Krzysztof Wlodarczyk

white is right

Hall of Famer
[video=youtube;7w4yfU8grpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w4yfU8grpY[/video]
One word for this huge upset is schools out! He took a blue chip prospect to school and drowned him in deep waters. That said the Russian can improve from this as Marco Huck was schooled similarly and he is probably the best cruiserweight in the world and is on a near record title defense run. Time will tell if this fight ruins the Olympic gold medalist.

Finally saw the fight, my thoughts;

First of all what a tremendous fight. My hat goes off to both guys on a truly amazing fight. Fights like this are why I am a boxing fan and why I think boxing is the best sport in the world.

Kris showed a great heart, resolve, and fighter's mentality, particularly when he was dropped in Round 3, and after getting up, immediately began looking for big right hand counters himself. That shows his "fighter mentality", that after getting dropped like that, he was still dangerous and in the fight. Kris survived a huge storm in the early rounds. By the end of the fight, Kris had shown incredible conditioning, punching power, and excellent timing on his left hooks. Kris's left hook is definitely his "money shot" and he timed it perfectly on the inside to stop Chakhkiev. Congratulations to Kris on a truly remarkable, come from behind win!

As for Chakhkiev, in hindsight he probably could have used more pro fights heading into this fight. It seemed to me like fatigue greatly contributed to this loss, and Rakhim should have paced himself more (perhaps easier said than done however). He threw his load in the first few rounds, and when Kris was still there fighting back, he couldn't deal with it. He needs to improve his pace, stamina, and defense/boxing ability. Fighting at championship level you have to pace yourself for 12 rounds and you need to have more tactics than just a mauling attack.

Be interesting to see where Kris goes from here, this win certainly moves him high up in the rankings at Cruiserweight. Ive heard some people say that the contract for this fight included a rematch in Poland (regardless of the outcome of this fight), but I can't see that happening now based on this result. Kris Wlod vs Denis Lebedev would be an absolute war at some point (once Denis is rested and back in form). Kris vs other titleholders, Jones, Huck, or Hernandez would also be interesting fights. I don't think many guys will want to fight Kris after this fight though!

Great fight, and truly a remarkable win for Polish Warrior "Diablo"! :)

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Compare the Russian and Polish national anthems there with the way they have some hideous negress shrieking out the American national anthem here.