Kelly Pavlik

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
You're absolutely right - in fact, either Joe Calzaghe or the Danish boxer Mikkel Kessler would defeat the overrated Jermain Taylor. But Taylor himself knows it, and so he'll try to avoid fighting either of them.

I think Kelly Pavlik has better boxing skills than Edison Miranda, and punches just as hard as the Columbian, and so he will beat Miranda in a clean fight. However, "Pantera" uses every illegal trick he can, especially the head butt. I watched a video of his fight with Abraham, and saw Miranda first take a quick glance to be sure the ref (who was on the other side of Abraham) wouldn't notice, and then banged his head hard into Abraham's face. I just hope Pavlik is expecting Miranda's methods, so he will be prepared to avoid nasty head butts and rabbit punches.
Edited by: JD1986

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
I know Kelly Pavlik is the better boxer than Miranda. I also believe Kelly is a harder puncher. Pavlik is a sharper/faster puncher and will knock Miranda out. Miranda has taken shots from boxers and fights off balance. I think Pavlik will own him by moving him around the ring while dropping jab after jab until he hits him with the right. Go Ghost!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
According to boxrec.com, Kelly Pavlik's fight with Edison Miranda has been tentatively scheduled for Saturday May 19/07, in Memphis, Tennessee. The other half of this middleweight doubleheader will have Jermain Taylor fighting Corey Spinks.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Cool! I may actually have a chance to go see Pavlik fight. I'll be home be then. The only question is can I afford decent seats wherever they have it.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Kelly Pavlik (30-0, 27 KO) vs Edison Miranda (28-1, 24 KO) will take place at the Fed-Ex Forum in Memphis, and it will be televised on HBO.
smiley4.gif

I'm looking forward to this one. Kelly Pavlik is my favorite North American boxer, and I'm not a fan of Miranda, who Arthur Abraham says is "a dirty fighter". It is unfair that Miranda has already had a title fight (when he was 26-0 with 22 KO's and he lost to Abraham) while the more deserving Pavlik (30-0 with 27 KO's) has had to wait longer. But if he KO's Miranda, they won't be able to deny him any longer!
smiley1.gif
Edited by: JD1986