Juan Gonzalez comeback?

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Two-time MVP Juan Gonzalez is seeking another swing at a comeback after nearly three years since his last at-bat, and the St. Louis Cardinals have discussed extending him an invitation to spring training according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Gonzalez, 38, has been working out at Eduardo Perez's Winter Training Program in Puerto Rico. The Cardinals, intrigued by descriptions of Gonzalez's workouts, are exploring the possibility of signing the former All-Star outfielder, but a source cautioned that no deal is completed.

"He really never stopped playing," said Perez, a former Cardinal and founder of a winter program that offers professional players training facilities in exchange for community work. "He looks great, like he hasn't missed a beat. His legs look strong. Once a hitter, always a hitter."

Source

Riddlewire

Master
I always thought Jocketty was just a bargain hunter. Then they bring in Mozeliak, who is just as cheap. Clearly, I was blaming the wrong entity. It's DeWitt and his budget posse. I suspect they're trying to fatten themselves up before they sell the team. They have absolutely proven that winning is meaningless to them. They remind me of the bitch owner from the movie Major League.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Juan Gonzales is one of the biggest a-holes in baseball. The Tigers signed him to a big contract and got about 1 RBI per $100,000. He's always injured and never motivated. He did the same thing to the Indians. Whoever takes a chance on him now is retarded.

white is right

Hall of Famer
For a clubhouse prank somebody should cut off his mullet.....
smiley2.gif