Klitschko lines up Brock for IBF fight

Iron

Guru
This fight was probably more important than last weeks.Like the Black domination of the 70's and 80's,not every belt holder is good or even average for that matter,in the eighties you had alot of poor Black champions but the light of the division in them days and the major bread winners was the one or two outstanding Black fighters like Tyson and Holmes.Its the same with the Euro takeover,not every Euro that assumes title status is gonna be that good,the alpha males of the division are Klitschko and in future Povetkin.These guys are legitimate potential HOF'mers so from that perspective Klitschko losing would have been far worse than LYK'S defeat last week.

Klitschko is the most athletic heavy i've personally ever seen.If you look at all the intangibles he posseses,size,speed,power,rythm and a great variety of punching which set Lennox Lewis apart as a great champion but he never possesed Vlad's speed.Comparing Vlad to his much vaunted predessesers of the past gives you a real insight into the potential of this kid and the physical talent he posseses.Ali had the quickest hands in heavyweight history,Klitschko ,although not as quick also has great handspeed but he also has size and tremendous punch power unlike Ali.Shavers,Foreman and Liston could hit a wrecking ball off its hinges but none come close to Vlad in overall athletiscm and boxing ability for that matter.He would make a great offensive weapon in any sport,Basketball,NFL anything.If he's mentally right,trains well, remains focussed,he has the potential to put a great resume together reign for seven or eight years and go down as an all time great.Klitschko though,i have say unlike alot of other great White athletes does seem to be given alot of exposure in the all importand US market with the backing of HBO.Hopefully,this will give him the recognition amonst casual sports fans he deserves and aleviate the steareotypes.

jcolec02

Mentor
Povetkin, as well as Dimitrenko and Chagaev, are the future of the division...just go to youtube and watch there fights...

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I can't find any video of Povetkin anywhere. If you have a link please post.

JD074

Master
Same here. Dimitrenko and Chagaev but no Povetkin.

Man, Chagaev has a nasty left hand! Anybody know how tall Dimitrenko is? Looks like he has a pretty good reach, too.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Boxers lose fights, even the greats lost fights: Ali, Foreman, Dempsey. So why is it that everytime Vlad fights he gets ridiculed for his previous loses? My only conclusion is that it's because he is fighting now.

Those aforementioned fighters probably had the same encounters with detractors who questioned their ability after a loss. Then again, maybe it's just the caste media mentality to see a white fighter lose.Edited by: Alpha Male

Gary

Mentor
JDO74-that was a good clip of Povetkin.He is one of my favorite Russian fighters.I read where he wants a major fight in March.

Bunnyman

Guru
I remember seeing that little racist Spike Lee jumping up and down when Brock had a little rally in the 4th or 5th. He was pretty quiet when his boy got knocked out though.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Bunnyman said:
I remember seeing that little racist Spike Lee jumping up and down when Brock had a little rally in the 4th or 5th. He was pretty quiet when his boy got knocked out though.
Spike Lee thinks because he is rich and black he is entitled to be a honourary Knick. I have never seen one other celebrity ever sit in on team play, but I have seen Spike do that. I would love to see one of the bimbo floozies or John Lovitz try and do that for a Rangers game and eat some hockey glove..
smiley36.gif