Kirk Hinrich

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Before the Bucks traded for Ridnour i was praying we could work out a deal with the bulls! . He will play for a championship team, he has a had a down year but will bounce back.

Luke Ridnour is enjoying a new life in Milwaukee, Kirk Hinrich will get one himself eventually. He's just going through a very rough stretch. Captain Kirk to Dallas please!!

j41181

Master
Captain Kirk strikes again finally!

31 points
smiley32.gif

8/14 FG's
5/83pt's
10/10 FT's

4 steals
2 assists
1 rebound

Chicago won 113-104 over Milwuakee. All this he did coming off the bench!Edited by: j41181

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Wow 31 on 14 shots..wow! Kirk needs to find a new home where he will start. I think he has close to as much all round ability as Rose and at this point should still be starting over him, but the Bulls have clearly chosen Rose as their team icon. Hinrich will be a top 5 PG in this league again!

There were actually Rumors that the T-wolves were trying to work out a deal to get Hinrich yesterday before the trade deadline. Telfair, Cardinal and Jason Collins for Hinrich and Safolosha I think; it is on Yahoo.

j41181

Master
Finally! Another great game from Hinrich:

24 points
smiley32.gif

10-23 FG's
3-6 3pt's
1-2 FT's

3 rebounds
8 assists
3 steals
1 block

Chicago beat Detroit 99-91, and Hinrich started for the 1st time in ages. Derrick Rose was not in the game. It's been a very dismal year Captain Kirk, the injury (broken finger), loss of confidence (poor shooting), and his displacement with the team (coming of bench). He doesn't deserve his position right, he's many times better than that.
smiley18.gif
Edited by: j41181

j41181

Master
Hinrich starts for a 2nd straight game and plays well:

15 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block

5-10 FG's
4-7 3pt's
smiley32.gif

1-2 FT's

Chicago won 106-87 over Miami, and the overrated Dwayne Wade and Michael Beasley.
smiley36.gif

G

They played Hinrich, Rose, and Gordon together almost the entire game. All three of them put up good numbers, and almost pulled it out. Luol Deng might be the odd man out if the Bulls continue to play small ball.

j41181 said:
Chicago won 106-87 over Miami, and the overrated Dwayne Wade and Michael Beasley.
smiley36.gif

Dwyane Wade overrated? Are you serious? With 29.8 ppg on 49% shooting, 7.5 assists, 5.0 rebounds, and 2.3 steals? Calling a guy overrated during one of the greatest seasons of all time is unfair.

If he had LeBron's or Kobe's teammates, he'd be a lock for MVP.

Kevin McHale said:
They played Hinrich, Rose, and Gordon together almost the entire game. All three of them put up good numbers, and almost pulled it out. Luol Deng might be the odd man out if the Bulls continue to play small ball.

j41181 said:
smiley36.gif

Dwyane Wade overrated? Are you serious? With 29.8 ppg on 49% shooting, 7.5 assists, 5.0 rebounds, and 2.3 steals? Calling a guy overrated during one of the greatest seasons of all time is unfair.

Being a huge U of Memphis fan I have been following Rose all season. just think if Rose and Wade had played together...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
pistol pete said:
Being a huge U of Memphis fan I have been following Rose all season. just think if Rose and Wade had played together...

how can any member of Caste Football be a "huge U of Memphis fan"?
smiley5.gif

Memphis hasn't had a white scholarship basketball player since Calipari became their coach! and i'm fairly certain that they hadn't had one in quite a while before that, either. seriously, man.
smiley5.gif
white people give their loyalty to establishments, programs, teams, and so on FAR too easily.

no white person in the country should cheer for Memphis, yet i attended2 NCAA Tournament games last year, and every fan wearing Memphis blue in the stadium was a white person (except for the player's family members).
smiley18.gif

unbelievably stupid.
smiley11.gif

j41181

Master
Kevin McHale said:
j41181 said:
smiley36.gif

Wade is a product of the NBA's hunt for another figure like Jordan (who I truly respect). Wade was already a very good player in Marquette, but so was Travis Deiner, who is unfairly benched his entire career. Wade got an NBA title no thanks to the refs, the NBA, and Dirk's teammates. Wade has even gone so far to criticize Dirk, and have his own brand of Wade band-aid. Well look how things have been for Wade in the last three years (an embarrassing playoff exit sweep, missed the playoffs last year, and barely making the playoff this year, no thanks to the East being so shallow again). And hardly any word of criticism on him, more like words of sympathy and excuses for him. You don't see that in Dirk and Nash (who work every bit harder than Wade to earn their keep).

Dirk and Nash would make the playoffs so easily if not for the West being so tight. Dirk has kept Dallas remarkably afloat (virtually on his own), despite Dallas being more pathetic than Miami at this point. And were is the praise for Dirk? Wade is still a great player, great because the NBA wants him to be, Dirk and Nash play also great, but depending on how much the NBA wants players like them to.Edited by: j41181

j41181

Master
Putting aside the Wade and Memphis thing, Hinrich has been playing so well as of late (20 points in his last game). I hope he can finish this season strong, he will be a hot trade commodity in the off season. I'm hoping he will get a new fresh start. I still think he's one of the best point guards in the entire NBA.

j41181

Master
Captain Kirk strikes again:

25 points (9-16 FG's, 3-6 3pt's, 4-4 FT's)
smiley32.gif

3 rebounds
2 assists
3 steals

Chicago trashes New York 110-103 to keep their playoff chances alive. One of Kirk's better games of the season. If he manages to finish this season on a strong note, expect him to be a hot trading commodity in the offseason. A lot of teams will be dying to trade for him.

j41181

Master
Way to go Captain Kirk!

He now has a big slice of NBA history:

18 points (6-13 FG's, 2-5 3pt's, 4-7 FT's)
3 rebounds
4 assists
3 steals

Bulls win an epic 121-118 double OT victory over the Zulus (Celtics). Kirk just played solid defense against Paul Pierce. The series is now tied 2-2. Fellow Bulls whitey Brad Miller was also solid:

12 points (4-6 FG's, 1-1 3pt's, 3-3 FT's)
5 rebounds
1 assist
1 stealEdited by: j41181

StarWars

Mentor
I hope the Celtics lose. Did you see the face Garnett was making at the end of the game where the Celts won on a 3 pointer, he looked like a neanderthal?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Garnett is certainly a man of some weird facial expressions, but he seems like a decent guy to me if you don't get too scared of his look. He just seems to get REALLY pumped up at times.
smiley36.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Boston Zulus! Good nickname J41181. Very true! They have zero true Celts on their roster, although Brian Scalabrine (Italian?) may pass for one with his red hair.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Celtics are a fat cry form the birrd years. Boston zulus fits perfect

j41181

Master
Captain Kirk played a gallant performance against the dirty stinking Boston Zulus:

19 points (6-12 FG's, 3-6 3pt's, 4-4 FT's)
4 rebounds
1 steal
1 block

The Bulls lost an unfair 106-104 loss to the Zulus, no thanks to Rajon Rondo
smiley7.gif
on his not-called flagrant foul-2 on Brad Miller, who went to the line very hurt. The Zulus will lose the 2nd round. I'm hoping for the Cavs to get to the Finals. I know Obama James is also annoying, but not as annoying as Boston.

Best of luck to Hinrich in the off-season. I hope he goes to a team that will give him real playing-time.

j41181

Master
Captain Kirk is a Chicago Bull again for another day:

11 points (4-11 FG's, 1-4 3pt's, 2-4 FT's)
2 rebounds
7 assists
2 steals
1 block

I praise Hinrich for not backing down against the racist Rajon Rondo (who swung his elbow at him). Hinrich simply was solid all throughout. Though this might be his last stint as a Chicago Bull, at least he's a big part of what might be considered as one of the playoff games ever, and the one of the greatest 7-game playoff series ever! Way to go Kirk Hinrich!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I believe that the lay-up that Kirk missed near the end of triple OT might have been altered by Rondo hitting the rim with his hand. The announcer mentioned this and they showed the replay and it looked like Rondo was very close to hitting the ball, but seemed to slap the backboard and then "possibly" the rim with his hand which may have shaken it.

No matter the Bulls pulled off an epic win! This is a great series and Kirk played a pretty good all round game and Brad Miller was just spectacular.

J41181, you think Rondo is racist? (you could be right). Personally, I think the elbow on Hinrich was a cheap shot from anger when they were battling for position, but the one on Miller may have been an overheated attempt to stop an easy basket to save the game. He hit Miller with the elbow, but I heard it wasn't a completely full swing of the elbow.

I really don't know enough about Rondo, but I will still be pulling hard for Chicago on Saturday!

j41181

Master
I might be wrong on the other hand wrong. But why would Rondo, go after the Bulls only 2 white players? It might be just a coincidence. He must be testing how tough these white guys are. But after game 6, I think he gets the message now.
smiley36.gif

j41181

Master
Nice to see Hinrich starting again, even though he'll never regain the level and form he had in his first 4 seasons.
smiley6.gif

j41181

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
j41181 said:
Nice to see Hinrich starting again, even though he'll never regain the level and form he had in his first 4 seasons.
smiley6.gif
Hinrich is starting now? 
Yup! The last 4 games, Del Negro decided to bring John Salmons off the bench. Hinrich's numbers have been quite good, but the results even better... Bulls have won 4 straight games with him starting!
smiley32.gif