Linas Kleiza

G

Kleiza started on thursday for the Nuggets in place of Kenyon Martin, and responded with 41 points.

While there's no reason to expect another game like that, hopefully he can have more good games while Martin is out with a staph infection.

In an ideal world Linas would play well enough to replace Martin, an open and admitted anti-white racist.

nevada said:
Kleiza started on thursday for the Nuggets in place of Kenyon Martin, and responded with 41 points.

While there's no reason to expect another game like that, hopefully he can have more good games while Martin is out with a staph infection.

In an ideal world Linas would play well enough to replace Martin, an open and admitted anti-white racist.

I saw that. he had a good game. I don't know how he plays, but he is probably more fundamentally sound than K-Mart. Kenyon Martin is mostly all talk. he has never really rebounded well. he just dunks and blocks some shots. he is a glorified Stromile Swift.

But I could see Kenyon Martin in the NFL. He would be perfect.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I recall Kenyon Martin saying something about Keith Van Horn when they where both on the Nets like "Keith Van Horn's got some ups, I think he's actually a light skinned black." Another fellow Net Vince Carter when asked if he could guard Dirk Nowitzki responded by saying something like "I would own Dirk- he's a spastic white guy." Yet these quotes are considered amusing by the media not racist when a black makes them.

I'd like to hear a white player say something ridiculous like "Chris Paul is an unselfish playmaker. The kid's got amazing court vision, he must be part white!" Let's see how the media responds then.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

G

Linas started in place of Carmelo Anthony today, who was out for the game. He put up 23 points.

G

Kleiza with another great game. He could be breaking out.

j41181

Master
I feel sorry for this guy right now. He's virtually stuck on the bench. I guess he needs to learn playing better defense. Let's hope George Karl is kind enough to give him some big minutes. 5-10 minutes is just too little for Kleiza. Edited by: j41181

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
I guess he needs to learn playing better defense.

don't buy into the propaganda, mate. Kleiza has been known as a tough defender since he came into the league. in fact, it was his toughness on defense and his energy on the glass that earned him his roster spot. claiming that he can't lock down on defense is laughable nonsense.

the widespread notion thatno White player can play defense is a complete fabrication brought about by the caste system propaganda in the game of basketball.

j41181

Master
JC, I have always believed whites are solid defensive players. What irritates me is that, players like Linas Kleiza and JJ Redick often get benched for "poor" defense. What in God's name is George Karl thinking?

Linas Kleiza played well in the first round, but now, he's on getting 5-10 minutes of playing time. Really very irritating! Kleiza plays solid defense, better than Dirk in some ways. What does George Karl see in him he does not like? I for one see nothing wrong in his game defensively.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Sounds, like JC may have misunderstood that you were being sarcastic. I agree with you guys, that Kleiza has a complete game. White players are often hit with cheap fouls- like Redick the other night. Redick looks like he's become a very solid defender.

green fire317

Banned
yeah redick had a great game the other night vs philly. he also made some key free throws at the end of the game to ice the game vs the celtics.

guest301

Hall of Famer
green fire317 said:
yeah redick had a great game the other night vs philly. he also made some key free throws at the end of the game to ice the game vs the celtics.

Redick was like a shadow all night on Ray Allen. Whenever Ray Allen penetrated, Redick kept up with him and Redick fought through every kind of screen and pick to stay with Allen. A major part of defense is willingness and 100% effort, Redick gave that last night.

j41181

Master
Gotta give some kudos to Kleiza!

Despite limited playing time, he's able to chip in 16 and 10 points in games 2 and 4, both Denver wins. If defense is still the issue why Kleiza is not getting lots of minutes, then there is really an ugly perception whites can't play defense, when Chris Andersen is actually having a great impact on both ends, especially on defense.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Kleiza is headed to Europe to play ball.

Nuggets executive Mark Warkentien said Kleiza has chosen to play for Olympiakos, agreeing to a two-year deal worth more than $12 million. Warkentien said Kleiza's agent, Bill Duffy, informed him of the signing Monday. Duffy was flying back from Europe and unavailable for comment.

Kleiza, who provided the Nuggets with an outside shooting prowess off the bench, was extended a qualifying offer by the Nuggets in June, making him a restricted free agent and guaranteeing him a $2.7 million salary this season.

That's an 80 percent raise from the $1.5 million he earned last season but nowhere near what Olympiakos was willing to pay the Lithuanian forward who played at the University of Missouri.