Kraj vs. Fragomeni for WBC title

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
There goes nevada again bashing whites fighters.

Nevada openly supports black fighters and bashes white ones under a different username at boxingscene. I'm not sure why he posts here at castefootball.
smiley5.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
JD1986 said:
whiteathlete33 said:
There goes nevada again bashing whites fighters.

Nevada openly supports black fighters and bashes white ones under a different username at boxingscene. I'm not sure why he posts here at castefootball.
smiley5.gif

I dont either JD. Why come here and attack white fighters?Does he have nothing better to do with his time? I bet deep inside he wanted Hopkins to take Calzaghe.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This is a stupid question. I recently went camping with a bunch of buddies and one kid told me Joe Calzaghe is playing soccer for some english team. Any truth to this?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
This is a stupid question. I recently went camping with a bunch of buddies and one kid told me Joe Calzaghe is playing soccer for some english team. Any truth to this?

He's not on a professional team. He may play recreational soccer to help stay in shape.

G

Byrd is a shell of himself, after coming down from the Heavy weight division. Him failing at Light Heavyweight at 37 yrs shows why Fitzsomons and Jones were special fighters. In that they won or were aleast very competive against elite fighters.

Calzaghe's looks to be in the driver's seat of the Light Heavyweight division. I see him defeating both Roy Jones and Taver. After that he will be a true "Legend Killer". He will get these two fighters to fight in England no doubt. I look forward to these fights and Joe coming out victorous!

Blue Devils

Mentor
Is this fight still on? I haven't been able to find out any new info on the fight for quite some time. Edited by: shawn1262231

Sean

Mentor
I've been a big Fragomeni fan for a while, but I'll be pulling for Kraj here. He's younger, and coming off the big win over the much hyped Matt Godfrey. Still, I'm just hoping for a great fight.

Anybody see the Haye/Fragomeni fight? Fragomeni cut Haye really badly, and was doing very well against Haye. He was stopped in the 9th when his corner wouldn't let him continue after he was dfown once. I think it was a very poor stoppage, Fragomeni didn't protest, but he was really tired. I think he was on his way to winning that fight.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Sean don't worry about Haye. Either of the Klitschko brothers will expose him. His defense is weak. I doubt he'll do better than Peter. He probably will never get a chance to fight either Wlad or Vitali as he will have to go through Povetkin or many others. He will lose bad.

Sean

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Sean don't worry about Haye. Either of the Klitschko brothers will expose him. His defense is weak. I doubt he'll do better than Peter. He probably will never get a chance to fight either Wlad or Vitali as he will have to go through Povetkin or many others. He will lose bad.

I agree. Haye has good speed and power working for him, but his endurance has been aweful at times. His chin has been dented many times at Cruiserweight. At Heavyweight he will get some big paydays. I think thats why he moved up, because guys like Kraj, Adamek, Alexeev were moving up quickly, and Haye possibly foresaw a loss in his future. Better to take that loss to Wlad in a huge money mega fight between undisputed Heavyweight vs. Undisputed Cruiserweight.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
We should have a new white champion in a few days, Rudolf Kraj.

Interestingly, although most boxing fans have never heard of him, he already has a little respect in the boxing forums because he beat the undefeated the African-American, Matt Godfrey.

I'm hoping to find a livestream for this fight.Edited by: JD1986

Blue Devils

Mentor
Can't wait for this fight. Whether Kraj or Fragomeni wins we'll have another world champion
smiley32.gif
I hope we find a stream.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
This should be a good fight. On Dec 11th we have Adamek vs Cunningham as well so we could have another white cruiserweight champion. The fight will be taking place at the Prudential Center in Newark and hopefully I will be in attendance.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
We have a new white champion: Giacobbe Fragomeni.
smiley32.gif

Fragomeni wins WBC cruiserweight title

BoxRec shows Kraj lost by RTD (retiring on his stool after the 8th round), but they may have made a mistake, perhaps it should be TD (technical decision).

According to fightnews.com, Fragomeni suffered a bad cut from an unintentional headbutt, and so the fight was stopped by the referee. Because Fragomeni was ahead on all three cards, 77-74, he won.Edited by: JD1986

Sean

Mentor
Great job to Fragomeni. I think it may have been too soon a title shot for Kraj. He's still a good fighter, he just wasn't ready.

Sean

Mentor
And BTW, what's going on with these old fighters? Vitali, Hopkins, and now Fragomeni. Of course you can throw in Joe's success against Kessler and Arslan's title reign.

Blue Devils

Mentor
According to the Universum website the scoring and the outcome of the bout was controversial. Didn't see the fight so I can't comment on it but congrats to Fragomeni.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
I congradulate Fragomeni on his win. For him it is a wonderfull personal achievement to be a world champion. I have seen a few of his fights. He has survived a long time because of his discipline in the ring. Frag. always carries his hands high. When he throws punches his hands snap back in place, closing would-be openings, to protect his head from counters. It is not that he is a defensive fighter but that he takes the rule "protect yourself at all times" as his motto.

I like Fragomeni but he is limited. He is very small for a cruiserweight at 5,9" and has a short reach. He also looks like he has to put ON weight to make cruiser. He would be short as a middleweight -40 pounds below! Men with body types like him usually pack one hell of a punch, even with ordinary technique, but Fragomeni does not. These three factors: his height, his excess weight, and his lack of punching power tell me he is fighting in a higher weight class than he should. He lost to David Haye simply because he was the smaller man who put on weight to make the fight; he did not lose to Haye because of lack of skill or poor tactics.

Good luck to him but I think his reign will be short at cruiser.