Larry Holmes on Wladimir Klitschko: "Naw man he ain't did nothing"

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Larry Holmes says Wladimir Klitschko has no jab.

[video=youtube;Rry76Jvyxns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Rry76Jvyxns[/video]

a5308860

Banned
A few more title defenses and Wlad will pass Holmes' record.

Holmes was always a racist.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
This is rich coming from Holmes. Those of us around in his heyday remember how he was dogged constantly that his competition was weak and he was an undeserving champ. He never got much respect by the same crowd that worshiped the ground Ali walked on. I chalked the media bias up to his bland personality and the desire for another smack talking black hero. Sad that he thinks doing the same thing to Klitschko is okay.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Homes is just jealous. Both Wlad and Vitali would of demolished him. He fought at a weak period when a 200 pound man was still a heavyweight.
They were even smaller. The Italian he fought was 195 or so, the Frenchman was a similar size, so was Leon Spinks. Even the builds of the fighters were different. Most cruiserweights now sweat down from 210 to 215 pounds to make the limit and are essentially "small" heavyweights. Comparing this era to that era is essentially apples and oranges.

Ps Holmes has always been bitter/jealous of other boxers accomplishments. I don't know if he is truly racist as he has stated he is friends with Cooney and has a White son in law. Of course this could be a case of "I'm not racist but...."

Ambrose

Master
They were even smaller. The Italian he fought was 195 or so, the Frenchman was a similar size, so was Leon Spinks. Even the builds of the fighters were different. Most cruiserweights now sweat down from 210 to 215 pounds to make the limit and are essentially "small" heavyweights. Comparing this era to that era is essentially apples and oranges.

Ps Holmes has always been bitter/jealous of other boxers accomplishments. I don't know if he is truly racist as he has stated he is friends with Cooney and has a White son in law. Of course this could be a case of "I'm not racist but...."

Glad you brought up cruisers. Some cruisers these days are bigger, better, and badder than the heavies of the 80s. Holmes never faced a Dmitry Kudryashov, who hits hard enough to punch through a car door, and would have been a monster heavyweight back then; nor did he even face a David Haye, or Thomas Adamek, other modern cruisers who would have had death grips on him.