Katrina

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I hope Col. Reb and all other CF supporters and their friends and families are safe and sound. I've been watching video footage for the past hour, and the devastation is like nothing I've ever seen in this country from a natural disaster. Along the Gulf Coast it looks like the aftermath of the tsunami that hit SE Asia last December. What a catastrophe.

On a much less important note, it looks like the Saints will have to find a new home for at least part of the upcoming NFL season. The Superdome is damaged and it's going to take a while just to have the basics available again in New Orleans.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I wonder how much money the rest of the world is going to send us? Any resolutions floating around the UN for "Katrina relief"?

Any estimates?

What do you think?

smiley5.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The neo-cons have done such a good job of turning the world against us (except for Israel of course) that there will be little sympathy.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The neo-cons have done such a good job of turning the world against us (except for Israel of course) that there will be little sympathy.

Neo-con or no, I don't think they'd give the U.S. any money anyway, regardless of who's in office or if we're in Iraq or whatever. They never have before that I know of.

Do you know of any occasion when we've been offered disaster relief? I can't think of any but I'll definitely Google it now that we're on the topic.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
You're right that anyone would have to be beyond callous not to sympathize and want to help. The film footage of the damage that keeps emerging is horrible.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm safe in Utah now, but I wish I could say the same for everyone down there. I had a bad feeling about Katrina and told several people about it. I have had a feeling for some time now that N.O. would be wiped out by a hurricane soon. Looks like it will all be under water by the end of the day. They can't stop the breaks in the levee on Lake Pontchartrain.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i noticed this was mentioned on another post, but i wanted to put it here on the Katrina discussion. WTF is up with the blacks looting down there? even twoblack cops were caught doing it! WTF!?!
smiley7.gif
i'm sure the media is gonna neglect to draw any conclusions about them or highlight the overwhelming percentage of looters beingblack though...

can't the military, or just a regular civilian, pump a few rounds into 'em when they're caught doing that stuff? i can't believe it! i mean it isn't human to being that stuff.Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Bronk

Mentor
This is a catastrophe for New Orleans. The city has essentially ceased to function. People are stranded and wandering the streets in search of food, water, gasoline, etc. The situation is tense and volitile.

The authorities are shipping many of the refugees from New Orleans to us here in Houston.

Watch closely and get a lesson in what happens when the thin shell of civilization is broken and people are left to their own, knowing that civil authority is not there to crack down on them. Were it not for the water, the whole place might have already gone up in anarchy.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I've been involved in several discussions with various co-workers about the looting. No one ever says outloud what they're thinking; the closest they come is by saying, "Well, look at New Orleans, its very poor, its like Compton or Rampart in L.A....". One co-worker left the words 'black' and 'negro' out of his conversation but he used 'they' instead, as in "They don't think like the rest of us down there. They're different, without cops and everything to keep them in line, this is what happens." We all knew what he meant but no one will say its because of the NEGROES.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It's easy to see who's doing 95% of it. My Dad in Mississippi told me about it yesterday. Evidently, some reporter asked a black looter about what they were doing. They responded to the effect "we gots to survive, whatever it takes!" In other words, we do what we want. If I had a store down there, I'd have my gun too. I guess these people can't survive without 2 shopping carts full of name brand clothes and big screen TV's. The good news is, they can't do much with it now that the water is covering everything. It will be a loss anyway. Bunch of stupid idiots!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
If they could take it with 'em, the Astrodome would look like one huge flea market.

More than likely, the business owners will claim everything as a total loss anyway.

JoeV

Guru
Normally I would be against looting, but like White Shogun said they are going to write off everything as a total loss anyways, so if people want to take some things, it is not that big of a deal.

SteveB

Mentor
I am not sure the police could stop it if they wanted to. They (the police) are in terrible shape themselves. The reports that I have seen is they can't communicate or coordinate. They have to find their own food and water. I heard a report that they had to siphon gas out of the abandoned cars to keep the police cars running. They are totally overwhelmed. This is a disaster of epic proportions.

Here in Houston every hotel/motel room is booked. My wife and I have been working with our local ministry to provide food to some of the survivors staying the hotels in our area. These people have no idea when they can go back and check on their property. They don't know if they are going to get a paycheck from their employer. Few have the money to pay for a hotel for more than a week or two. It may be weeks before they can return. It is very sad indeed.

White_Savage

Mentor
Ta Waki Mumba said:
Well they can't show pictures of the white looters. They're all in Washington

Well, you speak truth that the actual damage done to this country by the nominally "white" politicians (Jewish manipulations being provably the ultimate source of most political diseases in this country.) do more damage than the black criminals in the long run, but a huge percentage of this damage is done by them excusing, covering up, and abbetting the criminality of blacks.

You don't like the fact that a huge number of your brethren are criminals, I don't like the fact that many of mine are brain-washed over-civillized wussies, but we won't change anything by ignoring reality.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
This is a disaster of epic proportions.

Its kind of surprising actually, that New Orleans lasted this long. A city on the Gulf of Mexico built below sea level? Who'd have thunk it?

As I understand it, it wasn't until two levees burst that the major flooding we see took place.

It still troubles me that not one nation in the world has offered us any assistance. Does anyone know of one nation that has offered aid? Has it been on the news and I've missed it?

They will all be crying in their sleep a few months from now when they can't afford to buy grain because we can't ship it down the Mississippi.

And someone, somewhere, has already raised gas prices in anticipation of market demand. From what I read, it was supposed to take about two weeks before we would feel the effects of the loss of the refineries, platforms, and rigs in the affected area. But gas price gouging is already up and running, in rare form. I know someone who owns a gas station; he is already paying $3.05 a gallon for HIS gas, I'm waiting to see what that will look like at the pump.

Katrina accomplished what terrorists have been trying to do for years - have a major effect on the U.S. economy. The repercussions from this disaster will be felt for a looooong time.
smiley6.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Someone once said,"Sports don't build a person's character, they reveal it." The same can be said for this incredible crisis. What we are seeing is the true nature of individuals as the layers of veneer are being stripped away. Edited by: Bart

Bronk

Mentor
White Shogun said:
It still troubles me that not one nation in the world has offered us any assistance. Does anyone know of one nation that has offered aid? Has it been on the news and I've missed it?

Yes, Germany offered aid this morning.

We have 12 folks from Louisianna in the house right now and three more on the way.

Heard that some dealers in Atlanta were gouging people for gas at $6 per gallon! The governor of Georgia had to warn that such leaches will face the law if they continue to do this.

I am old enough to remember the first energy crisis back in the mid-1970s. We are less civilized now than we were then and things were baaaaad then. I have taken to filling my tank every day just to stay somewhat ahead of the price curve. But I guess that really won't work when you think about it.

Bart

Hall of Famer
New Orleansis poorly run. That is a shame. I am editing my posts.Edited by: Bart

Kaptain

Master
Looting is a major reason so many people did not evacuate. Many stayed to protect their homes while others stayed to loot. Stopping the looters should have a high degree of importance as many people have lost trust in our government in even making an attempt to stop the looters. IF the looters where mostly white people I'm pretty sure our government law enforcement agencies would have found away to greatly discourage it. As it is they really don't care because almost 100% of the looters are black.

Bart

Hall of Famer
I've been watching a live internet news feed of New Orleans. A stupid female commentator justified the looting saying, " You have to remember these people have been oppressed all their lives and this is the first chance they've had to get C.D.'s and other things denied them all theirlives."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Oh man, what a bunch of BS. That's about like when they said that people are in need of stuff, and have sort of lost control of themselves because of what they have been through. Get real, that's how these people are all the time.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
that's similar to the response that the media made about the **** during the L.A. riots a few years back. they kept talking about how it was a political statement about the terrible status under which they lived. it looked to me and my brother like a bunch of blacks stealing from each other and burning down their own neighborhoods. if it had been some sort of "statement" they would have been looting and destroying up the road in Beverly Hills where their white "oppresors" lived. what a bunch of B.S.

f-ing jerks!
smiley21.gif
smiley15.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

Bart

Hall of Famer
An on-line report from a resident .http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/

11.50 A.M. update:Dead bodies everywhere: convention center, down camp street, all over.

4. National Guard shoving water off the backs of trucks. They're just pushing it off without stopping, people don't even know it's there at first -- they drop it on the side in debris, there's no sign or distribution point -- people are scared to go near it at first, because the drop points are guarded by troops or federal agents with assault rifles who don't let people come near them, which scares people off. It is a mess. When people actually get to the water, they are in such a rush to get it that one family left their small child behind and forget about him until Sig carried him back to the family.

5. Lots of pics coming soon when Sig has time to update.

It's raining now and I guess that's a relief from the heat. It's hot as hell down there in the sun. Crime is absolutely rampant: rapes, murders, rape-murder combinations.