Klitschko Austin

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Wlad said he was thrown off a bit because Austin was slower than he anticipated. He said Austin was slower than his sparring partners.
smiley36.gif

JD074

Master
Yeah, so much for Austin nullifying Wlad's size advantage (nearly identical height/ weight/ reach, didn't matter,) and so much for questioning Wlad's balls, chin, stamina, and heart!
smiley36.gif

Up next: unification bout! Preferably Klitschko/ Briggs! Or Klitschko/ Valuev, either one. We need at least one guy with two belts and then go from there.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
For all its worth now I had the first round a 10-9 for Wladimir. Not a very eventfull or exciting round. Second round Wladimir throws a leading left hook, Austin lowers on the ropes, Wladimir throws 3 more consecutive left hooks, Austin goes down and can't make the count.

Klitschko moved like a cat during this brief fight. Austin looked scared from the outset. Although those hooks landed cleanly, it still appeared to me that Austin fell down and stayed down. I think he could have got up but new he'd only die harder so he quit while he was ahead.

Lewis' comments through this fight seemed fair and he was not an a-hole. Fair play to Lewis. Even those clips HBO showed of Klitschko's former opponents were complimentary to Klitschko, authenticating his explosive power.

And, yes, to all those NFL brainwashed dunces that were fortunate enough to watch this fight, everyone, yes EVERYONE on HBO said Wladimir Klitschko is ATHLETIC.

JD074

Master
Maple Leaf said:
For all its worth now I had the first round a 10-9 for Wladimir.

Me, too. When I first saw the fight, I was too distracted/ nervous, and didn't think about it. When I saw it again at 10:00 pm, Klitschko was clearly in control of the round and landed the more effective shots.

dkr77

Guru
Did you guy's hear Wlad tell Larry Merchant "Austin critiqued my chin, my ball's and my heart." Look's like Wlad decided to stomp his a$$ quick for the lowbrow comment's.
smiley36.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
dkr77 said:
Did you guy's hear Wlad tell Larry Merchant "Austin critiqued my chin, my ball's and my heart." Look's like Wlad decided to stomp his a$$ quick for the lowbrow comment's.
smiley36.gif
Austin and his camp were whistling in the grave yard. Chirping crap to get under his skin. The glove incident was another case of gamesmanship. The problem is that boxing isn't wrestling and fights are won in the ring.......
smiley36.gif

Hockaday

Guru
I just watched the replay for the third time. Those Europeans do things a little differently. How about that boxing ring by Martha Stewart? Done in a very tasteful white decor. It really set off quite nicely the black that Klitchko draped on it.

And during Klichko's ringwalk they played those testimonials from Byrd, Brock, and Mcline describing how it feels to get hit by Klitchko. They all seemed strangely happy, as if they had found some sort of serenity through the experience.

What's up with those German fans booing poor Austin just for getting honestly knocked out? These were the same people who jeered Vlad when he had his bad night with Sanders. Tough crowd. No wonder Hitler kept to his bunker the last two years of the war.

The knockout. Say what you want about Austin, but no one has done that to him before. It was just an amazing athletic move by Klitchko. Edited by: Hockaday

Hockaday said:
Austin's a pretty cagey vet, so he should be able to survive into the second or third round before Vlad finds the range with either a left hook or right cross.

Damn, this post was spot on.
smiley36.gif

All I have to say is who is the next black hope at this point?

JD074

Master
white is right said:
Austin and his camp were whistling in the grave yard. Chirping crap to get under his skin. The glove incident was another case of gamesmanship. The problem is that boxing isn't wrestling and fights are won in the ring.......
smiley36.gif

What's the glove incident?

white is right

Hall of Famer
JD074 said:
white is right said:
smiley36.gif

What's the glove incident?
The Austin camp wanted punchers gloves and threatened to pullout of the fight if they didn't get them. Like it would have made a difference. I guess it could as Wlad wouldn't have needed 4 left hooks to wobble and drop Austin.....
smiley36.gif

The real winner of this fight was Don "the dirtbag" King. He risked nothing, delayed the possibility of Valuev facing Wald Klitschko. Did not get hit by a single punch and still got a decent sized payday.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Tired old White said:
The real winner of this fight was Don "the dirtbag" King. He risked nothing, delayed the possibility of Valuev facing Wald Klitschko. Did not get hit by a single punch and still got a decent sized payday.
At the end of the fight King was trying to cozy up to Wlad. You know King will do anything to sign a potential star like Wlad. I loved it when Lennox Lewis sold his worthless IBF belt for a SUV and 1 million dollars to King.....
smiley36.gif

Hockaday

Guru
Yeah, after the fight King was grinning with his flags in his hand, and it looked like Klitchko kept turning his back to him.

ironfist

Guru
Hockaday said:
Yeah, after the fight King was grinning with his flags in his hand, and it looked like Klitchko kept turning his back to him.

If I was Wlad,I would have smacked him.
smiley36.gif

Hockaday

Guru
King's lucky one of his fighters hasn't bounced him off the floor by now with all the crap he's pulled over the years. No doubt he never rides an elevator alone with one of them.