stuff like that. Tory is not all that bad a player usually and is a important contributor to the Irish but he really messed up on that one play. You have to get the shot off in that situation.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Not to harp on things negative, but I've been checking out alot of mock drafts lately and Gody is getting zero love. Most don't even have him being selected. One had him getting selected as the second to last pick in the second round!!!!
smiley7.gif

Now I know Luke doesn't have the typical height, size, weight, etc for PF at the NBA level, but he should be a late first rounder at worst. Somewhere, slightly after Hansbourgh IMO. Playing in the Big East is good prep for the NBA and I think he can make the transition.

Even for the caste system, this one shocked me a bit.

j41181

Master
Harangody is hands-down an awesome player, the best player outside Hansbrough (dig their names).

Either 1 of these 2 should become a star in the NBA, if only the unfair caste system was not in the way. You have to blame the 90's for developing it in the first place.

Dirk and Nash did as much they ever could to prove that white guys can become superstars in the NBA, in this day and age.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I sure hated to see Notre Dame get beat by Pittspuke today. I didn't watch the whole game, but ND was beating them pretty good in the first half only to wilt in the second half.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The announcers are right that ND would be an upper level team if they had one more consistent scorer. I love Harangody but right now he is carrying the team in scoring. Maybe, little hansbrough can provide some consistency next year.

Blue Devils

Mentor
McAlarney is usually that second option but he's been inconsistent as of late. To me, it seems teams have figured out that you can let Harangody get 30pts 10rebs and still beat Notre Dame. When Gody and McAlarney are "on" they can be competitive with any team in the country.Edited by: Blue Devils

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Luke Harangody was great tonight as Notre Dame demolished Louisville 90-57.

Harangody had a season-high 32 points. One would think he deserved the game MVP award, but for some unknown reason, it went to Ryan Ayers, the son of the failed poster boy for black college head coaches, Randy Ayers.
smiley21.gif

If ESPN didn't want to give it to Harangody, it should've gone to Kyle McAlarney who also had an outstanding game.

j41181

Master
Harangody is the man! He and Hansbrough are the two best white ballers in college hoops, and the two best white hoops prospect for the NBA. I just hope any of them can succeed in the NBA this time around, after the busting of Redick and Morrison.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I disagree that Harangody is in the same league as Hansbrough as an NBA prospect. Luke Harangody should legitimately be picked somewhere between 15-30 IMO, unless he tests out athletically much better than I expect.

Harangody, to my impression, is built like a TE, he's very strong, but doesn't get good lift on his leap. He is a great all out effort guy, with great footwork who has pretty good agility in the lane as a scorer. He has tons of craftiness as a scorer and will rebound pretty well at the next level and is very strong; he'd likely be a Brian Cardinal type player in the NBA. He will get his shot blocked more than you'd like at the next level inside and doesn't have the speed for the outside; but he'd be a quality 6th or 7th man on the right team who could bring a spark off the bench.

He will also have trouble on D, either against speedy SFs or long and athletic PFs. He isn't the athlete Hansbrough or Love are and is more undersized than them at only 6'7 by many reports.

BTW if you think this is caste analysis it's not. Most draft sites have Harangody going at the bottom of the second round and Hansbrough (who I think should be drafted between 3rd and 8th depending on how he works out) going between pick 21-30 this year; I try to be fair. They try to be nuts!

Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

j41181

Master
Hansbrough, I think can be more like a David Lee, considering both have the strength, speed, and hops.

Harangody, could be more like Nick Collison, but only better to a certain extent. But who knows, like Hansbrough, I sense something special in Harangody.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It's a matter of opinion I guess. I personally think Harangody is going to be a like a shorter Glen Davis or a Mark Madsen, Brian Cardinal type. He seems like he has more will power though, then those guys, and is a very crafty player so I could see him as a 6th or 7th man scoring spark.

Hanbrough, I see as an Elton Brand caliber scorer. You could compare him to Kevin Love or David Lee too. I think he'll be a stud.

j41181

Master
Harangody will make a solid 6th man or part-time starter, regardless of what NBA team takes him. He has an inside-outside game that seems way better than Glen Davis, Brian Cardinal, and especially Mark Madsen.

Hansbrough, is more like Love or Lee, because Brand just has a more fluid and overall offensive game (especially from the mid-perimeter). Though he may be undersized, another player I can compare to Hansbrough is Chris Kaman. Kaman is just a terror down low, so is Hansbrough.