Kirk Herbstreit

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
anybody else catch the ESPN Thursday night game between TCU and Utah? pretty good game, but what took me aback was when Herbstreit began talking about Utah defensive back Eric Weddle. Kirk was referring to a conversation he had with former Ute head coach Urban Meyer in which they were discussing Weddle, one of the best DBs in the country. "Weddle embodies a lot of the things i like about Utah football, an overacheiver type who makes plays," said Herbstreit. but Meyer said not so fast my friend, and corrected Kirk by stating that Weddle is an "incredible athlete" who would start for the Gators if he played for Florida. Herbstreit was "shocked" by that! anybody guess why?

any other notable slights to white athleticism by the talking heads at ESPN that you guys have noticed?Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I missed that.Thanks for another great example.It happens everyday all around this country.People just don't respect whites on or off the field regardless of your talent.Weddle is a stud!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It would be great if we had the resources to track this kind of stuff in a systematic way. It's very rare when I watch a football game and don't hear many comments that are racially based even though race is never explicitly mentioned, and almost always to the detriment of the white athlete or the enhancement of the black one. A lot of it's subtle to the uninitiated, but when you're tuned in to the Caste System and the many ways it's enforced, it's likewhenRoddy Piper puton the sunglasses in the movie "They Live"-- it's all out in the open when you know what to look for.

whiteCB

Master
Great example trust me I notice this crap going on all the time and a lot of fans I don't realize this type of subliminal messageing going on.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Well, he was at it again tonight, basically dismissing Miami's player's actions and saying it was a "class program" since 2000. What's more is that he said back in the 80s and early 90s Miami's players were "not the best when it came to sportsmanship." Hey Kirkmouse, why don't you just come on out and say you are pro-black and love thugs! What a spineless pansy pukeface!
smiley7.gif
In fact, micro-nuke in his head!
smiley34.gif

whiteCB

Master
Am I the only one who thinks Kirk is just one awful announcer. I don't mind him on Game Day too much but he just stinks in the booth. Kirk always is giving out "high motor" compliments towards white guys and gushing over the black players athleticism. I'll never forget the OSU-Iowa game this year when Herbie said NOT ONE athletic complement towards Anthony Gonzalez's awesome 30 yard TD scamper. If that wwas his loverboy Ted Ginn I think Kirk might have jizzed himself. He also never brings up any interesting analaysis or comentary to a game. Just always stuff that my mom could pick up on, football 101 type stuff.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Herbstreit speaks Caste-ese as reliably as any announcer in the country.