kitna or maddox to the ravens

G

no sense in having kitna and maddox stuck on the bench when they could start on the ravens.

G

What league are you watching? The Communist Football League? I'm pretty sure that these guys are valued as backups by their teams and wouldn't be given to the ravens for anything less than a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Where does Jody write that Kitna and Maddox should be given away rather than traded for value? Trent Dilfer was "stuck on the bench" in Seattle and now he starts for Cleveland and is doing well.

G

looks like the jets could use these guys too.

serious question: are you not allowed to trade players during the season in the NFL? i don't know the rules on trading players.

i don't understand why a team would sign unemployed quarterbacks that suck instead of trading for good quarterbacks stuck on somebody else's bench.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
i don't understand why a team would sign unemployed quarterbacks that suck instead of trading for good quarterbacks stuck on somebody else's bench.

Sometimes those teams don't want to deal their backup QB's. They've kept them as backups for a reason. Two recent examples I've heard mentioned in the news are Patrick Ramsey and Billy Volek. Rumors were flying that the 'skins and Titans would be offered a first round pick, but conventional wisdom says neither team will trade because of the fragile status of their starting Qb's, McNair and Brunell. And I wouldn't either, especially if my team has a decent record and still has a shot at making the playoffs.

Secondly, there are a number of guys who aren't suited up right now who are decent QB's in their own right. Testaverde is old but still a capable back up. Somebody should drag Jeff George out of mothballs and give him a shot. How about Tim Couch? These guys are sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring, but can't get any love. Who would you rather have, Anthony Wright or any of the aforementioned three?

See what I mean?
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Redskins have treated Patrick Ramsey like dirt this season. Conventional wisdom in the media is that they won't play Ramsey again under any circumstances, that Mark Brunell is merely keeping the starting job on a stopgap basis until Joe Gibbs wants to put black rookie Jason Campbell in there. I'll tell you one thing, those two long passes Brunell threw to Santana Moss to win the Monday Night game against Dallas were things of beauty. Like Akili Smith, Campbell's reputation is built on a good senior season and little else.

Ramsey has even requested a trade, very unusual for a white player. At any rate, you'd think the Redskins would be happy to unload Ramsey at this point. He's another first round white QB who hasn't gotten a fair shake, joining Tim Couch, Chris Redman, Cade McNown, and maybe Kyle Boller depending on whether Boller gets his job back when his injury heals.Edited by: Don Wassall