Long Jumper Scott Mayle

whiteCB

Master
of Ohio University is going to the NCAA tournament in the long jump as he qualified with a jump of just over 26m. He is also a standout WR on the football team and the fastest running a 4.3 40.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
26 feet and 10 inches into a strong wind.Man is that
incredible.This guy can do it all.The is the 2nd longest
jump in the nation this year.I would love to see Scott
win it all at the National Championships coming up in
a few weeks.Good luck to him.

sunshine

Mentor
I have heard of Mayle. I may be mistaken but I believe Mayle is of Arab descent. Which is whiteI guess in a round about way. I believe Indians (from Asia) are also considered white despite dark skin tone?

Scott Mayle - 6' 1" 175lbs, born 1983, from Philippi, WV. Parents Hiram and Rosa Mayle.

39.5 verticle leap best on the football team.

Ran a 4.23 40 yards in the spring.

3989.jpg

bigman

Guru
well that is about as strong a jump as one can expect at tne NCAA level...

4.23 40? And he can jump like that and still he is only playing WR at a small school? Surely it's not because Ohio University is a track powerhouse. Every big-time football program would have been salivating over a kid like this if he was black.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We all know why is it at Ohio?The Caste System never
seems to let up.You could run a 4.0 in the 40 and
if you are white,they still wouldn't want you.What
a complete joke.This kid is one hell of a athlete and
hopefully will win his first long jump title.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It is good to see Mayle having a good year in football so far for Ohio.They are suprising some people.I wonder if Scott will pick football or track after college.It will be a tough decision.The money is in football but only if they draft and play him.At least in track,he will determine how far he can go.What a talent!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
As Jimmy Chitwood has noted, Ohio has a pretty bad (white) starting QB. I watched the Ohio-Pitt game and can confirm it. Mayle was a non-factor even though Ohio was desperate for some big plays on offense. He needs a quarterback who can get him the ball.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Mayle got 4th at NCAA indoor LJ last weekend.
Trey Hardee took 2nd.
Not too bad.
Also remember that last year and the year before at the NCAA outdoor champs, whites took 1st AND 2nd place in the LJ. So there's some solid evidence that white men can jump.